What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
So d1, bf3 = block infinite? if it hits you can hit confirm into bf3 MB and go to vortex from there...

Celerity

Lab Monster
So d1, bf3 = block infinite? if it hits you can hit confirm into bf3 MB and go to vortex from there...
Why would it be an infinite? D1 xx BF3 isn't even a tight string, they can mash out of it.

Only if you mess up your inputs.

SOLUTION TO ALL INJUSTICE INPUT ISSUES:
1. Turn off your release check.
2. Input your full string without rushing or trying to visually confirm.

There is no excuse to be dropping any inputs if you follow these two rules.
Actually, there are a lot of weird input problems with this game,and Batgirl herself does have some execution quirks. i.e. You can do a raw B2 U3 and input the U3 as fast as you want, but in certain combos, you have to delay the U3 somewhat or it won't come out, and there's no good reason for it. Everything can be learned in time, of course, but this game does have pretty poor controls, and just saying "adapt to them" isn't really a proper defense.

seems like you are trying the bf3 bit too fast. it takes time to get used to the combos in this game
Perhaps so, but theres no arguing that it shouldn't be so difficult/specific to execute such a basic combo. Yes, I know how that last sentence sounded. But hear me out. The difficulty seems to arise not from poor player execution (which I do have, trust me) but rather from the awkward controls/obvious button lag. I'd rather be able to execute the combo by pressing exactly whats on the command list, not by finding some work-around.

Example: Lets say you're playing Wonder Woman and want to execute the following "easy" combo in Sword and Shield stance:

j2 22xx MB BF2

The ONLY way I can get this to work is by jumping and then mashing j.2 exactly four times while in the air. I then watch as WW delivers the two ground hits without me touching the controller, and only THEN to I input the BF3. This is the only way I can get this to work. To me its BS, the game works against you.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Now that the infinite is patched, mb bola seems useless to me. Is anyone using this mb?
You can dash full-screen no matter what and hit with at least 111 into whatever. The only time it's been worth it for me is if I get knocked down in zoning while the opponent gets hit, then I can dash and MB to salvage the combo.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Now that the infinite is patched, mb bola seems useless to me. Is anyone using this mb?
You can dash full-screen no matter what and hit with at least 111 into whatever. The only time it's been worth it for me is if I get knocked down in zoning while the opponent gets hit, then I can dash and MB to salvage the combo.
Yeah but you have to be reeeeeaallly far away for it to make sense. At most distances you can use dash, J2, 1 1 1 or dash, dash, 1 1 1 to pick up the vortex. In a combo you're better off doing a ground string into MB Flying Bat or Redemption. So it's basically only useful if you hit them with a raw, zoomed full screen bola.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Yeah but you have to be reeeeeaallly far away for it to make sense. At most distances you can use dash, J2, 1 1 1 or dash, dash, 1 1 1 to pick up the vortex. In a combo you're better off doing a ground string into MB Flying Bat or Redemption. So it's basically only useful if you hit them with a raw, zoomed full screen bola.
Depends on how you're knocked down.

Well found meter burning the bola is actually good for when you trade full screen and they get caugt in the bola and you get knocked down as its the only thing you have time for
Ex: trade with meter burn green lantern rocket full screen

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Man, for all the minor bitching the forums have been giving against Batgirl, I think she's one of the hardest characters to play solid and win with. Granted, I still do A LOT of dumb stuff with her like using J2 as my jump-in against d+1 mashers (which would be blown up by J3 > b+2 into combo), playing like it's Tekken with my opponent when we get into close range, getting mashed out after blocked BF3 > f+2, and trying to AA with her d+2 which I've come to think is not viable against a large portion of the cast.

Just wish I wasn't getting blown up by opponents who fall to my Wonder Woman like twigs. Pretty discouraging, that ...

Primiera Do you find it hard to get in or stay in? I havent played my batgirl against anyone yet, I usually take time to learn all the tech and everything before trying it out in matches so Im curious as to what her main issues are right now.

Have you tried conditioning them with Flying Bat after Redemption? In training mode, while Redemption, 111 is a frame trap it is hella hard to time and they can always duck it but Flying Bat is more lenient but unsafe. Maybe start by throwing out the 111 after Redemption and when they get poke happy use Redemption.

Villest1

Noob
Quick question: is anyone else having trouble Meter Burning the regular Smoke Bomb (dd3) online? No lie it comes out like once every 20 attempts and I mash the shit out of the MB button... :(

Batgirls Flying Bat special attack will pass through Sinestro and Superman on block if you are close enough and I dont think it can be done off any normals.

So after two days of using her in the lab and God-knows-how-long of soulsearching, I think I've decided on a main... and it's BATGIRL... what the fuck. Scarlett MorbidAltruism Shadowknight1 I hate you all.
Muahahahaha! She is terrifically fun to play as. Though I'm sure I'd get my butt handed to me online. Cause I always do. :p Guess Im lucky that I find almost all the characters pretty fun to play as. Lobo's kinda meh though.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Primiera Do you find it hard to get in or stay in? I havent played my batgirl against anyone yet, I usually take time to learn all the tech and everything before trying it out in matches so Im curious as to what her main issues are right now.

Have you tried conditioning them with Flying Bat after Redemption? In training mode, while Redemption, 111 is a frame trap it is hella hard to time and they can always duck it but Flying Bat is more lenient but unsafe. Maybe start by throwing out the 111 after Redemption and when they get poke happy use Redemption.
Not too hard to get in, she has a great dash into throw or f+21 or 21, b+1 is pretty awesome in footsies IMO, okay jump-ins, and of course her teleport. Making the opponent come to her is relatively legit too, though I'm not fond of her d+2 if they get in jump range. Staying in, however, is rough for me right now - her pressure is kind of 1-and-done in that all her realistic high/lows into combos are negative on block (thus I have to evade afterwards, or block a mix-up), and if the opponent blocks BF3 she's basically at neutral since it's more-or-less impossible to whack the opponent out of buttons unless you use massively unsafe DF2, and it will probably whiff at that range if they don't press buttons.

Basically I'm unfriendly with her constant holes in pressure if you go into BF3 (only 21 xx BF3 is an applicable frame trap) and negative frame advantage on block, but I'm still learning her. I'm thinking BF3 on block > MB f+3 might be a prime way in, though that'll lose to chains and d+1 xx special. Gotta use 21 xx BF3 more, it's honestly her best string if you can land the 2. I'm thinking neutral J2 buffered DD3 might be her best AA, it's pretty strong and very fast. And honestly, at this point, I'm not landing all my combos by a long shot in real matches, so there's always that to improve on.

Ya I actually played a handful of games today and realized Batgirl is not very online friendly, all the training mode combos that are easy are literally almost impossible at the moment. I tried pressuring with the 212 string but honestly every person just kept mashing and mashing and mashing, eventually I just started always doing 212~Flying Bat and that was rarely ever blocked, I think this has to do with the mindset of current players online though instead of reads. In theory you should be able to chip 5%-7% everytime you get in if you dont go for the OH/Low and instead focus on pressuring them to make a mistake. As for smoke bomb I think the only way to be successful with it is to buffer it like you said, I do that around jump or just outside its range and if I see them jump it almost always gets em.