What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Bane & Lex Luthor Confirmed

Reedoms

Noob
I don't considerate it a dedication to Batman. They're not picking these characters because they're from Batman; they're picking them because they're awesome characters that just so happen to be from Batman comics. I would rather half the cast be characters from Batman if each of those characters is awesome; than have them stretching to put in an even number of characters from different places and end up with a bunch of @ss characters. In the end even if it meant adding another Batman character, I'd rather see Mr. Freeze than Captain Cold.
If the game was called Injustice: Batmen Among Us, I wouldn't mind a full cast of Bat-related characters. But it's not. They advertised this as a full encompassing DC game with unlikely picks and stuff to make comic fans excited but so far all we've seen is that WB sure loves to saturate the Bat. It's getting silly at this point.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Nothing wrong with loving the charcters, but she just seems out of place in this game. Unless she has become something of a big time player in the comics or something that I've missed.
I haven't read it all, and its not all out yet, but I heard she's a major player in the Death of the Family arc which is still running.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I am still upset this was revealed in a fucking magazine, who does that?
And its not even game informer, its a best buy magazine that no one has ever heard of.

You guys... you guys are silly.

Reedoms

Noob
I haven't read it all, and its not all out yet, but I heard she's a major player in the Death of the Family arc which is still running.
She's showed up for maybe 2 pages in it. She's sorta big in Suicide Squad but that title is just shitting on everything Ostrander made for it 20 years ago and is just awful.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Most of the Batman characters in this game are pretty lame.
You lost the right to speak about this right there, because Batman has no lame characters...except Jason Todd. Harley Quinn definitely doesn't really need to be in here though, she is kinda lame too I guess. She has her moments, not like Jason Todd.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Bane looks freakin' awesome! I believe I have found my secondary to Batman. ;)

Batman/Bane tag team wassup.

EDIT: Peeps complaining about there being "Too Many Batman Characters!" need to find something new to complain about. There's a story to this game, and I'm sure there will be plenty of "Non-Batman" characters to be revealed. I have faith the story to the game will be great; it is sure to give a viable explanation as to why there are so many Batman-type characters, and it will make sense in the end when we see the entire complete roster.

I'm so hyped for the comics to come out now! Bane really does look like he'll give people pause to whomever is about to fight him. I want people to DREAD having to fight Bane! AWESOME!

Honestly, I predicted that Bane would be in the game. I'm glad I was right. Next up on the list is going to be Raven, Starfire, Metallo, Zodd, Black Adam, Aquaman. Starfire is hopeful- Although I think they'll add Huntress in place of "Batgirl" or whatever. Sinestro would be cool too. Martian Manhunter will definitely be in as well. I won't be surprised if Gorilla Grodd is in as well.

Metallo is going to be so siiiiiickkkkk!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
EDIT: Peeps complaining about there being "Too Many Batman Characters!" need to find something new to complain about. There's a story to this game, and I'm sure there will be plenty of "Non-Batman" characters to be revealed. I have faith the story to the game will be great; it is sure to give a viable explanation as to why there are so many Batman-type characters, and it will make sense in the end when we see the entire complete roster.

The story could've been ANYTHING they wanted. It could've featured ANYONE they wanted because they're making it. Them being relevant to the story isn't a justification for them being in because the story could be anything.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
The story could've been ANYTHING they wanted. It could've featured ANYONE they wanted because they're making it. Them being relevant to the story isn't a justification for them being in because the story could be anything.
Also bear in mind that Warner Brothers has the final say in what they do with the game; this especially includes the story. I wouldn't hate on the story before it's even out. Just sit tight, be patient, and who knows; you may come to love the story! ;P

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Also bear in mind that Warner Brothers has the final say in what they do with the game; this especially includes the story.

That's fine......what's that got to do with anything? Your point being that "people should stop complaining about there being too many Batman characters because they'll be relevant to the story" isn't a good reason for people not to complain when, again, anyone could've been in their place.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
If the game was called Injustice: Batmen Among Us, I wouldn't mind a full cast of Bat-related characters. But it's not. They advertised this as a full encompassing DC game with unlikely picks and stuff to make comic fans excited but so far all we've seen is that WB sure loves to saturate the Bat. It's getting silly at this point.
I would like to see where the words full encompassing dc game with unlikely picks and stuff to make comic fans excited were used in any press release or advertisement. The game itself IS something to make comic fans excited. WB is not making this game, they just gave NRS the money and rights to make this game. You can't say for sure that the reason there are so many batman characters is because WB sure loves to saturate the bat.

My point being with these characters already being super popular they don't need to dominate the roster.
I feel that because these characters are super popular is exactly why they should dominate the roster. They need to fill this game with as many popular characters as possible. If these characters happen to come from Batman, then that is only a testament to Batman's popularity. These games sell because of the characters people recognize and want to play; not because of the little known characters that only the most hardcore fans will be excited about.

Pick 3 or 4 fan favorite Batman characters (two heroes, two villains), give those extra 3 or 4 spots to other people and make more Bat characters later in DLC. People will buy this game for Batman, Nightwing and Joker; How many more people are gonna buy just for Quinn, Bane or Catwoman?
This is exactly my point. You're right. Noone is going to buy this game just for quinn, Bane or Catwoman ; but they're not going to buy this game just for Batman, Superman or the Joker either. People don't buy games just because there is one character on the roster who they are excited about. They buy them because there are a lot of characters that they are excited about playing. Which is why they need to put as many big names in the game as possible, it just so happens that most of the biggest names in DC come from Batman. I really really wouldn't worry about Batman characters dominating the roster, because sticking with the idea of adding as many big names as possible I am %100 positive that the biggest names of the other DC characters are going to show up too. Just consider how good of a job NRS did with picking characters for MK9; In NRS we Trust.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
You lost the right to speak about this right there, because Batman has no lame characters...except Jason Todd. Harley Quinn definitely doesn't really need to be in here though, she is kinda lame too I guess. She has her moments, not like Jason Todd.
:(

Reedoms

Noob
I would like to see where the words full encompassing dc game with unlikely picks and stuff to make comic fans excited were used in any press release or advertisement. The game itself IS something to make comic fans excited. WB is not making this game, they just gave NRS the money and rights to make this game.
There was an interview with Hector on some Latino review thing and he mentioned that people would be excited for "that guy or that girl or that thing" kind of implying that there were going to be obscure people.

You can't say for sure that the reason there are so many batman characters is because WB sure loves to saturate the bat.
If you've noticed the amount of Batman related things coming out in the past year it would make you assume they do. At least 14 out of 52 books in DC's lineup right now have Batman in them, Dark Knight Rises just came out and everyone is crazy about that and not to mention the new show Beware the Batman coming out in a few months. They love the Bat because they know casuals will eat him up.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I feel that because these characters are super popular is exactly why they should dominate the roster. They need to fill this game with as many popular characters as possible. If these characters happen to come from Batman, then that is only a testament to Batman's popularity. These games sell because of the characters people recognize and want to play; not because of the little known characters that only the most hardcore fans will be excited about.

What? Why would you do that? Why would you release a game where you have 100's to 1,000's of choices in terms of characters and pick only the most well known characters that are gonna sell regardless of if they're in this game or not?.Again, picking the 3 or 4 most popular Bat characters will yield practically the same amount of sales that having 7 or 8 would because not having Harley, Bane and Catwoman is not gonna make a tremendous impact on sales. Now, those 3 spots can be filled with people that haven't grabbed a solid fanbase or aren't well known and can gain some recognition from this.

This is exactly my point. You're right. Noone is going to buy this game just for quinn, Bane or Catwoman ; but they're not going to buy this game just for Batman, Superman or the Joker either.
Yes, they will. People will buy for Batman, Superman, Joker, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Nightwing. These characters will drive sales more than any character announced so far. Combined, the rest of the announced cast will not generate the same buzz of Superman, Batman, and Joker.

People don't buy games just because there is one character on the roster who they are excited about. They buy them because there are a lot of characters that they are excited about playing. Which is why they need to put as many big names in the game as possible, it just so happens that most of the biggest names in DC come from Batman.
When did I ever say one character? Four characters instead of seven or eight is what I'm asking for and it will not make a huge difference omitting those 3 or 4 less Bat people. Also, there's toooons more big names than Harley or Bane: Zod, Brainic, Doomsday, Sinestro, Darkseid, Grodd, and that's just villains.

Just consider how good of a job NRS did with picking characters for MK9; In NRS we Trust.
You mean how they recapped the story of the first 3 games and added the characters from the first 3 games?

Most of the Batman characters in this game are pretty lame. Joker, Harleyquin, Nightwing, Catwoman. Who's next? Penguin? Riddler? Or maybe the Boy wonder? smh
Those characters u listed off as fighting game characters could all bed led to as perspective of lame. Riddler and penguin ill understand but so far other than harley quinn I think batman has a decent array of characters.

Cruz

Banned
BATMAN: GOTHAM CITY FREAKS AMONG US!
I mean really Bane in space? In space kicking Green Lantern's ass?
It should have been Atrocitus!

Are you being serious, or are you just trolling right now?

Joker is pretty much one of the most terrible characters of all time, because of the universe he lives in and the way everyone treats him and you're complaining about Jason Todd, someone who actually makes sense in the shitty universe of Batman?

You have to be trolling.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Joker is pretty much one of the most terrible characters of all time, because of the universe he lives in and the way everyone treats him and you're complaining about Jason Todd, someone who actually makes sense in the shitty universe of Batman?

You have to be trolling.
You have got to be the troll, tell me exactly what about Jason Todd is seriously one of the worst characters I've ever seen. Please tell me one thing that makes him stand out? Also by saying the universe of Batman in general is shitty seriously tells me everything I need to know I guess. God damn Marvel fan boys...

You have to be trolling.
considering you just tried talking down in one of the few characters who is considered to be one of the greatest villains in comic book history id say youre the troll

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
What? Why would you do that? Why would you release a game where you have 100's to 1,000's of choices in terms of characters and pick only the most well known characters that are gonna sell regardless of if they're in this game or not?.Again, picking the 3 or 4 most popular Bat characters will yield practically the same amount of sales that having 7 or 8 would because not having Harley, Bane and Catwoman is not gonna make a tremendous impact on sales. Now, those 3 spots can be filled with people that haven't grabbed a solid fanbase or aren't well known and can gain some recognition from this.
They're not picking characters based on who's comic needs a sales bump.

Yes, they will. People will buy for Batman, Superman, Joker, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Nightwing. These characters will drive sales more than any character announced so far. Combined, the rest of the announced cast will not generate the same buzz of Superman, Batman, and Joker.
Yes they will. That's why they're in the game. It's pretty much my whole point. They're picking characters that will make the game sell.

When did I ever say one character? Four characters instead of seven or eight is what I'm asking for and it will not make a huge difference omitting those 3 or 4 less Bat people. Also, there's toooons more big names than Harley or Bane: Zod, Brainic, Doomsday, Sinestro, Darkseid, Grodd, and that's just villains.
I think you missed the point here.

You mean how they recapped the story of the first 3 games and added the characters from the first 3 games?
You don't have to get so frustrated that you turn to sarcasm.

Justice

Noob
I don't know if they should dominate the roster, but it's no surprise that they do seem to. Fact is, any company's #1 goal is to make money. They do this by giving people what they want. How do people tellt hem what they want? With dollars. Batman movies, no matter how shitty they are, make huge bank. Harley Quinn was so popular when she was introduced in the cartoon that she was made a part of the books as DC realized there was another bankable property there.

And don't forget guys, we don't have a full roster reveal yet. They're mainly revealing characters that will make gamers and comic fans alike save their pennies to buy this game. My only concern is, they aren't leaving many major characters for DLC. I would have liked to see Bane as DLC simply because people that haven't bought the game already will buy the game just to download him. Then agaian, judging by MK, NRS does't seem to be overly big on DLC.

This is exactly my point. You're right. Noone is going to buy this game just for quinn, Bane or Catwoman ; but they're not going to buy this game just for Batman, Superman or the Joker either. People don't buy games just because there is one character on the roster who they are excited about. They buy them because there are a lot of characters that they are excited about playing. Which is why they need to put as many big names in the game as possible, it just so happens that most of the biggest names in DC come from Batman. I really really wouldn't worry about Batman characters dominating the roster, because sticking with the idea of adding as many big names as possible I am %100 positive that the biggest names of the other DC characters are going to show up too. Just consider how good of a job NRS did with picking characters for MK9; In NRS we Trust.
I bought MvC just for She Hulk and even then I waited until I could buy it used for $15 :p People buy games for a myriad of reasons. Sometimes it's more who they want to beat up than who they want to play or simply to pretend that they are involved in the comics they know and love. Either way, Injustice is going to sell huge and everyone is going to love it.