What's new

m2dave Wins MK9 at Road to Evo Event Season's Beatings: Summer Slam!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Mortal Kombat 9 took place at Season's Beatings: Summer Slam today and while it was short on the number of Kombatants, it wasn't short on great competition and awesome matches. Cleveland area m2dave took home 1st place, while Dizzy, from Chicago took home second. And in yet another great showing, Cincinnati area player MK_Legend, whom was sponsored by Arcade Legacy, came in third. Check out the rest of the Top 8 and here is the entire stream of todays event: http://www.twitch.tv/medina4life/b/317241572

1st – m2dave (Freddy)
2nd – GGA Dizzy (Cage)
3rd – AL| MK_Legend (Kung Lao, Freddy)
4th – GGA Wafflez (Smoke, Cage)
5th – CoCo| FOREVER KING (Kung Lao, Sonya)
5th – Master D. (Kabal, Sonya, Cage)
7th – GGA Medina4life (Reptile, Rain)
7th – GGA soonk (Kabal, Sub-Zero)

Thanks to Delriach for the info.

Attachments

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
thanks medina for the stream. watched it from this side of the pond, so i had to come back after ~5 hrs in because i was mad tired :) congratulations to the placers. also, shoutouts to espio and osirun for repping stryker and raka. only a shame talk in the chat was more about PL and foxy than the matches most of the time. thanks to every1 who represented.

VAL

Noob
shouts out to the GGA crew. You guys should come down some time again . Also Shouts out to Semi Evil Ryu of the Nexus for taking out Osirin. He lost to Osirin at Naptown Clutch 2 the Tilt Studo vs Arcade Legacy MK match.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Congratulations to all the placers and all the competitors for making it to the event.
Also, thank you for keeping Kabal out of the top 4 for once :)

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Shit was crazy fun.

Also, if anyone ever goes to Momo2, do yourself a favor and buy yourself at least one of the concoctions that they refer to as "The Yoshi". It's traditional Japanese green tea mixed in with vanilla ice cream. Add in some chocolate crunch bits and you have yourself the best damn shake known to Man.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Congrats to m2dave, Dizzy and all the competitors that came out, loved the character diversity as well:).

Shit was crazy fun.

Also, if anyone ever goes to Momo2, do yourself a favor and buy yourself at least one of the concoctions that they refer to as "The Yoshi". It's traditional Japanese green tea mixed in with vanilla ice cream. Add in some chocolate crunch bits and you have yourself the best damn shake known to Man.
I wish I would have known of such wonders, I would have gladly tried this:( lol.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I didn't see Medina fight... but props to you for using Reptile and Rain... unlike the other top 8... *whistle*

VAL

Noob
shouts out to the GGA crew (except Soonk :p ) hope to see you guys again. And props to Semi Evil Ryu of the Nexus for taking out Osirin (he lost to him at Naptown Clutch 2). But Ryu? Where the fatality? GET HYPE!

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Grats to all top 8! Glad to hear Freddy gets his win, grats dave!

I didn't watch the stream so I could save it and watch it at work, I'm sure it was really good though.