What's new

m2dave Wins MK9 at Road to Evo Event Season's Beatings: Summer Slam!

I don't know why you didn't use Kenshi vs. Wafflez's Cage.
Wafflez has pretty good kenshi experience from Dizzy. If King went to kenshi, wafflez goes to Smoke, which is an uphill battle for King. I personally agree with King's decision.

Also, a bit upset I never spoke with you yesterday. Let's play some games at CoCo if you'll be up there this month.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Or if you bait the obvious incoming teleports and dont even have to worry about what comes after...
Easier said than done with large hitbox characters. To punish tele 3 with significant damage, you need to forward dash in advance and whiff punish (at least with Freddy). Of course, with a character like Sonya punishing tele 3 is a piece of cake.

FrothyOmen, KING had lost and the score was 2:2. Wafflez would not have been able to counter-pick.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Dude, I WISH I got to fight MK legend in the tournament. I tried to get him to money match me but he didn't want to. I get the worst luck, I always lose to cage at every tournament lol. Oh well
I swear, I'm starting to get salty for you every time you get counterpicked with Cage. lol

SZSR

Noob
@Wafflez How in the hell did you letting a spamming noob like m2dave win the tournament when you had the biggest counter to his bullshit? You are a disappointment to Smokes everywhere.

Congrats on winning Dave, I knew you weren't all talk. Congrats on your placement Wafflez, better luck next time.

Good stuff from the rest of the top 8, glad to see MK alive and well in the midwest.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Because your character is bullshit and broken! you me and soonk have been over this lmao
Kung Lao is not broken lmao. If he was that good than there would be more Kung Laos in majors besides me and MK Legend. Kabal is bullshit and broken lol

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
God damn, you guys. Ripping on a 12 year old; the fuck? You should be saying something to the extent of "Wow, that's cool that the little dude's playing and got 3rd!"

So what if you don't like the way he plays? Can he improve as a player, of course, can the vast fucking majority of you guys throwing out the holier than thou card? abso-fucking-lutely. Salty much? God damn.

God damn, you guys. Ripping on a 12 year old; the fuck? You should be saying something to the extent of "Wow, that's cool that the little dude's playing and got 3rd!"

So what if you don't like the way he plays? Can he improve as a player, of course, can the vast fucking majority of you guys throwing out the holier than thou card? abso-fucking-lutely. Salty much? God damn.
Who is 12 years old?

I would like this 100 times of I could. Being in this community is like being in middle school.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Dude there is a lot of stuff KL did pre patch that wouldnt work now. MK Legend just teleportted all the timeAnd what are you talking about the teleport going un punished a lot. Do you guys not punish KL tele out there on the west? Cmon man your a better player than this. What kind of ridiculous statement is KL is scary when hes flying around the screen?
Ok I think everyone knows how punishable his tele is/spin is. He got third and some think he got lucky and etc. if you or anyone else got a problem with how he plays and stuff, help the others who have problems with his playstyle out, or fight him yourself. I dnt know if he is going to ufgt8, but if he does that will be big for him/ get to see how he does vs some of best around.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Also, I don't get why so much people dropped the character.
Too many Cage/Sonya players in tournaments, especially Cage. In a major tournament (i.e., MLG), look at all the Cage players you may have to go through if you are a Kung Lao player.

- CURBO
- Dizzy
- Maxter
- Showtime
- Master D.
- KING

Who would want to fight all these players with Kung Lao?

I love Cage players, though. They take care of all the Smoke players for me.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I took some random photos while I was there on Saturday. One of these days, I need to just gather everyone for one quick group shot, rather than all of these candids....lol

Anyway, here they are (Within spoiler). Starting off with the dog tags that they give you upon checking in:

They had a ton of these laying around everywhere. They were a flyer for a local game trade in store whose name escapes me at the moment.

Medina4life and Wafflez doing commentary

Espio872 reppin dat Stryker

UMK3 cabinet that everyone was enjoying some play time on

Mostly non-MK competitors chilling together and watching Mayweather vs. Cotto

View of the venue from standing at the MK / Skullgirls / SC V station area

And that's that. It was an amazing time and I cannot wait for the next time that I have to venture out to Momo2!

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Congrats, m2dave. You finally won a major. (mostly because I and NY wasn't there. :REO)

I was disgusted with Master D. and soonk, though, whom I once thought were my "Kabal brothers". How dare you two abandon Kabal. One for a blonde bimbo, and the other for some Lin Kui reject. Very disappointing.
But, you're the one that taught me how to counter-pick, bro. I'm waiting for you to show me how to deal with that little green bitch; until then I'm content chucking ice at him.

BS3OOO

Noob
With rev0lvers superior intellect, I suspect he'll place in the top 260 at EVO. Give the kid a break, I mean were you seriously sitting down at the computer getting mad over his playstyle?! DOUCHE