What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

AYSAMO

Noob
Has anyone noticed something fishy with her inputs?

Example: I press 1, and she punches. If I press db directly after she will throw her Batarang, which she shouldn't. I should have to press 1, db1.

It messes up the whole entire combo if I'm trying to do a 111, db2, and instead it gives me a 111, db1.
That's the way inputs work in this game. turning release check off helps a bit, but it's still pretty awful. You just have to get your execution down flawlessly.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
That's the way inputs work in this game. turning release check off helps a bit, but it's still pretty awful. You just have to get your execution down flawlessly.
Wow, I had no idea until I went into training mode and checked with Catwoman.

This is really bad.

AYSAMO

Noob
Wow, I had no idea until I went into training mode and checked with Catwoman.

This is really bad.
I came from 2 years of playing Mortal Kombat so this is nothing new to me lol. Since there's no input bug this time, you can deal with it by getting really tight execution.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
I came from 2 years of playing Mortal Kombat so this is nothing new to me lol. Since there's no input bug this time, you can deal with it by getting really tight execution.
I guess I must have been blind when I was playing Mortal Kombat haha.

But I did take your suggestion and turn off release check and it's much more easy to deal with.

Thanks to you and Wasted

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Batgirl is finally forcing me to switch to Alternate Controls - she has got to be the most unforgiving character in the game when it comes to the stupid shortcuts (D + DB = D + B motion, etc). Never again will I try to DD3 and get DB3 MB ... ! Or juggle J3 > DF2 instead of d+2!

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Batgirl is finally forcing me to switch to Alternate Controls - she has got to be the most unforgiving character in the game when it comes to the stupid shortcuts (D + DB = D + B motion, etc). Never again will I try to DD3 and get DB3 MB ... ! Or juggle J3 > DF2 instead of d+2!
Ya, same shit keeps happening to me. like in da middle of a combo i want to do her evade DB3 and the move comes out at DD3 instead. like WTF! -_-

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i cant get the timing for b1 2 d2 bola, the bola never registers i guess :confused: i can only do it when theyre already on the floor :(

UlquiorraSchiffr

I kept losing so I switched to Batco.
Alternate controls are the best way to go in general IMO.

i cant get the timing for b1 2 d2 bola, the bola never registers i guess :confused: i can only do it when theyre already on the floor :(

Try right after getting connection with d2 or just a few short seconds after. Seems to work out for me at least.​

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Playing with Frama Data, I think I may have found something.

After F21, you are at +60. I need to test against a real player, but this looks like enough for a safe J2 into 111+vortex.

Also...after 2,1 on hit, you can combo into Smoke bomb and go into reset or vortex shenanigans.

This is all from training mode, so take it with a grain of salt.

Has anyone noticed something fishy with her inputs?

Example: I press 1, and she punches. If I press db directly after she will throw her Batarang, which she shouldn't. I should have to press 1, db1.

It messes up the whole entire combo if I'm trying to do a 111, db2, and instead it gives me a 111, db1.
Yeah I have been having major issues getting her combos to work. Some of the things that have come out make my jaw drop when looking at the inputs as registered in training.

Don't get me wrong, we are all playing on the same field, but the controls in this game are freaking terrible, and Batgirl took me way longer to lock down her execution than she should have because I had to make so many adjustments not to have random Divekicks or unsafe stuff come out.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Playing with Frama Data, I think I may have found something.

After F21, you are at +60. I need to test against a real player, but this looks like enough for a safe J2 into 111+vortex.

Also...after 2,1 on hit, you can combo into Smoke bomb and go into reset or vortex shenanigans.

This is all from training mode, so take it with a grain of salt.
In-game data, and from what it looks, says f+21 is +20 on hit.

Wasted

Noob
There is no issue with Batgirl's commands.

Your execution needs improvement. The rest of us aren't having these problems. If you're getting DB3 when you're doing DD3, clearly you're bumping D/B somewhere.

Alternate controls aren't going to change anything for you.

Wasted

Noob
Only if you mess up your inputs.

SOLUTION TO ALL INJUSTICE INPUT ISSUES:
1. Turn off your release check.
2. Input your full string without rushing or trying to visually confirm.

There is no excuse to be dropping any inputs if you follow these two rules.

There is no issue with Batgirl's commands.

Your execution needs improvement. The rest of us aren't having these problems. If you're getting DB3 when you're doing DD3, clearly you're bumping D/B somewhere.

Alternate controls aren't going to change anything for you.
I'm a pad player having similar issues. When I try to execute 111 xx BF3 I get a BF1 instead of a BF3, which doesn't combo about 90% of the time. This is with me inputting everything correctly, pressing x exactly three times and B exactly once.

Backfire

Noob
I'm a pad player having similar issues. When I try to execute 111 xx BF3 I get a BF1 instead of a BF3, which doesn't combo about 90% of the time. This is with me inputting everything correctly, pressing x exactly three times and B exactly once.
seems like you are trying the bf3 bit too fast. it takes time to get used to the combos in this game