What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
IKR! wtf mods modding my post. come on TYM, we're not children here... >_<
With some of the posters on TYM, I wonder...

I wouldn't call b2d3 a mixup so much as a gimmick that'll catch ignorant players off guard. Good players will just block the overhead then reaction block the low every time.

Celerity

Lab Monster
I use it more as a way to open people up who block b2u3 or b12 consistently. The high to low mixup is reward in itself if the match isn't going in your favor. It isn't a string that I go to all of the time, but it does have its uses. I think that totally ignoring a string because you have to meter burn it to get the vortex is an unfair way to view it. If anything it keeps them guessing and you don't HAVE to end it with a vortex. Just continue the combo just to get some more damage out of it.
But the thing is, it's not a mixup and it doesn't keep them guessing. All they have to do is block low after B2 every time.

I did figure out one interesting possibility, though: you could switch between canceling into BF3 and DB3. BF3 is +1 on block, and DB3~3 will punish them if they try to mash out with a fast string. The only problem is it's pretty high-risk/low-reward, but maybe it has some uses for mind games.

But the thing is, it's not a mixup and it doesn't keep them guessing. All they have to do is block low after B2 every time.

I did figure out one interesting possibility, though: you could switch between canceling into BF3 and DB3. BF3 is +1 on block, and DB3~3 will punish them if they try to mash out with a fast string. The only problem is it's pretty high-risk/low-reward, but maybe it has some uses for mind games.
I think it should be tested in the Lab. It feels to me like a usable option against some characters but not others. Her Divekick is actually quite safe against a lot of the cast. Still at a disadvantage, but when I tested it there were some characters that could rarely ever punish it with anything of note.

Celerity

Lab Monster
I think it should be tested in the Lab. It feels to me like a usable option against some characters but not others. Her Divekick is actually quite safe against a lot of the cast. Still at a disadvantage, but when I tested it there were some characters that could rarely ever punish it with anything of note.
Well, you don't need to cancel into divekick unless you see them pressing buttons. You can just let the DB3 finish. Wrecks your positioning though.

I was using the term mixup loosely, but good point. Idk I just think being able to cancel into bf3 still leaves u at plus so I throw the string out once in a while. I tend to use the 21 bf3 more often since its a pretty drcent frametrap. She's still very new so working out the kinks is vital. Thanks for giving me a different way to think about it.

I will say this...why did they bother with the claws? They could've just made the stun-knuckles her trait without them. I don't mind them, but it just seems odd. Batgirl doesn't really have any moves that require them, so they could have just had her with fists.

Also, I'm kinda curious as to WHICH Babs we're playing as. Is this Earth "Prime" Barbara recovered from her injuries and back in the cowl ala. New 52? Or is it meant to be Earth V Barbara? I don't count the ending as evidence towards the latter because Nightwing's ending is Damian Wayne even if you play through as Dick.

Ive played against someone who poked out of EVERY b2d3~Redemption so although it is technically safe it can be interrupted easily by higher level players. Here are some options I go to if I dont go for the b2u3. I usually always test out if they can block/poke b2d3~Redemption once, twice max, then..
b2, pause b2d3
b2, throw
b2~Redemption
b2, 21

After a vortex there really is only few options. Go for OH/Low Vortex starter, maybe a throw or 21 which is +2 and from there you can go into various frame trap or setups. Also, just a heads up you can back dash lots of pokes or non advancing attacks after a b12 which is pretty neat.

Character Trait is worthless there is no reason to switch you only get 1% damage increase or chip increase. Other than that the character requires alot of attention unlike those it so easy a caveman can do it characters.

I rarely do a raw b2d3...maybe 2x the whole match. Mainly do it inside her vortex and follow up with j2, redemption into combo or vortex reset, or throw, and plain ole D3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
Character Trait is worthless there is no reason to switch you only get 1% damage increase or chip increase. Other than that the character requires alot of attention unlike those it so easy a caveman can do it characters.
switching to electric fists is the optimal way to go. There isnt that much of a damage loss on hit but the chip damage on block is well worth it. As of right now, there is no reason to stay with blades.

We should definitely put together a spacing and footsie guide for her. Right now I hover around b1/Redemption range and continuously buffer Flying Bat in case they jump, one guy thought I was teabagging him but honestly I was just buffering my move lol. At full screen I almost exclusively jump in to b1/Redemption range while buffering smoke bomb. I think using bola cancels to get in is the next thing I want to work on. I mean the startup is so obvious Im sure itll bait jump ins which you can dash cancel. Once they start trying to blow up your dash cancel just throw it at them, itll either hit or theyll block which allows you a jump in. Once they start reading that option you neutral jump and buffer smoke bomb to see if they aa, or you can be really tricky and risky and do the jump in but smoke bomb in the hopes they try to AA you.

Another little trick which Im sure everyone is aware of is buffering smoke bomb anytime you go for an air to air jump attack, if you win you get a free combo or 14%

Squizz

Corps Speedster
I respect the Babs, real good character. Anyone else just kinda cringe at the way she walks?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Enjoy your character until the nerfbat comes a-swinging, because it will. Babs is going to whacked so hard she'll be wheelchair bound again.

PS I can't wait.

Her good combos 40-45% mid-screen are way too strict for timing its really irritating especially in online ranked matches and the lag only makes it worse also is anyone else having fight stick input issues with this character? Her B2 D3 doesn't register correctly for me.

Her good combos 40-45% mid-screen are way too strict for timing its really irritating especially in online ranked matches and the lag only makes it worse also is anyone else having fight stick input issues with this character? Her B2 D3 doesn't register correctly for me.

Had similar issue for a while, I just press 3 and hold down I see her leg come out.

Yeah playing her online is really tough. Timing punishes in tight windows and doing some of her Vortex setup combos feel impossible.

I have noticed though as my execution has gotten better with her that I have had more success executing online. But my main problem is I am playing not right to win online which is stupid and sets up bad habits for the real game (live).

Celerity

Lab Monster
Whatever you do, don't change your combos for online. That shit messes with your head.

Personally, I've found most of Batgirl's combos to be pretty easy online, but I guess that's because I'm used to Black Adam. You just have to pay extra attention during her corner juggles to adjust if they get too low. For midscreen, you don't really need any fancy combos besides launch > bola > vortex.

The most annoying things online, as mentioned, is how strict it seems the timing is for punishes, anti-airs, and poking out of pressure. Batgirl doesn't have a big move that she can just spam when she's in trouble. Also, I like to use hard knockdowns and meaty B1/B2 a lot, and those are pretty hard to hit correctly online too, especially when you're going for MB option selects.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Hello Batgirl players. I've been rolling Bane since release. I've had a hard time choosing someone else, but feel i've found them. In fact It's fair to say i'm playing more of her now. She seems to fill in for the bigs guys hardest MU's really well and can prob play just about anyone pretty well. Plus I'm a fan of her anti-keep away game.

The one thing I'm curious on is what do you guys think is her viability not even using the D2~bola's in combos? I have a really hard time pulling it off in matchs but feel she can do quite well without it. What's your guys take since i'm newer with her?

Hello Batgirl players. I've been rolling Bane since release. I've had a hard time choosing someone else, but feel i've found them. In fact It's fair to say i'm playing more of her now. She seems to fill in for the bigs guys hardest MU's really well and can prob play just about anyone pretty well. Plus I'm a fan of her anti-keep away game.

The one thing I'm curious on is what do you guys think is her viability not even using the D2~bola's in combos? I have a really hard time pulling it off in matchs but feel she can do quite well without it. What's your guys take since i'm newer with her?
get used to d2 bolo...think of it as one complete special instead of a normal followed by a special.... d2bf1 instead of d2, bf1.... that helped me a lot

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
get used to d2 bolo...think of it as one complete special instead of a normal followed by a special.... d2bf1 instead of d2, bf1.... that helped me a lot
I do try to do it like that but half the time Batwheel or Flying Bat come out. Prob just a matter of practice.

I'm starting to see where this will be mandatory the more I play her. It's not as needed IMO if they want to go toe to toe because I feel like I can duke it out ok. The problem is that everyone I got matched with today wanted to turtle, someone should've given them a chair it was so bad. I don't know if it's because so many people use smoke bomb and they wanted to bait it or bad luck. If I could pull it off when I did get them I'm sure I could've netted more overall damage than what I was getting.

Celerity

Lab Monster
I do try to do it like that but half the time Batwheel or Flying Bat come out. Prob just a matter of practice.
Make sure you turn release check off. The game still has some negative edge even with the option disabled, though. Don't worry, it's not just you, I get random batwheels too. Just slow down a little bit, it doesn't have to be as fast as your hands think it does.

I'm starting to see where this will be mandatory the more I play her. It's not as needed IMO if they want to go toe to toe because I feel like I can duke it out ok. The problem is that everyone I got matched with today wanted to turtle, someone should've given them a chair it was so bad. I don't know if it's because so many people use smoke bomb and they wanted to bait it or bad luck. If I could pull it off when I did get them I'm sure I could've netted more overall damage than what I was getting.
if you are on psn hit me up (KILLA_xFriction) we'll go into practice mode and work it out