What's new

Feeling a little ripped off.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Its funny to see the girls get their panties in a bunch about batgirl trolling. Its not her fault she is so weak of character that she has to meter burn her baterang to get her to throw it half screen, orher super being normal full screen projectile.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
They also have to make sales.. And lets be honest, when it comes to 'fanservice' Batgirl probably has more fans than most of the 0ther characters you'd name. It just seems like people are only looking at things from one perspective. Batgirl won't play like a Batman clone, nor will anyone else play like a Superman clone.

People need to grow up and at least wait and see what a character has to offer before they go bashing it. And also remember that it costs a lot of money to make a character, and while it's great for the 5 fans of character X to want NRS to produce a character than only 5 people will buy, it doesn't really make much financial sense.

For every hardcore person that's saying "why is Batgirl in the character pack?" there are 3 more people that'd be saying "Who the F is [obscure character here]? What a waste of money" if it was a random instead.
Alot of the people that dont like her don't give a damn/fuck about how she might play or what she has to offer. They just don't like her period. For example, I don't like mk scorpion at all. But I'm curious to see how he will play in injustice.

astronout

see you at the top.
I posted this in regards to the short notice that Injustice will be run on Xbox in another thread.

This is extremely short notice to announce what will undoubtedly and inevitably hamper and inconvenience many of those that will and would have competed. The large majority of the MK community, which makes up the large majority of the Injustice community, has long adapted the PS3 tournament standard. It was discovered that MK also ran better on the Xbox, however, to convenience those who would not be able to afford to switch, we stayed with the PS3. This is not to say that Xbox should not be the tournament standard for Injustice in the near future, rather, I am insisting that to announce such a drastic shift only a couple of weeks out from a large major is both irresponsible and inconsiderate of those who may have registered under normal pretenses. Announcing this shift only 24 hours before pre-registration ends? Outrageous. Lets hope that future tournament and tournament organizers are more responsible with passing on such important information.
Also, a poll reflecting the opinions of those that will actually compete at ECT would be much more persuasive in trying to legitimize what appears to be an obvious oversight.

Shock's reply

The problem is, the decision has to be made at some point. Remember, the game hasn't even been out a month yet. The next excuse would be "PS3 was good enough such and such Major, why change it now?"

There would have been some kind of complaint even if it was on 360 out of the gate, before the game was released. There's definitely no oversight, the game is better on 360. I'd rather have players complain about the switch two weeks before a major than forever and always bitching about not winning or placing top 8, or making it out of pools due to the poor version of the game all these tournaments play on.

For the record, MK9 was known from day 1 (and before when we tested MK9), that the 360 version was better, but the poor performance for that game is avoidable to some degree. What we are facing right now is bad, VERY bad. It's actually more responsible to identify these issues now, instead of waiting until after the tournament, like people always do, and it's too late. It's irresponsible to release a game that doesn't perform right. This is why older console ports of games were so different back in the day.
I do understand that the decision has to be made at some point, but in regards to this tournament (ECT V), it is still extremely short notice to denounce the PS3 in favor of Xbox. There really is no debate here. Pre-registration ended yesterday; the announcement was made less than 24 hours prior. How could not possibly affect those who had registered before that date?

There absolutely would have been some complaints about the Xbox being deemed the tournament standard on day 1, however, in regards to upcoming tournaments, it would have made shifting process a non issue as competitors would have known what to expect instead of being blindsided like they are now.

NRS is not without blame here, I agree with you on that point.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I took him off of ignore real quick, only to see that NRS supposedly "scammed" him. Right back to ignore you go...
I think a PM would have been fine enough, but nooooooooooooooo, you HAD to post about it. Thanks for the info!
-_____________________-

Komatose

The Prettiest
I think a PM would have been fine enough, but nooooooooooooooo, you HAD to post about it. Thanks for the info!
-_____________________-
This is a thread... Why would I PM someone I dislike to tell him I do not like his post when I could do it here? That is what this is for.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
This is a thread... Why would I PM someone I dislike to tell him I do not like his post when I could do it here? That is what this is for.
You're right, that is why I post in the same thread ('cause I dislike your post), and it was a joke :(... but seriously it should be better if you argue about his point of view instead of just say "I will ignore you" 'cause obviously you're not ignoring him...:confused:.

I just want everyone on this site that complains about being ripped off about the season pass to know: I fucking hate all of you. You are all stupid assholes. The season pass is NOT a timed exclusive. If you bought it blindly that's your own god damn fault. You should have waited like any sensible person would have done, to see who you'd be getting. It's your own fault, stop blaming NRS for your own mistakes.

If you're a tournament player and you're complaining about being ripped off, I'm literally in shock that you even care. You play this game to be competitive and win, why does it matter what the identities of the 4 characters in the season pass are? No matter what, if you want to win, you MUST buy them so you can train with/against them and know how to fight them in tournament.

Nobody has been ripped off by anyone. If you're mad, you're just upset because you leaped before you looked, and are upset with the product of your hasty decision making. Stop crying about it on the forums, it makes no difference to anyone whatsoever and adds unnecessary clutter.

Komatose

The Prettiest
You're right, that is why I use the same thread to dislike your post, it was a joke :(... but seriously it should be better if you argue about his point of view instead of just say "I will ignore you" 'cause obviously you're not ignoring him...:confused:.
I am ignoring him. Would you like me to screen cap his ignored posts to show you? And I do not understand what you mean about using threads to dislike my posts? What? Lol

Anyway, there is no point in arguing with someone with a mindset like that. I rather say "This is why I've ignored you." and be done with it. And I am done with it. I've been done with it since that post was saved in the database, however... You got on my case, to say things I have no desire to care about...

Komatose

The Prettiest
I just want everyone on this site that complains about being ripped off about the season pass to know: I fucking hate all of you. You are all stupid assholes. The season pass is NOT a timed exclusive. If you bought it blindly that's your own god damn fault. You should have waited like any sensible person would have done, to see who you'd be getting. It's your own fault, stop blaming NRS for your own mistakes.

If you're a tournament player and you're complaining about being ripped off, I'm literally in shock that you even care. You play this game to be competitive and win, why does it matter what the identities of the 4 characters in the season pass are? No matter what, if you want to win, you MUST buy them so you can train with/against them and know how to fight them in tournament.

Nobody has been ripped off by anyone. If you're mad, you're just upset because you leaped before you looked, and are upset with the product of your hasty decision making. Stop crying about it on the forums, it makes no difference to anyone whatsoever and adds unnecessary clutter.
QFT. Everyone read this and shut up. Thank you.

You people realize that keep saying "sales is only what they care for", realize the gaming market is really competitive, sales matter, so publishers can hire them again for more IPs, you think games are made for free?

Sales are a priority because if people like me didn't exist who buy the content and purchase the full game, than you whiners wouldn't have games being made that you can cry about like brats and studios would close down and be hit with layoffs and than all you'd ever see is FPS games set in terrorist themes because that's all that people buy. Ever wonder why studios shut down and get hit with layoffs after a game ships the day after?! Duh! I wonder why.

You ever wonder how great games like Bioshock made it into the market? Publisher decided to take a risk and surprisingly it was a hit, companies do not want to take risks. It costs millions to make a game too, on par with movies. I watched a very great interview with Ken Levine and he was asked if Bioshock would have ever been made possible if it was announced this year, and he said "No", Bioshock was a creation of risk and taking advantage of the fact that next gen was just starting off.

Games are tough to sell, get over it, and this is not me saying that they could of made better choices, yes, they could have, but there is nothing wrong with the DLC, they are all pretty unique, and fall in the semi-popular category beside probably Batgirl, and I am going to enjoy them.

Can't wait for PS4 and Xbox Infinite where all there is generic shooter games because people always bitch about anything good, and sales suffer than studios go under for taking a risk with something fresh.

There's a always an analyst and statistic people who when game studios pitch their idea, look at, and go something like "Oh so it's like Call of Duty with powers" that's their response when something such as Bioshock is pitched, and than studios go, yeah, sure, #Kappa instead of saying "No Bioshock is not like Call of Duty, it's a game about a collapsed Eutopia", just so they can get approved.

You have a right to be upset, but some of the tantrums are just silly.

Here's the interview with Ken Levine if anyone cares -- "We can kill the Industry with Cynicism"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sales. apparently you and WB and NRS care too much of it, but you and WB and NRS should know that maybe it will be better to listen to the fans, just look at the facebook page. And Batgirl is so popular that she was excluded from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City... you should be right.
Arkham City.. So lets ignore the fact that she's more popular than most of the non-batman DC chars that are being suggested and use the fact that The Riddler is more popular in a poll of Batman characters as an argument against her? That doesn't make much sense to me. You were talking about vs. more obscure characters from other universes -- you can't have it both ways.

'Fan service' doesn't just mean 'the group of fans that agree with me'.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Arkham City.. So lets ignore the fact that she's more popular than most of the non-batman DC chars that are being suggested and use the fact that Mr. Freeze is more popular in a poll of Batman characters as an argument against her? That doesn't make much sense to me. You were talking about vs. more obscure characters from other universes -- you can't have it both ways.
You know she is not what fans expected, but you will defend NRS to death so maybe other time...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You know she is not what fans expected, but you will defend NRS to death so maybe other time...
Who has the authority to speak for 'what fans expected'? That's my entire point.. You have a few hardcore pundits trying say that they knew what everyone wanted. Chances are that more people would actually rather pay for Batgirl than the characters they were suggesting.

So who can really say that they're speaking for the majority of the fans?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Well, wasn't Lobo not listed?
Yes but he already had a voice actor on the list. Now some people say they list the actors twice, and I think so too, but it could have been an easy slip up. Just like it was an easy slip up on their part to put that post up and then take it down hours after. Again, so far, it's been right. Both the list and the INI file. In order, too, at that.