What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Bane & Lex Luthor Confirmed

To think that the MORTAL KOMBAT people would focus on martial artists, cyborgs, and hulking monstrous dudes.

No way......I feel betrayed.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
To think that the MORTAL KOMBAT people would focus on martial artists, cyborgs, and hulking monstrous dudes.

No way......I feel betrayed.

Yeah......that's a weird statement to make. This game is not Mortal Kombat, just because it was developed by the same people doesn't mean they should "stick to what they know". Speaking of which, they've got two grapplers in this game, how many great one's have they had before?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah......that's a weird statement to make. This game is not Mortal Kombat, just because it was developed by the same people doesn't mean they should "stick to what they know". Speaking of which, they've got two grapplers in this game, how many great one's have they had before?
None. They need to make some serious changes to their grapplers(I.E. Unreactable and unblockable throws)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
None. They need to make some serious changes to their grapplers(I.E. Unreactable and unblockable throws)

That's what I'm saying, the post I quoted was dripping with sarcasm (as far as I understood) about how people are getting up in arms about NRS sticking to their guns when, in reality, they've never done a good grappler.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
ehhh if anything, we all know Bane is in the game because of The Dark Knight Rises. I honestly just wish that they would have never put Harley Quinn in. If they wanted to appeal to the clown lovers of the world, all they really needed was the Joker.

What i'm more interested in is seeing how NRS will deal with having two grapple characters in the game. Let's be honest, when it comes to those kind of fighters, they don't exactly have a good record of having any good ones.
:( I <3 Harley Quinn

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Probably venom, and it will probably increase his damage judging by the article.
Yea its def. venom. I just think it shouldn't be shared with superman's gimmick. There are other ways to make a character more dangerous, and adding speed to a grappler would be another route to take.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
How do we know these characters are playable? Maybe Bane/Luther are the Shao Kahn of Injustice?
The description on each of them implies that you'd be able to use them. Someone posted an upclose shot of the page somewhere in here....

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
OH look.... another couple of characters that just recently were in a movie or had a TV show named after them.....

How NRS I see you doing that marketing

There better be 30 chars ...... i don't know if I can live with the roster being 1/4th batman.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I called Luthor ages ago because they goofed and revealed him in the original announcement trailer. There's a screenshot I posted somewhere of him in that suit.

Bane looks fucking awesome, if Swamp Thing doesn't make it, he will be my main.

Fangoria19

Groovy
Like no one saw bane being included in this game, for those who keep bitching there are too many batman characters, you can probably bet money on the rest of the reveals being nonbatman from here on out, just a hunch > sinestro, cp. marvel, cp. cold, black canary...who knows maybe hong kong phooey if we're lucky.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im glad he's in. Bane will draw in some sales and his obvious self buff potential begs for him to be an armored character that grapples. Maybe he'll be a dash character like Hulk with clotheslines or something, but Im really hoping for armored normals and at least a good AA grab. Here's hoping the hyper is the backbreaker. He'll have one guaranteed, but oooooooh baby for it to be his big move. The match finishes vs Batman would be glorious.

Most hoped for moves from BANE:
Chokeslam
Backbreaker
Running clothesline
Spear

I got no idea what to hope for out of Luthor since he's so tech oriented in nature he can do anything. Im going to hope for a cross between Cyber Sub Zero, and Sektor just because both were fun.

axeman87

Noob
Unfortunately, the powers that be will have to choose characters that are recognisable to non comic book fans. It is a product that, in essence is there to be sold and make money.

Overall, I dont even get into DC really and read Marvel mostly, with the exception of some Superman, Batman and Lantern. I'm aware of the main players but thats about it and I'm a comic book reader.

I would like to see more obscure characters that might open up the DC universe for me and perhaps lead to a <cough> rich narrative. :rolleyes:

Please no more Batman & Friends if nothing else. I'd like to see more of DC universe instead of just Super, Bat, LanternSomeone.