What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Bane & Lex Luthor Confirmed

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I love how some people say nobody saw Bane coming... Really? You didn't see the main antagonist of the most recent Batman movie as a character in a DC comics fighting game coming? Alrighty then. Bane or Harley... decisions decisions.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
If I were a betting man, I'd put money on his hyper being a "Venom Infusion" 5-8 second hyper armor buff that makes his movement a bit slower. Hoping if this is the case they treat it like Street fighter treats focus attack armor, allowing very slow regen if hes not taking damage, so that way its not a hyper that could completely screw you over a good chunk of the time.

Or fuck it give him a brutal backbreaker grab on the hyper.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Wait, I just read the description...BANE IS HAKAAN!! Venom is going to be like oil. Too sick!! Haha, definitely going to fucks with that.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
If I were a betting man, I'd put money on his hyper being a "Venom Infusion" 5-8 second hyper armor buff that makes his movement a bit slower. Hoping if this is the case they treat it like Street fighter treats focus attack armor, allowing very slow regen if hes not taking damage, so that way its not a hyper that could completely screw you over a good chunk of the time.

Or fuck it give him a brutal backbreaker grab on the hyper.
Dude, Bane needs to protect the Gotham skies.

In Kingdom Come Catwoman was a member of Luthor's MLF (Mankind Liberation Front), so I suppose Luthor's faction will be Bane, Deathstroke, Catwoamn and possibly Captain Marvel who was also a member of Luthor's faction, albeit brainwashed.

I don't mind Bane getting in but I do hope there are more than 24 characters.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
The way i see it, people should stop complaining about 'batman' characters.

LBSH 1. Batman makes the majority of DC's money

2.NRS wanted characters in injustice that had alot of prevalence in Justice League history.

3. Bane, of all people, shouldnt be a character that someone complains about or should be DLC considering there is a justice league movie where bane is one of the main villains which ironically is the film that will be attached with the injustice pre order.

Cant be knocking just because the batman universe has a vast array of characters/villains that have made their imprints on DC history. Btw i know this looks incredibly biased considering my avatar but i feel my opinion has its justification.
Most of the Batman characters in this game are pretty lame. Joker, Harleyquin, Nightwing, Catwoman. Who's next? Penguin? Riddler? Or maybe the Boy wonder? smh

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I love how some people say nobody saw Bane coming... Really? You didn't see the main antagonist of the most recent Batman movie as a character in a DC comics fighting game coming? Alrighty then. Bane or Harley... decisions decisions.

No I didn't since it's OVER and has nothing to do with anything: the movie isn't "coming out" so doesn't need the push (where's Zod?); the Bane of this will be almost nothing like the Bane of the movie more than likely so why would anyone pay 60 bucks for a character that'll be nothing like what they expect; Talia was a huge part of the movie, where's she?

Just being part of a recent or future movie/tv show does not automatically get you in the game.

Edit:
Like no one saw bane being included in this game, for those who keep bitching there are too many batman characters, you can probably bet money on the rest of the reveals being nonbatman from here on out, just a hunch > sinestro, cp. marvel, cp. cold, black canary...who knows maybe hong kong phooey if we're lucky.
No, I didn't. Just because there may be "no more Batman reveals" doesn't mean we still can't complain that a 22-26 character roster has 7 Batman Universe representatives. Basically half the reveals so far have been Batman so yeah, there's a reason to complain knowing that a spot that could go to someone else is being taken by Harley Quinn or Bane.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Guys better get used to batman characters. Like it or lump it, Batman characters are the most popular in DC.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Guys better get used to batman characters. Like it or lump it, Batman characters are the most popular in DC.

Sure, put in 4 (Batman, Nightwing, Joker, Ivy) and use the rest of the roster to showcase others. Don't have a third of the roster dedicated to Batman.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
I don't considerate it a dedication to Batman. They're not picking these characters because they're from Batman; they're picking them because they're awesome characters that just so happen to be from Batman comics. I would rather half the cast be characters from Batman if each of those characters is awesome; than have them stretching to put in an even number of characters from different places and end up with a bunch of @ss characters. In the end even if it meant adding another Batman character, I'd rather see Mr. Freeze than Captain Cold.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Maaaan the title says it all. God's among us. I mean really? I can see it with Superman, Flash, Lantern and even Grundy. But lbsh Luthor, Joker, Harleyquin, Nightwing even Batman... The list can go on. It is a bit of a letdown. I mean anybody could take a gun and end their "Divine Existence". Give me some damn Etrigan and MF Doomsday!!!! Unleash Darkseid, Black Adam and mfing Doomsday already!!!

Bane's character trait button is connected to the usage of venom, and when Bane uses venom he is granted the following:

Superhuman strength
Enhanced reflexes
Enhanced speed
Superhuman Durability
Superhuman Stamina
Accelerating healing

I can't see Bane getting accelerating healing since that's Cyborg's character trait. I could see superhuman stamina in a fighting game as shaving off recovery frames but since roman cancels are in game I don't see him getting that either. Superhuman strength grants a damage boost. Superhuman reflexes gives him access to parry moves. Enhanced speed grants him command dashes into grappling moves and running strikes (high knee, running clothesline, etc). Lastly, superhuman durability adds or increases armor on moves.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I don't considerate it a dedication to Batman. They're not picking these characters because they're from Batman; they're picking them because they're awesome characters that just so happen to be from Batman comics. I would rather half the cast be characters from Batman if each of those characters is awesome; than have them stretching to put in an even number of characters from different places and end up with a bunch of @ss characters. In the end even if it meant adding another Batman character, I'd rather see Mr. Freeze than Captain Cold.

"Awesome" is subjective. I don't find Bane or Catwoman "awesome". I find Zod, Sinestro, Big Barda, Zatanna, Raven, Livewire, Black Adam, Grodd, and many others "awesome". Hell, I love Zod, Powergirl, Supergirl and Superboy (not prime, fuck him) but I would never want all of them in. I love Lex, Braniac, Metallo, Doomsday, and Toyman but I would never want all of them in. Other series have fantastic villains, sidekicks and heroes that should make it over the third incarnation of Superman.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
"Awesome" is subjective. I don't find Bane or Catwoman "awesome". I find Zod, Sinestro, Big Barda, Zatanna, Raven, Livewire, Black Adam, Grodd, and many others "awesome". Hell, I love Zod, Powergirl, Supergirl and Superboy (not prime, fuck him) but I would never want all of them in. I love Lex, Braniac, Metallo, Doomsday, and Toyman but I would never want all of them in. Other series have fantastic villains, sidekicks and heroes that should make it over the third incarnation of Superman.
I agree. "awesome" is definitely subjective. That is exactly my point; the characters that most people like the most come from Batman. You're right; it is definitely a matter of opinion. All I'm saying is that in my opinion, the opinions of the overwhelming majority favors Batman characters so naturally those are the characters that they are going to include in a game that they are trying to sell to the overwhelming majority.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I agree. "awesome" is definitely subjective. That is exactly my point; the characters that most people like the most come from Batman. You're right; it is definitely a matter of opinion. All I'm saying is that in my opinion, the opinions of the overwhelming majority favors Batman characters so naturally those are the characters that they are going to include in a game that they are trying to sell to the overwhelming majority.

My point being with these characters already being super popular they don't need to dominate the roster. Pick 3 or 4 fan favorite Batman characters (two heroes, two villains), give those extra 3 or 4 spots to other people and make more Bat characters later in DLC. People will buy this game for Batman, Nightwing and Joker; How many more people are gonna buy just for Quinn, Bane or Catwoman?

shig

kool guy
Lex looks SO much like Bruce Willis, holy shit. I look at his picture and I can practically HEAR "yippee ki ay motherfucker"