What's new

m2dave Wins MK9 at Road to Evo Event Season's Beatings: Summer Slam!

MaceWind

Crazy 88

Pig Of The Hut
- Because I'm an idiot.

He just seems to play a very unorthodox styles that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Sadly, I was one of these players that failed to adapt and ended up getting my ass kicked.

Nonetheless, the tournament was still fun with plenty of hype matches. Congrats to the top three and GGs to those I played.
Dude what is with your identity crisis? Play Kabal maybe a side of Cage. I'm not certain where you were going with that. I'll see you guys in a few weeks. I'll set you straight :)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
im not taking a win away from anyone, a win's a win no matter how you get there. the point is that people shouldn't be losing to it.

Flagg

Noob
Wow, people bagging on MK Legend because he didn't steam in like some sort of maniac like his life depended on not moving?

Fair play to him, when I encounter people like this it freaks me out, really throws me off my game.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
awesome to see so many GGA guys in the top 8! congrats guys!! see you thursday

M2Dave

Zoning Master
FOREVER KING How bout that xray?
Poor guy. He suffered two heart breaking loses. I hit him with an X-Ray to put him into loser's. Then Wafflez does Cage's X-Ray out of nowhere and KING punishes too fast and gets eliminated. This was perhaps the hypest moment of the tournament.

IKizzLE, I think Master D. needs to work on his execution. When he loses in casuals and in tournaments due to execution errors and input bugs, he gets frustrated and picks another character instead of working the problem out with Kabal. He will not be on REO's level until he step ups his execution and consistency.

Flagg

Noob
i'm only 3:05 in but some top notch matches, liking the jib of your Freddy m2dave. MK Legend, wow....players like him are a real headfuck. Think it's unfair for people to say he won with scrub tactics. His mixing up between throw and spin was really messing with a lot of people.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Poor guy. He suffered two heart breaking loses. I hit him with an X-Ray to put him into loser's. Then Wafflez does Cage's X-Ray out of nowhere and KING punishes too fast and gets eliminated. This was perhaps the hypest moment of the tournament.

IKizzLE, I think Master D. needs to work on his execution. When he loses in casuals and in tournaments due to execution errors and input bugs, he gets frustrated and picks another character instead of working the problem out with Kabal. He will not be on REO's level until he step ups his execution and consistency.
The face you made after hitting him with the X-ray was godlike.

i'm only 3:05 in but some top notch matches, liking the jib of your Freddy m2dave. MK Legend, wow....players like him are a real headfuck. Think it's unfair for people to say he won with scrub tactics. His mixing up between throw and spin was really messing with a lot of people.
mixing up between throw and spin is basically the definition of Scrub tactic lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
For having a small population, this was probably one of the more fun/hype/held-my-attention-all-the-way-through tournaments I've seen in a long time.
I may despise Freddy, but you make him work like a lady of ill repute on the strip in Vegas, Dave. The day more people stop taking my "You're not Bo Rai Cho, screw you" approach and really put him to task will be a SCARY day for the tournament scene.

Flagg

Noob
mixing up between throw and spin is basically the definition of Scrub tactic lol
Well the guy has a very simplistic way of playing and he's not someone that does crazy counter poking. It's like he plays the game a few frames behind everyone. So you're sitting there in front of him, what seems like forever, you commit to a poke and he spins. It was ridiculous! And he never dropped a combo. Isn't the guy, like 12? Think people need to get off his back a little. He placed 3rd...to say he is a scrub is to disrespect everyone who placed lower than him.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
MKlegend knows how to play. I also thought he looked pretty scrubby at Powerup (at first) but he clearly knows what he is doing. KL is supposed to be a chaotic character, which is why it can be difficult to win with him. The spin is one of the best tools in the game- you have to just throw it out sometimes. It takes balls to play KL. Congrats to Dave

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
when king got hit by that cage x ray, my heart was in my mouth for him lol

Flagg

Noob
Who else is their really? This little kid just appears to ripping holes out of anyone who plays him, or at least making them fear his irrational play style, and it works...

Nothing scarier than a kid with a 6 frame spin.
Exactly! I think it's pretty disrespectful the people bashing him. That kid played without fear, which I think is a big deal in competitive play. Great tournie, you could tell the players that lost to him were salty as Hell. Yeah he's not the most technical player, but he makes some great reads imo.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Exactly! I think it's pretty disrespectful the people bashing him. That kid played without fear, which I think is a big deal in competitive play. Great tournie, you could tell the players that lost to him were salty as Hell. Yeah he's not the most technical player, but he makes some great reads imo.
He just goes for it, he just rolls in on block or hit and goes for a throw almost every time, and he will spin you, thats the genius part, he's not afraid of fucking up or being read, the opponents seem to have that at the back of their mind the entire time.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
At what time does the cage's x ray moment occurs??
Pretty late in the tournament. I believe it occurred in loser's semi-finals.

MKLegend is a good player who should never be underestimated because of his wild style of gameplay. He still knows the basics of the game very well. While I still think KING has the best Kung Lao overall, players who think MKLegend is a joke would most likely get blown up by him.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Awesome, now you guys needs to come up with a plan to beat CD Jr Screw up his fingers just before EVO :p

Death

Noob
MKlegend knows how to play. I also thought he looked pretty scrubby at Powerup (at first) but he clearly knows what he is doing. KL is supposed to be a chaotic character, which is why it can be difficult to win with him. The spin is one of the best tools in the game- you have to just throw it out sometimes. It takes balls to play KL. Congrats to Dave
I completely disagree with KL supposed to be played as a chaotic character. That style will get you blown up by good players. Maybe you can win a couple matches here and there against decent people but your not going to beat the best by just being crazy and not caring. MK Legend still plays KL pre patch style and that is going to haunt him. Just wait till he goes to a big tournament.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
People, stop saying it's random spins and throws, that's just what he will do whenever he's close to you, after a teleport 3 (which he never expects to be punished) or whenever you're in his face.

And Kung Lao of America? Lol you guys do realize this was a 19 person tournament, right? There's a reason he didn't win, and he never will unless he learns fundamentals. I can't wait for him to run into a Kitana player. No need to poke teleports when you have air option selects.