What's new

m2dave Wins MK9 at Road to Evo Event Season's Beatings: Summer Slam!

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I completely disagree with KL supposed to be played as a chaotic character. That style will get you blown up by good players. Maybe you can win a couple matches here and there against decent people but your not going to beat the best by just being crazy and not caring. MK Legend still plays KL pre patch style and that is going to haunt him. Just wait till he goes to a big tournament.
How is his style pre-patch? I can count the number of times he did 2,4,low hat on one hand. KL has to throw alot because most of the cast has no reason not to crouch/crouch block his strings. I also do think that he beat and got close to beating some very good players. It looked like Waffles had him downloaded, but he adapted and won the match. KL is mobile, which I believe naturally makes him chaotic. There is a reason that the teleport goes unpunished so often; he makes you respect his other options. Any KL that does not keep you on your toes is probably not gonna get too far in a tourney. Just my observations from watching and playing against KL players. KL is only really scary when he is flying across the screen. Btw, chaotic does not mean random.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
It's pretty sad calling a 12 year old scrubby because his style of Kung Lao is unorthodox. So I guess Nick and Nate Diaz boxing is scrubby because its unorthodox.

Master D please start sticking to Kabal. I think he is your best character and like watching Reo I enjoy seeing your Kabal.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
i find KL free when he's flying across the screen. otherwise he scares me.
Maybe so against a character with good air control (like Kitana or Kabal). But there is a reason why those are usually considered bad MU's for KL. My point is that KL always has to be active in most MU's. It has been much harder for him to try and lame things out since his low hat nerf.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Maybe so against a character with good air control (like Kitana or Kabal). But there is a reason why those are usually considered bad MU's for KL. My point is that KL always has to be active in most MU's. It has been much harder for him to try and lame things out since his low hat nerf.
Why is he laming things out? Kung Lao has great rushdown, which I find much more effective in high level play.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Why is he laming things out? Kung Lao has great rushdown, which I find much more effective in high level play.
I agree. My point is that it is harder for him to get in and stay in against these characters because of their defensive options. The low hat nerf hurt him because his options from mid and full screen have become more limited- he can't zone as well as he used to be able to.

Death

Noob
How is his style pre-patch? I can count the number of times he did 2,4,low hat on one hand. KL has to throw alot because most of the cast has no reason not to crouch/crouch block his strings. I also do think that he beat and got close to beating some very good players. It looked like Waffles had him downloaded, but he adapted and won the match. KL is mobile, which I believe naturally makes him chaotic. There is a reason that the teleport goes unpunished so often; he makes you respect his other options. Any KL that does not keep you on your toes is probably not gonna get too far in a tourney. Just my observations from watching and playing against KL players. KL is only really scary when he is flying across the screen. Btw, chaotic does not mean random.
Dude there is a lot of stuff KL did pre patch that wouldnt work now. MK Legend just teleportted all the timeAnd what are you talking about the teleport going un punished a lot. Do you guys not punish KL tele out there on the west? Cmon man your a better player than this. What kind of ridiculous statement is KL is scary when hes flying around the screen?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
If he is using it right, it becomes very difficult to punish and anyways, I was referring to the tourney matches that I have seen MK legend play. Most of those MIDWEST players were not punishing it consistently. I think my statement is valid because his mobility is one of his best tools. Of course, you have to keep in mind that this is from the perspective of a Shang player; the teleport is very tricky to deal with when you are using high hitbox character or characters that have a difficult time controlling the air. Obviously Sony, Mileena, and Kitana don't really fit into either of those characters. I am curious, what other things don't work for KL post patch. I know low hat was the main one.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
...the teleport is very tricky to deal with when you are using high hitbox character or characters that have a difficult time controlling the air. Obviously Sony, Mileena, and Kitana don't really fit into either of those characters.
This.

And tele 3 -> spin is not "scrubby". If you do anything but block or armor, you are getting launched. If I think I've got a right read, I'm going for it (unless I'm fighting Cyrax).

Some of you are discrediting MKLegend too much. Others did so too last night and lost.