What's new

Juicy: Which players are carried or held back by their main?

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Are you seriously telling me to just come up with money and travel as if it's that easy? Great advice. Oh and I never said I was one of those top Batgirls did I? So maybe if you stopped assuming things you wouldn't get your panties in a twist. Yet again TYM produces an empty statement assuming something about me that isn't true. Go find a quote and maybe I'll listen.

If it's for some reason "implied" that I would beat everyone in America then that's on you. I don't and will not claim to be the best NRS fighter ever or whatever you keep thinking I'm saying considering the only offline experience I'll have against recognised top players isn't coming for a couple of weeks. Unless I'm flat out saying the words "I'm the best, I will beat you" then quit assuming. Not my fault you take what I'm saying the wrong way.

And really? Name-calling? Grow up.
Yes. Because I'm sure what you mean by "if I was there" is "its too bad I wasn't there to go 0-2 for the pot monsters." Come on man. No one believes that. Seriously? Do you think it's a clever ruse? Do you think you've hoodwinked us all you sly fox you.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes. Because I'm sure what you mean by "if I was there" is "its too bad I wasn't there to go 0-2 for the pot monsters." Come on man. No one believes that. Seriously? Do you think it's a clever ruse? Do you think you've hoodwinked us all you sly fox you.
I don't say "if I was there" though because I know I can't be there. If I have in fact said that and you can provide me with an exact quote of me saying that if I was there I'd do well or beat other people then by all means do so and I will apologise. Otherwise you owe me one for making stuff up.
Instead of proclaiming that I'm great and I'd do well (which for some reason seems to be a common stereotype for the UK people which I don't understand but is besides the point right now) I give tips for the Batgirl matchup that aren't commonly put into practice so the people that can be there might have a better chance when facing Batgirl. But even though I'm providing legitimate, factual, tested (and yes outside of practice mode) help it's ignored.

Youphemism

I see that youphemism liked this post. I think, he thinks you are agreeing with him.
Well considering there has been a surplus amount of claims that I said things like NW has better pressure than Wonder Woman and that I would do great in tournaments when I haven't said those things, then yes I agree with his point.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I don't say "if I was there" though because I know I can't be there. If I have in fact said that and you can provide me with an exact quote of me saying that if I was there I'd do well or beat other people then by all means do so and I will apologise. Otherwise you owe me one for making stuff up.
Instead of proclaiming that I'm great and I'd do well (which for some reason seems to be a common stereotype for the UK people which I don't understand but is besides the point right now) I give tips for the Batgirl matchup that aren't commonly put into practice so the people that can be there might have a better chance when facing Batgirl. But even though I'm providing legitimate, factual, tested (and yes outside of practice mode) help it's ignored.
It's your gimmick.

"If I was there"
"Not all the batgirls were there"
"Not everyone can travel"

And 500 other variations of that message which all imply the same thing. You litter the forums with it. I'm sure you've said one of those phrases in this thread, perhaps more than once. I'm not going to go dig up the examples up because I don't have to. You say some form of the above phrases constantly. I apologize that this hurts your feelings, but I flat out don't believe you when you say that you are not implying how good you'd do. I believe that is a lie. Sorry.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Actually I do remember Youph saying Nightwing had better plus frames than WoWo, but when people basically said, "Yeah but NW doesn't really get to put people into those mixups as often and they aren't as threatening/hard to deal with" he said, "I really doubt Nightwing doesn't get great mixups from his plus frames" but when about 60 people presented him the options he then changed to, "Of course I know that I'm Youph, what I meant was Nightwing technically is more plus than WoWo, therefore he has better plus frames cause numbers."

The moral of the story here is that Wonder Woman is a fun character with interesting ground game that more people should play.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Also when it comes to being carried by your character, I don't think playing a strong character is enough to carry somebody unless for some reason they like 10-0 every character with no effort. I think when most people think someone is carried by their character, it's because something like this happens.

John is an average player. He decides that instead of playing mid tier character Bob he's going to play top tier character X. Now after getting used to top tier character X he's noticed that he does much better consistently against other players who are around his level. At the level of play he's at the players aren't really strong enough to handle the cheap things character X can do, so he starts to have more success in tournament and getting to play the good players. It may take a while, but eventually he beats one of these good players. Other good players notice, decide that this guy is pretty good and worth playing, and now John gets to play with stronger players. So John gets excited and really starts grinding and putting in the work. Pretty soon all this training with the super strong players he knows makes him just as good as them. Now all of a sudden John starts placing well in tournaments. Now here is where the getting carried part comes in.

People remember that John wasn't so great before, and is now winning with this new top tier character. They assume that he's still a pretty average player, but the character makes up for his weakness. What's really happened, is that John's training with these top tier players has helped to become a better player, and the work he's put in has really helped him level up.

So yeah this happens all the time, and I don't think people realize it that often. Whether or not people get carried isn't usually as cut and dry as, "He plays a good character now"

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
Also when it comes to being carried by your character, I don't think playing a strong character is enough to carry somebody unless for some reason they like 10-0 every character with no effort. I think when most people think someone is carried by their character, it's because something like this happens.

John is an average player. He decides that instead of playing mid tier character Bob he's going to play top tier character X. Now after getting used to top tier character X he's noticed that he does much better consistently against other players who are around his level. At the level of play he's at the players aren't really strong enough to handle the cheap things character X can do, so he starts to have more success in tournament and getting to play the good players. It may take a while, but eventually he beats one of these good players. Other good players notice, decide that this guy is pretty good and worth playing, and now John gets to play with stronger players. So John gets excited and really starts grinding and putting in the work. Pretty soon all this training with the super strong players he knows makes him just as good as them. Now all of a sudden John starts placing well in tournaments. Now here is where the getting carried part comes in.

People remember that John wasn't so great before, and is now winning with this new top tier character. They assume that he's still a pretty average player, but the character makes up for his weakness. What's really happened, is that John's training with these top tier players has helped to become a better player, and the work he's put in has really helped him level up.

So yeah this happens all the time, and I don't think people realize it that often. Whether or not people get carried isn't usually as cut and dry as, "He plays a good character now"
I 100% agree with this. This is how I was thinking of the whole "carried" thing as well. It's mainly the player that makes the character look so good or even "broken"

Youphemism

It's your gimmick.

"If I was there"
"Not all the batgirls were there"
"Not everyone can travel"

And 500 other variations of that message which all imply the same thing. You litter the forums with it. I'm sure you've said one of those phrases in this thread, perhaps more than once. I'm not going to go dig up the examples up because I don't have to. You say some form of the above phrases constantly. I apologize that this hurts your feelings, but I flat out don't believe you when you say that you are not implying how good you'd do. I believe that is a lie. Sorry.
No apparently my gimmick is being a downplayer, which was never actually explained to me... but if you're assuming that it's that I say I'd do well if I were there then let me clear the air for you:

I don't think I'm as good as people with offline experience against top players considering I don't have any. There. So now you have no reason to assume I'm implying something that I'm not even flat out claiming, yeah?

If I talk about coming to a tournament it's usually that I'm jealous others get to go because I'd want to be there to for the experience, it's not some arrogant "I'd beat you all" claim.
Actually I do remember Youph saying Nightwing had better plus frames than WoWo, but when people basically said, "Yeah but NW doesn't really get to put people into those mixups as often and they aren't as threatening/hard to deal with" he said, "I really doubt Nightwing doesn't get great mixups from his plus frames" but when about 60 people presented him the options he then changed to, "Of course I know that I'm Youph, what I meant was Nightwing technically is more plus than WoWo, therefore he has better plus frames cause numbers."

The moral of the story here is that Wonder Woman is a fun character with interesting ground game that more people should play.
1. Thank you.
2 and 3. You want to find me those exact quotes? Because I have all of my quotes from that thread ready to go so don't claim something that isn't true.

And yes I agree, Wonder Woman is cool.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Considering that your main argument for anything batgirl related is "not all the top batgirls were there" how about you back that up?

Oh right. You cant. Which is cool, it's expensive to travel. Trust me. I get it.

But please do us a favor and shut that D pleaser you call a mouth, because that act is obnoxious and worn out.

You haven't proved shit, you constantly berate others for the same, and every thread you've ever touched contains some form of "if I was there".

How dare you ask others to prove anything you hypocritical waste of bandwidth.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Are you seriously telling me to just come up with money and travel as if it's that easy? Great advice. Oh and I never said I was one of those top Batgirls did I? So maybe if you stopped assuming things you wouldn't get your panties in a twist. Yet again TYM produces an empty statement assuming something about me that isn't true. Go find a quote and maybe I'll listen.

If it's for some reason "implied" that I would beat everyone in America then that's on you. I don't and will not claim to be the best NRS fighter ever or whatever you keep thinking I'm saying considering the only offline experience I'll have against recognised top players isn't coming for a couple of weeks. Unless I'm flat out saying the words "I'm the best, I will beat you" then quit assuming. Not my fault you take what I'm saying the wrong way.

And really? Name-calling? Grow up.
Sorry you can't comprehend simple sentences.
Clear lord of all things NRS coolwhip is being held back by Batman.
Apparently, name calling is a sign of being immature but not being able to handle the backlash for your poorly worded walls of china and resorting to passive aggressively taking shots at the other dude isn't.

KayyKnow

Young, Black and handsome
Truth uses BG too iirc.
You must be thinking of someone else, i watch GGA every Thursday night and Truth clearly uses Batman. He is by far one of the best at that, well its a toss up between him and Forever King

Last edited: