What's new

Juicy: Which players are carried or held back by their main?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm sorry you had to be spoonfed that Superman mains used....GASP Superman in top 8.
Well considering you didn't actually tell me who they were originally how I was I supposed to know they were Superman mains? Stop making stupid points.
Ah, I wasn't aware. Here I was thinking racist jokes and Christmas discussions were gameplay related.
You brought up that you do a 3 hour podcast on gameplay discussion as some sort of evidence that you know what you're talking about, if you know it's not all gameplay discussion then it's not worth bringing up.
Absolutely not, which is why I'm very careful about not making outrageous claims about my spidey reactory senses, or claims that nobody is playing the game correctly, or that I would do work at EVO if I ever traveled there, or lament those who criticize me without watching me play, etc...
1. Not outrageous until proven otherwise, also you refuse to even practice it because you know you could be wrong and that scares you since in your opinion you're always right.
2. QUOTE ME ONE TIME I have said that people aren't playing the game correctly. That is PURE BULLSHIT. I said people aren't playing the BATGIRL MATCHUP correctly. Sorry you can't comprehend simple sentences.
3. I have also never claimed this bullshit you're spreading that I would "do work" at EVO. Cut the crap and stop making stupid claims. It's hypocritical to call me out for making stupid claims when you do it yourself.
4. What gives you the right to criticize me without watching me play? What gives ANYONE the right to criticize me without having watched me play? It's not like I claim I'd rape everyone I'd ever play or anything like that (which you'll probably claim I do, yet again without anything like a quote to back up your argument). It's like me calling you a horrible lawyer when I've never seen you in court. You might be a good lawyer but how would I know? I'd be criticizing you stupidly over something without having any evidence to back up my claim.
Probably...until you claimed you can react to Batgirl's vortex. Then you went down a few notches.
Oh sorry, can you prove I can't? I said I would show you I can, move the fuck on.
Um...OK? I hope you enjoy yourself... Now you'll have something else to tell us instead of that one time you beat Forever King's MMH in that one match online.
Well it's pretty obvious I'm not using that as serious evidence of skill. Sorry you don't understand sarcasm. Noone takes online seriously, obviously, but once again your stupid assumptions about me seem to prevail.
Well, it's hard to agree with terrible gameplay discussion.

PS: This might literally be the first time someone acknowledges that a comment was proven right, yet continue to call it baseless.

Baseless definition: without foundation in fact. So my comment was both A) a fact but B) without foundation in fact? I see.
Exactly, but how can you claim you're right when you've never even been in tournament or played offline with other high level players?

And for the record, you didn't actually back up your argument at first which is why I called it baseless. Then you backed up your point, so I thanked you and now for some reason you continue to bring up that I originally said it was baseless then acknowledged that you backed up your point. Move on. Seems like moving on from things is hard for you...

In fact I think it's better we move back on topic. Clear lord of all things NRS coolwhip is being held back by Batman.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm just gonna start telling everyone that they're @Karried by their characters, seems to piss everyone off equally.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Well considering you didn't actually tell me who they were originally how I was I supposed to know they were Superman mains? Stop making stupid points.

You brought up that you do a 3 hour podcast on gameplay discussion as some sort of evidence that you know what you're talking about, if you know it's not all gameplay discussion then it's not worth bringing up.

1. Not outrageous until proven otherwise, also you refuse to even practice it because you know you could be wrong and that scares you since in your opinion you're always right.
2. QUOTE ME ONE TIME I have said that people aren't playing the game correctly. That is PURE BULLSHIT. I said people aren't playing the BATGIRL MATCHUP correctly. Sorry you can't comprehend simple sentences.
3. I have also never claimed this bullshit you're spreading that I would "do work" at EVO. Cut the crap and stop making stupid claims. It's hypocritical to call me out for making stupid claims when you do it yourself.
4. What gives you the right to criticize me without watching me play? What gives ANYONE the right to criticize me without having watched me play? It's not like I claim I'd rape everyone I'd ever play or anything like that (which you'll probably claim I do, yet again without anything like a quote to back up your argument). It's like me calling you a horrible lawyer when I've never seen you in court. You might be a good lawyer but how would I know? I'd be criticizing you stupidly over something without having any evidence to back up my claim.

Oh sorry, can you prove I can't? I said I would show you I can, move the fuck on.

Well it's pretty obvious I'm not using that as serious evidence of skill. Sorry you don't understand sarcasm. Noone takes online seriously, obviously, but once again your stupid assumptions about me seem to prevail.

Exactly, but how can you claim you're right when you've never even been in tournament or played offline with other high level players?

And for the record, you didn't actually back up your argument at first which is why I called it baseless. Then you backed up your point, so I thanked you and now for some reason you continue to bring up that I originally said it was baseless then acknowledged that you backed up your point. Move on. Seems like moving on from things is hard for you...

In fact I think it's better we move back on topic. Clear lord of all things NRS coolwhip is being held back by Batman.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Well...

Because there's more than one or two Batgirl players in the entire world, and most of the better ones obviously couldn't make it to EVO. Pretty obvious.
I'm not saying Coolwhip is right or wrong, but it's easy to take a sentence like this and see how the subtext could be that if people in other countries (Like Scotland) would have traveled, they'd have been good enough to do well, as per your Superman example.

coolwhip

Noob
Well considering you didn't actually tell me who they were originally how I was I supposed to know they were Superman mains? Stop making stupid points..
Not even kidding I didn't bother to read everything else because I'm bored with this, but since this is what started the whole argument, I'll reply:

Everyone knows who Theo, KDZ and Slayer main. Everyone also knows they made top 8 at EVO 2013. Ergo, everyone knows there were three Superman mains in top 8 at EVO 2013. Since this is TYM, you really think it's stupid for me to assume that someone who follows the scene should be aware of this? If I say "Catwoman made top 8 at EVO 2014." That's not a vague statement. In context, on TYM, everybody will know what I'm talking about. It's literally the same. The fact that you didn't is out of your own ignorance. When something is that common knowledge, you don't have to bring proof. The hell are you talking about?

Also, next time, before calling something baseless, do some research. It isn't hard.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Not even kidding I didn't bother to read everything else because I'm bored with this, but since this is what started the whole argument, I'll reply:

Everyone knows who Theo, KDZ and Slayer main. Everyone also knows they made top 8 at EVO 2013. Ergo, everyone knows there were three Superman mains in top 8 at EVO 2013. Since this is TYM, you really think it's stupid for me to assume that someone who follows the scene should be aware of this? If I say "Catwoman made top 8 at EVO 2014." That's not a vague statement. In context, on TYM, everybody will know what I'm talking about. It's literally the same. The fact that you didn't is out of your own ignorance. When something is that common knowledge, you don't have to bring proof. The hell are you talking about?

Also, next time, before calling something baseless, do some research. It isn't hard.

coolwhip

Noob
I've had plenty of dumb arguments, here, some started by me, but this is literally the first time I have an argument with someone for bringing up that 3 Superman mains made EVO 2013, and 4 pages later they're still hellbent on my lack of initial proof for my "argument." When it fact, it wasn't an argument. It was a declarative statement. A fact.

Back to thread, I think Cowboy is held back by Sinestro.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I've had plenty of dumb arguments, here, some started by me, but this is literally the first time I have an argument with someone for bringing up that 3 Superman mains made EVO 2013, and 4 pages later they're still hellbent on my lack of initial proof for my "argument." When it fact, it wasn't an argument. It was a declarative statement. A fact.

Back to thread, I think Cowboy is held back by Sinestro.
I agree. In some matchups it's fine because he can play defensively but I HATE having to use his scrappy, unintentional rushdown game. I think characters like Aquaman and Doomsday (the way that whiteboi uses him) are much better fits for me. I play Sinestro because of a combination of him being cool and because he could be defensive in all matchups early on in the game's life.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I agree. In some matchups it's fine because he can play defensively but I HATE having to use his scrappy, unintentional rushdown game. I think characters like Aquaman and Doomsday (the way that whiteboi uses him) are much better fits for me. I play Sinestro because of a combination of him being cool and because he could be defensive in all matchups early on in the game's life.

Youphemism

OG Mannimal - I NEVER said that. I said he had more plus frames, obviously, but not better pressure.
coolwhip - Are you that lazy that you can't even back up your own arguments? You need people to do it for you? That's just sad, and I'm pretty sure a lawyer doesn't do that.
If the people that were in top 8 at EVO 2013 was "common knowledge" then I wouldn't have asked you for proof, duh. People forget.
And YOU are the one that's STILL bringing up the whole baseless thing. AS I'VE SAID ALREADY LIKE FOUR TIMES, you eventually did explain your argument and I was fine with that. YOU'RE the one with the problem with moving on from things, especially something I said a fucking year ago that for some reason you keep bringing up that has nothing to do with what we were talking about. Move on. I'm done talking to you because you think you're right and arrogance is poison.

Since TYM is so hellbent on making up quotes (not talking about you Hippo, you make a valid point and I can see why it would seem like I was implying that), I'm done talking to people. If you're going to have the gall to try and create assumptions about me out of nothing, at least have the sense to back it up. It's not hard to look for a quote or two. But you can't even seem to do that. Because you're wrong.

I'm done with this.

TL;DR coolwhip can't move on from anything, TYM needs to back up their arguments once in a while instead of making stuff up about me.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
OG Mannimal - I NEVER said that. I said he had more plus frames, obviously, but not better pressure.
coolwhip - Are you that lazy that you can't even back up your own arguments? You need people to do it for you? That's just sad, and I'm pretty sure a lawyer doesn't do that.
If the people that were in top 8 at EVO 2013 was "common knowledge" then I wouldn't have asked you for proof, duh. People forget.
And YOU are the one that's STILL bringing up the whole baseless thing. AS I'VE SAID ALREADY LIKE FOUR TIMES, you eventually did explain your argument and I was fine with that. YOU'RE the one with the problem with moving on from things, especially something I said a fucking year ago that for some reason you keep bringing up that has nothing to do with what we were talking about. Move on. I'm done talking to you because you think you're right and arrogance is poison.

Since TYM is so hellbent on making up quotes (not talking about you Hippo, you make a valid point and I can see why it would seem like I was implying that), I'm done talking to people. If you're going to have the gall to try and create assumptions about me out of nothing, at least have the sense to back it up. It's not hard to look for a quote or two. But you can't even seem to do that. Because you're wrong.

I'm done with this.

TL;DR coolwhip can't move on from anything, TYM needs to back up their arguments once in a while instead of making stuff up about me.
I've actually looked on your profile multiple times for the thread you made about NW pressure being better than WW pressure but it seems it got deleted. Wonder how that happened

Youphemism

I've actually looked on your profile multiple times for the thread you made about NW pressure being better than WW pressure but it seems it got deleted. Wonder how that happened
The THREAD got deleted? Let me look. Then again it IS a NW thread :DOGE

Edit: The thread is still there. Look harder before you make more stuff up.
#YearOfTheYouph off the a great start.
Jesus are you ever NOT unreasonably above yourself?

Hades

Noob
@Youphemism @coolwhip you guys need to stop this stupid arguing. I was expecting some blow ups and drama and all i got was some petty argument about something not important at all.

Anyway i think digit is held back by shazam. Although his shazam is ridiculous and his set ups are off the chain, a dude like that with martian manhunter and his whole array of set ups would destroy some people

Youphemism

Considering that your main argument for anything batgirl related is "not all the top batgirls were there" how about you back that up?

Oh right. You cant. Which is cool, it's expensive to travel. Trust me. I get it.

But please do us a favor and shut that D pleaser you call a mouth, because that act is obnoxious and worn out.

You haven't proved shit, you constantly berate others for the same, and every thread you've ever touched contains some form of "if I was there".

How dare you ask others to prove anything you hypocritical waste of bandwidth.
Are you seriously telling me to just come up with money and travel as if it's that easy? Great advice. Oh and I never said I was one of those top Batgirls did I? So maybe if you stopped assuming things you wouldn't get your panties in a twist. Yet again TYM produces an empty statement assuming something about me that isn't true. Go find a quote and maybe I'll listen.

If it's for some reason "implied" that I would beat everyone in America then that's on you. I don't and will not claim to be the best NRS fighter ever or whatever you keep thinking I'm saying considering the only offline experience I'll have against recognised top players isn't coming for a couple of weeks. Unless I'm flat out saying the words "I'm the best, I will beat you" then quit assuming. Not my fault you take what I'm saying the wrong way.

And really? Name-calling? Grow up.