What's new

m2dave Wins MK9 at Road to Evo Event Season's Beatings: Summer Slam!

There a character named Kabal in this game, white guy, burned, f'ed up face ever heard of him?
Kabal was the first person I thought of but I dismissed him since people don't zone with him through out the match as if that is their core strategy. Kabal players rush you down. They only zone when they feel like chipping you out or they screwed up so badly in their rushdown they zone out of desperation.

NKZero

Noob
I'll be convinced when this is done with a character who came from the original game and didn't get all the tools Freddy ended up getting to make zoning viable in one character.
Yeah as Pig said Kabal can do it. Sektor is actually a very good zoner but under-used. Then you have Kenshi who is capable of winning. Oh and Johnny Cage...

my respict to all of the top 8 list really.But, the result means that the tournament was very hyped ...( NOOOOOOOOOOOT !!! ) :p
hope u had fun guys ^^"

MoFuzz

Noob
So I guess that exhibition that was supposed to take place on the Spooky stream after Soul Calibur isn't happening anymore?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Way to bury the kid asshole. Just because he didn't play "how your supposed to" doesn't mean he isn't good.
He isn't good because he had such a simple strategy and people were getting blown up by it. It has nothing to do with "how you're supposed to", it was scrubby and most of the players just failed to adapt to it.

Pig Of The Hut
- Because I'm an idiot.

He isn't good because he had such a simple strategy and people were getting blown up by it. It has nothing to do with "how you're supposed to", it was scrubby and most of the players just failed to adapt to it.
He just seems to play a very unorthodox styles that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Sadly, I was one of these players that failed to adapt and ended up getting my ass kicked.

Nonetheless, the tournament was still fun with plenty of hype matches. Congrats to the top three and GGs to those I played.

good stuff from MKLegend, of course he's going to get hate for getting top 8 the way he plays, but the results show that it works. Of course some will do good against his style of play, but apparently most just aren't ready for it.