What's new

Konsider the Following: Ep. 3 -- Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy and Home Lee

What should the next topic for Bill or Thrill be?

• Wonder Woman

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Zatana

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Killer Instinct Season 2

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Homelee's Injustice Career

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • WB tv shows (Gotham, Arrow, Flash)

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Saucy jack thanks for the mention you are a true gentleman. If you guys want a random Brit to talk too let me know could be amusing.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Damn...... SJ needing his optometrist? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt

I've never said I don't want to do well, I do. It's not my fault I can't play offline casuals with you guys even though I want to, and you have no idea how much I want to, but I just happen to be geographically challenged right now. It would bring me joy to come over there and prove everything I've said. It sucks that I can't :| I will though, once I'm done with university or have the money for it heading over there is one of the first things I plan to do.

Also I have never said that any of you guys are bad, that's a really weird assumption to get from anything I've said. The reality (which, probably surprisingly to most of TYM, I recognise and accept) is that most of you are better than me fundamentally, and if it's ever been implied that I think you guys are bad well.....you guys need to stop looking for the hidden meaning lol. I've simply told you things you can do against Batgirl (besides the whole fuzzy guard controversy) (by the way to whoever said her overhead/low are the same speed, they aren't, there's a one frame difference which, I know, 'doesn't make much of a difference' but still) but most of my other points are correct. From testing by the way or from other people's threads, not just conjuring from my imagination or assumption. It's annoying trying to have a decent discussion when all my points are dismissed becase of one thing I said.

And whoever compared me to tru3t413nt or however you spell it, I am offended sir. You should be blown up for that. Negative points bruh. As if it weren't offensive enough that you pretty much called me English when I'm Scottish, but that man spreads misinformation all the time for several characters whereas I only spread misinformation half the time about one :DOGE

I ask you, all of TYM who read this post, to Konsider The Following:
Pleeeeeeaaaaaase stop blowing me up for something you can't prove I can't do. Until I have had the chance to prove myself or you have had the chance to back up your argument that I'm wrong then please stop blowing me up or dismissing any other valid opinion I have on a subject because of one thing I said. I just think it's caused drama and controversy on the site that isn't necessary. There's already enough of that as it is... In return for not bringing it up, I will stop saying it or posting it anywhere on TYM. I won't use it as an argument on this site for the rest of the time I'm on here and won't bring it up, as long as you don't. That sounds fair, right? Pls.

If you want to blow me up for anything from now on, let it be this:
I too have not seen The Shawshank Redemption.
I have seen Pulp Fiction, and only enjoyed the scenes with Samuel L Jackson in them. The rest of the scenes in the movie were meh.
I haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings films nor do I ever plan to.
GET AT ME #AllHailKhrome

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Of course it's negative though, it was hardly going to be positive was it? That's not a talking point at all.

Like I said, Sinestro and Aquaman have moves that are far more negative, but until you actually look at the move and not just the number beside the block advantage description it is pointless.
You're only focusing on them being negative when I'm talking about the whole package of the rings, slow, negative, terrible recovery. Arguing that that just because they're negative doesn't make them horrible, what makes them overrated and not all that is all of those things put together.

And saying of course the move was gonna be negative is a stretch. There are plenty of projectiles that are plus for no reason in this game. NW staff ground pound +8 regular and +16ish when MB'd. And that shit tracks. :/

Trance is mid hitting and tracking sure but it has a very wonky hitbox and sometimes decides not to combo properly.

Trait is also uber situational.
Zatanna is a bill and over hyped.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You absolute disgrace. I wish Scotland had voted for independence so that I wouldn't have to share my nationality with you.
You don't have to share your nationality with me at the moment lol. We may both be British but you sir are Welsh. :rolleyes: But I agree, I wish they'd voted Yes too. :(

I would humbly like to suggest you guys rekonsider getting some of these guests on your podcast. Having guests every week is imo how you keep a podcast fresh and people have something to look forward to.

I would humbly like to suggest you guys rekonsider getting some of these guests on your podcast. Having guests every week is imo how you keep a podcast fresh and people have something to look forward to.
Not so much, I think it's more the subject matter. Nothing wrong with guests, but most podcasts only have a few hosts. If you add a guest for the entire episode that will shut one of the regulars out. There are quite a few times where people barely get a chance to talk as is. I like the idea of bringing them on for segments of the show though.

Listened to this on my drive back from thanksgiving. Love the shout outs guys! Like others have said, I don't know how necessary guests are...but if you go that route I'd certainly love to be on.

-guilty as charged saucyjack. You can blame it the fact that you all at gga have been the heart and soul of NRS weeklies pretty much since I joined the community. As great as the level of play may have been in some other scenes at their peak, nothing can trump the passion and love you guys have. Can't wait to see what takes hold for mkx.

-The whole tester advantage thing is largely a red herring IMO. I don't think it really exists at all past a month, maybe even sooner. A meta can only really develop with a large group of high level players, and you are only as good as those you can play against.
I don't care if your daigo umehara or jwong. Half a dozen people cannot play an early version of the game for a week/month/year and then break the entire meta down before the rest of the playerbase gets involved. If that was possible then balancing these games wouldn't be so goddamn difficult.
Also, from what I've heard it seems like capcom bans their testers less for tester advantage and more to avoid a conflict of interest and make sure they don't have bias towards there main.

-glad to hear hippo is back as host next week. No offense to cool whip and lotf who are both great panelists...but hippo feels really natural at hosting.