What's new

m2dave Wins MK9 at Road to Evo Event Season's Beatings: Summer Slam!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
With rev0lvers superior intellect, I suspect he'll place in the top 260 at EVO. Give the kid a break, I mean were you seriously sitting down at the computer getting mad over his playstyle?! DOUCHE
Ok, first of all, who are you?

Secondly, this was a 19 person tournament, after all.

I'm not "mad" about his playstyle, I'm saying it's simplistic and easily exposable, as we saw when Dizzy adapted to it. This is why I wouldn't expect him to get very far when groups like VSM are around.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.

I'm not "mad" about his playstyle, I'm saying it's simplistic and easily exposable, as we saw when Dizzy adapted to it. This is why I wouldn't expect him to get very far when groups like VSM are around.
To be fair, almost no one makes it far when VSM is around.

Plop

Noob
m2dave totally deserved to win this. I could watch his Freddy all night. If i could get my fingers round Freddy I'd main him but he's tricky as fuck man. I gotta say though, i wanna see someone showcase Freddy's upclose game. He's got everything. Definitely top 5

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
5th at Powerup and 3rd at Season's Beatings.
First two majors in life?

Kid has some sort of skill. Maybe a little credit?!?! lol
My issue was not mk legends skill, hes doing what needs to be done to get pretty far BUT people were saying (on the stream) that he's got a shitty attitude in person (hes just a kid but look at how cool Curbo and Sawnik Faux was in person)...

Just a thought.. I could care less and I think he deserves props for his game play at least...

Tim Static

Adminerator

But when groups like VSM and others dont show up at tourneys like PU & SB, is that the fault of this kid? He came, played who he had to and did the best he could. Not his fault no one else came out to my tourney. 19 players, yup, so deal with it. 12 of them got Evo points too.

PS- MK_Legend has more Evo seeding points then most of the people posting here. Just sayin'.

Flagg

Noob
That tournie was crazy good. I think everyone there had solid showings. Really enjoyed watching Treadmill, Forever King, Moe, Osirun and m2dave in action.

Medina4life

Media Master
KOMPLETE EDITION. He needs it
TBH you got cheated, I've punished JC's Xray in less time than you did and it didn't activate

Oh well it's MORTAL KOMBAT.
Ughh... I'm tired of people blaming "Komplete Edition when that wasn't even the case here. I made a highlight just so we can put an end to this debate.

http://www.twitch.tv/medina4life/b/317440785

As you can see, Forever King waited all of about half a second. He barely waited at ALL. I don't want to hear any excuses. you can clearly see he hit buttons way too soon. Looks at JC's meter when Sonya hits him. He still has 1 full bar of meter left which means the X-ray is still active. King wasn't even close to waiting long enough

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Ughh... I'm tired of people blaming "Komplete Edition when that wasn't even the case here. I made a highlight just so we can put an end to this debate.

http://www.twitch.tv/medina4life/b/317440785

As you can see, Forever King waited all of about half a second. He barely waited at ALL. I don't want to hear any excuses. you can clearly see he hit buttons way too soon. Looks at JC's meter when Sonya hits him. He still has 1 full bar of meter left which means the X-ray is still active. King wasn't even close to waiting long enough
Ok.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
But when groups like VSM and others dont show up at tourneys like PU & SB, is that the fault of this kid? He came, played who he had to and did the best he could. Not his fault no one else came out to my tourney. 19 players, yup, so deal with it. 12 of them got Evo points too.

PS- MK_Legend has more Evo seeding points then most of the people posting here. Just sayin'.
When was I talking about him? I'm talking about people blowing him up saying he's the new god of Kung Lao or something like that. It's not like he placed 3rd at MLG, that's my point.

Evo points for games like MK are stupid btw... things like SB, NCR, Apex, etc shouldn't logically count but they do. Sorry for only going to tournaments with good competition, I guess.

Medina4life

Media Master
When was I talking about him? I'm talking about people blowing him up saying he's the new god of Kung Lao or something like that. It's not like he placed 3rd at MLG, that's my point.
Should he have done so well in two tournaments using the kind of strategy he did? No, he shouldn't have. It makes the game look bad and us look bad for letting it happen. However, he did do well. All we can do now is just get so good that people playing that kind of style can't come to tourneys and just do that to win.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Should he have done so well in two tournaments using the kind of strategy he did? No, he shouldn't have. It makes the game look bad and us look bad for letting it happen. However, he did do well. All we can do now is just get so good that people playing that kind of style can't come to tourneys and just do that to win.
At least it wasn't as bad as the log trap. But it's pretty much the same principle.