What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Eddyward

Noob
Quick question: is anyone else having trouble Meter Burning the regular Smoke Bomb (dd3) online? No lie it comes out like once every 20 attempts and I mash the shit out of the MB button... :(
omg yes. I don't have any trouble meter burning it if I just threw it out randomly, but I have insane trouble doing it during combos. I don't know why.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Quick question: is anyone else having trouble Meter Burning the regular Smoke Bomb (dd3) online? No lie it comes out like once every 20 attempts and I mash the shit out of the MB button... :(

no, you must be pressing buttons after the DD3. Dont mash and just press the MB button.

Why can't we put the word ass in the title? The one word that is NOT censored on TV, is censored on a fucking MK forum. Son of a bitch.
IKR! wtf mods modding my post. come on TYM, we're not children here... >_<

Why can't we put the word ass in the title? The one word that is NOT censored on TV, is censored on a fucking MK forum. Son of a bitch.
I know right? Hell, not even all of George Carlin's 7* Words You Can't Say on Television are banned from TV any more.

*Three words were added, bringing the list up to 10.

I know right? Hell, not even all of George Carlin's 7* Words You Can't Say on Television are banned from TV any more.

*Three words were added, bringing the list up to 10.

I'm getting so much rage with Batgirl. Online scrubs are completely incapable of dealing with such a super-punishable teleport. I'm in hog heaven

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
My internet is down at the moment (I'm at a public library right now), can't wait to use the vortex/teleport on some scrubs, especially the Deathstroke players... 'sgonna be gooooood.

Villest1

Noob
no, you must be pressing buttons after the DD3. Dont mash and just press the MB button.

IKR! wtf mods modding my post. come on TYM, we're not children here... >_<

The only reason I'm mashing it is because it NEVER works otherwise. I've tried timing it, mashing it, holding it. Still nothing. Things that work on EVERY other MB special in the game just doesn't work on dd3 for me for whatever reason.

Is there a benefit to using claw stance? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it has the same range from what I've seen. It seems to only give 0-2% damage increase in combos. On the other hand electric knuckles give 10 times the chip damage. Thank you ahead of time.

IMO, put the knuckles on ASAP. I got into the habit because people are starting to catch on to her mixup game and blocking correctly. Although my damage during her BnB's go down by a 1-5%, even if they block correctly they're eating some damage for free. I think I read a post where 10 blocked D1's are like 8%. Not exactly sure, but it's enough to where I want them on when I'm safe to do it.

Sailorblade

Mains mostly hotties
She's definitely a pain in the butt. Seriously when I'm using her people are so scared to throw out projectiles just because you can poof and leave them hanging like they committed suicide at anytime lol.

Celerity

Lab Monster
IMO, put the knuckles on ASAP. I got into the habit because people are starting to catch on to her mixup game and blocking correctly. Although my damage during her BnB's go down by a 1-5%, even if they block correctly they're eating some damage for free. I think I read a post where 10 blocked D1's are like 8%. Not exactly sure, but it's enough to where I want them on when I'm safe to do it.
Well, figure the electric knuckles are going to cost you ~10-12% combo damage over the course of a game. That's about 20 punches worth of chip damage. I'm not really sure which one is better, but it does bother me that they gave us a trait with such small upside either way.

Well, figure the electric knuckles are going to cost you ~10-12% combo damage over the course of a game. That's about 20 punches worth of chip damage. I'm not really sure which one is better, but it does bother me that they gave us a trait with such small upside either way.
I see your point and it's just my strategy with a very new character. As the game evolves we might just say to hell with chip damage because it's useless. Come to think of it, I find myself worrying too much about getting them on. However, my recent matches haven't given me a reason not to do it. Maybe there is some hidden tech that someone will expose on it but it's doubtful.

For the first few seconds of a match I walk backwards and get ready to hit my opponent with a Flying Bat if they jump in, if not and they walk backwards as well I activate my power knuckles. It takes 10 hits to reach 0.7% without the knuckles, if you have knuckles on you wouldve done 6.7% in those 10 hits as each punch does 0.67% when power knuckles are on. Although I cant say they are "the most uber thing ever" I have won a handful of matches by chipping my opponent out whereas youll hardly EVER chip someone out hitting them with 0.07%. Using her frame traps like you should be able to get 3.35% if not more depending on how good you are at conditioning your opponent.

For the first few seconds of a match I walk backwards and get ready to hit my opponent with a Flying Bat if they jump in, if not and they walk backwards as well I activate my power knuckles. It takes 10 hits to reach 0.7% without the knuckles, if you have knuckles on you wouldve done 6.7% in those 10 hits as each punch does 0.67% when power knuckles are on. Although I cant say they are "the most uber thing ever" I have won a handful of matches by chipping my opponent out whereas youll hardly EVER chip someone out hitting them with 0.07%. Using her frame traps like you should be able to get 3.35% if not more depending on how good you are at conditioning your opponent.
I agree that chances are you are better off using the knuckles. Especially using the bolo loop set up. They'll block more than 20 fist hits. Also, what combos give you 5% more in claw stance.

An idea against body splash jumping attacks ie Bane and Doomsday is you can d3 and itll make them whiff. Only spent about a minute on this but seems pretty consistent.

D3? Sounds interesante.

I wish they made the trait something you could use to extend combos/fakeouts and stuff. Like a guilty gear roll cancel
I would have loved it. They could have just made the cooldowb time really long so it wasn't overpowered, and keep the weapon swotch mechanic and it would be actually useful and interesting.

Now its just a use it once thing and never press it again.

Yeah D3 has worked a handful of times for me, but like anything else you just have to time it right. This could just be a poor execution issue but is anyone else getting a db33 or teleport during the b2d3 bf3 string? I randomly get those hella unsafe moves unintentionally.

Yeah D3 has worked a handful of times for me, but like anything else you just have to time it right. This could just be a poor execution issue but is anyone else getting a db33 or teleport during the b2d3 bf3 string? I randomly get those hella unsafe moves unintentionally.

That used to happen to me. What I do to avoid this is hold down while pressing 3 and immediately go neutral to BF3 as soon as I see her leg stick out for the hit.

Celerity

Lab Monster
I'm not sure if there is a valid use for B2D3 besides beating people who don't know Batgirl's strings. It has less reward on hit than B2U3 since it costs meter to go into the vortex, and it's theoretically less safe on block since it leaves you within 6F jab range. There's nothing you can cancel it into without being punished. It seems like just a gimmick.

I'm not sure if there is a valid use for B2D3 besides beating people who don't know Batgirl's strings. It has less reward on hit than B2U3 since it costs meter to go into the vortex, and it's theoretically less safe on block since it leaves you within 6F jab range. There's nothing you can cancel it into without being punished. It seems like just a gimmick.
I use it more as a way to open people up who block b2u3 or b12 consistently. The high to low mixup is reward in itself if the match isn't going in your favor. It isn't a string that I go to all of the time, but it does have its uses. I think that totally ignoring a string because you have to meter burn it to get the vortex is an unfair way to view it. If anything it keeps them guessing and you don't HAVE to end it with a vortex. Just continue the combo just to get some more damage out of it.

It is worth throwing it out there here and there, especially if you feel your opponent is not respecting the possibility of a low after the overhead. I don't use it much because what you are saying is pretty much spot on.