What's new

Juicy: Which players are carried or held back by their main?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Maybe there's a reason more people played Superman than Batgirl? Could it be that he was far more OP? That's the whole argument here. You're trying to debate semantics to save face, while ignoring the real point at hand.

Also, the idea that quantity increases the chances of a character winning is utter bullshit. Do you have data as to how many players played Batgirl at EVO 2014? Even if there were 20 batgirl players, who cares when only one or two of them are any good?

And finally, my argument was not baseless. It was based on a common fact that YOU were oblivious to. When I make a claim that is correct, you could at least research before calling it baseless. That has to be the dumbest line of thinking I've seen in a while. So if I somehow was not aware of who won KIT, and claim that MMH has never won a major outside of the EC, and you reply "yes, he has, Jupiter won KIT" but don't provide a link to the results, does that make your argument baseless, or me ignorant? Because all I did was point out how KDZ, Slayer and Theo were Superman mains initially. Which was a fact.

Good to see that #YearOfTheYouph means you're still making cringe-worthy posts.

As far as condescension, be my guest and condescend, but at least be fucking right.
Fair enough, valid point.

Because there's more than one or two Batgirl players in the entire world, and most of the better ones obviously couldn't make it to EVO. Pretty obvious.

It was baseless because you didn't back it up with any sort of evidence, like how many matchups Slayer played as Superman for example since he played both Superman and Wonder Woman. You seemed to be fine with counting up how many MIT played with Batgirl, so why not do the same for yourself? When you make a claim, don't expect me to do YOUR work. If you're going to claim something have the common sense to back it up instead of just wording your post so that you sound like you're right even without evidence.

Aren't you a lawyer? Isn't part of your JOB making arguments AND backing them up with evidence? Or do you just make empty claims and expect people to know what you're talking about?

If you claimed Jupiter never won a major outside of EC and I said yes he won KIT without any sort of evidence then both my argument would be just as baseless as yours until proven otherwise and you would be ignorant for not having researched it previously. I would expect to be asked to prove it for it to be a legit argument. Empty claims mean nothing without evidence. Once I was called out on not providing evidence I would then go and find it and back up my argument. It's not hard, it's common sense.

Glad to see you think you can treat TYM like lessers even though you yourself have about as much credibility as I do.

No, I will not condescend. I am not going to stoop to your level. I try and keep my posts to a tone as if I were talking to someone of an equal position but you don't seem to have that attitude for some reason although you have proved absolutely nothing in this community competition-wise. The same as I.

But at least I provide something useful to this site like tech. Have you noticed that most of the threads you're in happen to turn into arguments? Why do you think that is?

coolwhip

Noob
Fair enough, valid point.

Because there's more than one or two Batgirl players in the entire world, and most of the better ones obviously couldn't make it to EVO. Pretty obvious.

It was baseless because you didn't back it up with any sort of evidence, like how many matchups Slayer played as Superman for example since he played both Superman and Wonder Woman. You seemed to be fine with counting up how many MIT played with Batgirl, so why not do the same for yourself? When you make a claim, don't expect me to do YOUR work. If you're going to claim something have the common sense to back it up instead of just wording your post so that you sound like you're right even without evidence.

Aren't you a lawyer? Isn't part of your JOB making arguments AND backing them up with evidence? Or do you just make empty claims and expect people to know what you're talking about?

If you claimed Jupiter never won a major outside of EC and I said yes he won KIT without any sort of evidence then both my argument would be just as baseless as yours until proven otherwise and you would be ignorant for not having researched it previously. I would expect to be asked to prove it for it to be a legit argument. Empty claims mean nothing without evidence. Once I was called out on not providing evidence I would then go and find it and back up my argument. It's not hard, it's common sense.

Glad to see you think you can treat TYM like lessers even though you yourself have about as much credibility as I do.

No, I will not condescend. I am not going to stoop to your level. I try and keep my posts to a tone as if I were talking to someone of an equal position but you don't seem to have that attitude for some reason although you have proved absolutely nothing in this community competition-wise. The same as I.

But at least I provide something useful to this site like tech. Have you noticed that most of the threads you're in happen to turn into arguments? Why do you think that is?
Wait wait, so I simply respond to a claim of yours by replying, and I quote "KDZ, Theo and Slayer are Superman mains," you turn that into an argument by saying and I quote "get the fuck out of here with these baseless claims," I provide evidence, it's somehow not good enough, and I turned this into an argument? OK.

"Once I was called out on not providing evidence I would then go and find it and back up my argument. It's not hard, it's common sense."

Which I did, even though what I stated was kind of a known fact to most. If you'd simply said "are you sure? Didn't Slayer use WW?" I'd have responded politely. When you say "GTFO here with baseless claims" even though everyone and their mother knows Slayer mains Superman, I'm going to be a dick about it. And yeah, I am a lawyer. When something is accepted as a fact (such as Slayer being a Superman main), the burden of proof lies with the one challenging it. You provided your proof, that Slayer used WW, and I countered with mine by explaining why that's relatively insignificant. Thanks for explaining to me how the law works.

As far as tech goes, go to the Batman forums and check threads and match-up discussions from about this point last year, I was pretty active actually, and yeah I've provided tech, by the way. Character forums are dead and the gameplay discussion on this site is for the most part, quite bad. So yeah sorry, I'm staying clear of that. Also, I do a 3+ hour podcast with plenty of gameplay discussion each week. I still talk about my character's match-ups all the time, including a thread that is active right now, and is on the main page. I'm sorry but is there a contribution quota I'm supposed to meet to satisfy you?

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Wait wait, so I simply respond to a claim of yours by replying, and I quote "KDZ, Theo and Slayer are Superman mains," you turn that into an argument by saying and I quote "get the fuck out of here with these baseless claims," I provide evidence, it's somehow not good enough, and I turned this into an argument? OK.

"Once I was called out on not providing evidence I would then go and find it and back up my argument. It's not hard, it's common sense."

Which I did, even though what I stated was kind of a known fact to most. If you'd simply said "are you sure? Didn't Slayer use WW?" I'd have responded politely. When you say "GTFO here with baseless claims" even though everyone and their mother knows Slayer mains Superman, I'm going to be a dick about it. And yeah, I am a lawyer. When something is accepted as a fact (such as Slayer being a Superman main), the burden of proof lies with the one challenging it. You provided your proof, that Slayer used a WW, and I countered with mine by explaining why that's relatively insignificant. Thanks for explaining to me how the law works.

As far as tech goes, go to the Batman forums and check threads and match-up discussions from about this point last year, I was pretty active actually, and yeah I've provided tech, by the way. Character forums are dead and the gameplay discussion on this site is for the most part, quite bad. So yeah sorry, I'm staying clear of that. Also, I do a 3+ hour podcast with plenty of gameplay discussion each week. I'm sorry but is there a contribution quota I'm supposed to meet to satisfy you?
No we're not talking about who is a what main, we're talking about how many what mains were at EVO. What you said was:
EVO 2013 had three legitimate Superman mains.
Which was baseless. Who? Did they use anyone else? This is where this argument began. You didn't explain the answers to those questions. You just emptily said there were three Supermains. THEN you actually explained who they were and who they used, I understand three people played all Superman except one for one match now. That's fine.

Oh get out of here with the assumption that I'm asking you to be this constant provider to the community. I know you do your podcast, but it's not 3 hours of gameplay discussion, there's a lot of off-topic discussion and whatnot. Even so who are you to assume yourself this knowledgeable high-level player? As I said before, you have as much credibility as I. But hell, I'm heading to play with Mustard and Ketchup and other high-level UK players at the end of the month so at least I will have had experience against high level players offline.

Is all gameplay discussion bad or does it just so happen to be any gameplay discussion you're involved in in which you think you're right and they're wrong that's bad?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Waaaaait wouldn't Batgirl 2013 evo be worse and more op than batgirl evo 2014? Considering she still had like 2 infinites and what not back then. If only we knew about those horrors. If anything Sonicfox should apologize for not placing with such a broke character in 2013. @SonicFox5000 :DOGE

DarkPage

Noob
I mean sometimes tiers are only tiers on paper, when Tyrant plays Grundy its like hes gotta a character that fits the way he wants to approach ( i assume) the character fits the players playstyle, like Revolver and Lex, both these players make these characters look hella good, cause they cover what they possibly lack and accentuate what their strengths are as a player.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
It looked like SonicFox was carried by Batigirl when he was fighting Rico Suave at NEC to me; outplay your opponent and still lose because the damage and set-ups just cannot compete. It's difficult to tell whether it's the case same with other fights because they just come across as squashes for the most part (EVO grand finals)

coolwhip

Noob
Which was baseless. Who? Did they use anyone else? This is where this argument began. You didn't explain the answers to those questions. You just emptily said there were three Supermains. THEN you actually explained who they were and who they used, I understand three people played all Superman except one for one match now. That's fine.
I'm sorry you had to be spoonfed that Superman mains used....GASP Superman in top 8.

Oh get out of here with the assumption that I'm asking you to be this constant provider to the community. I know you do your podcast, but it's not 3 hours of gameplay discussion, there's a lot of off-topic discussion and whatnot.
Ah, I wasn't aware. Here I was thinking racist jokes and Christmas discussions were gameplay related.

Even so who are you to assume yourself this knowledgeable high-level player?
Absolutely not, which is why I'm very careful about not making outrageous claims about my spidey reactory senses, or claims that nobody is playing the game correctly, or that I would do work at EVO if I ever traveled there, or lament those who criticize me without watching me play, etc...

As I said before, you have as much credibility as I.
Probably...until you claimed you can react to Batgirl's vortex. Then you went down a few notches.

But hell, I'm heading to play with Mustard and Ketchup and other high-level UK players at the end of the month so at least I will have had experience against high level players offline.
Um...OK? I hope you enjoy yourself... Now you'll have something else to tell us instead of that one time you beat Forever King's MMH in that one match online.

Is all gameplay discussion bad or does it just so happen to be any gameplay discussion you're involved in in which you think you're right and they're wrong that's bad?
Well, it's hard to agree with terrible gameplay discussion.

PS: This might literally be the first time someone acknowledges that a comment was proven right, yet continue to call it baseless.

Baseless definition: without foundation in fact. So my comment was both A) a fact but B) without foundation in fact? I see.

Last edited:

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Here are the current top 20 Injustice players according to the prestigious SRK rankings. Which of these players do you think are carried by their main and which ones are held back by their main? Perhaps it's a bit of both. Explain your opinions if you can.

1. Sonic Fox
2. Theo
3. Jupiter
4. Forever King
5. KDZ
6. 16 Bit
7. Pig of the Hut
8. Perfect Legend
9. Whiteboi
10. Wound Cowboy
11. Honeybee
12. Pimpimjim
13. Darth Arma
14. Chris G
15. Rico Suave
16. DJT
17. Blind Ducky
18. Tyrant
19. MIT
20. Biohazard
6 because I can only imagine the catwomen fight :( or match up vs others as i don't play no where near your level but I see the difficult fight sadly

SonicFox5000

The Best.
It looked like SonicFox was carried by Batigirl when he was fighting Rico Suave at NEC to me; outplay your opponent and still lose because the damage and set-ups just cannot compete. It's difficult to tell whether it's the case same with other fights because they just come across as squashes for the most part (EVO grand finals)
7 different characters can do that what

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
On the subject of Batgirl--
I remember cartwheel being backdashable after blocking the first part, I think REO made a video about it. I think our losses to Fox and Batgirl are really on us, if we don't backdash her cartwheel by now, if its backdashable. Don't call it a safe tool of it isn't.
How many Batgirls consistently enter tournaments? Fox may be the only one that places as people say, but there are actually more than just him and Floe, (sorry) right?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Zod carries me... but I paid my dews with cyborg! But then again that was karma for playing Kabal in mk9.... hmmm so I guess it all cancels out or something