What's new

Feeling a little ripped off.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I don't know if playing on 360 or PS3 really matters. I only have 360 and when I went to MK9 tournaments I had to play on PS3. I don't think I noticed any difference besides the xray lag, which didn't really affect me since Reptile doesn't have any xray combos or anything.

And I don't really like the DLC characters. Not a huge DC fan so maaybe my opinion sucks but I felt like some more famous characters should have gotten in.
YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!?

REYTHEGREAT

i hope this wont play on XBOX. ECT is only 2 weeks away and i already registered. if this decision to play on XBOX was to be made, it should of been at least months in advance. today is the first time im hearing this. plus this vote is not fair. a good amount of those came from NON tournament goers or even people that will attend ECT. lets just play on ps3. i dont got time to buy a converter.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Ect UFGT CEO are all Xbox

I just know if I want to go to tourneys have both converters

If rumors are true: lobo and ZOD are outstanding choices

Also a lot of tourney players only own a Xbox and they have to buy stuff for ps3 so it works both ways

I prefer Xbox but Idc either way
CEO injustice is not on xbox, Alex said so in a stream recently

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!?
Yeah I just lurk for the most part now lol. My brother bought Injustice so I've gotten to play it a bit but I'm pretty much garbage and don't think I'm gonna be able to put enough time into it to play at a high level. But I am having fun and the few matches I've watched from tournies have looked fun.

I bought it because I help TO in Philly, jersey, and ny. My system is always used, so I figured why not save $5. But now that they switched to 360 it's a total waste. I would have waited just like yourself if my system wasn't relied on all the time.
Right, but I'm talking more about content related more than the console. At the end of the day, your console is yours and you keep the content.

But, I kind of see it this way, you're paying 14.99 (or how much ever it was) for something you have no idea you bought. You know it's 4 DLC characters and skins, but no clue what or who they are.

It's like buying 4 shirts and 4 pairs of shoes for cheap, but not picking them out yourself and having no clue what to expect.

I only buy them if I know what exactly I'm buying.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
For every one of you there is someone that feels the opposite way. Aside from the fact that you are upset at the character DLC choices and happen to have already dropped money on a season pass (which you could have held off on), I don't see a single reason you've been ripped off.

People can argue all they want that ps3 hardware is superior, that is a fact. But from a developmental standpoint the tools given make it much easier to develop a game on xbox and then port it to ps3. This is possibly why games tend to have slow down issues on the ps3 which has been noticed in multiple fighting games. If xbox has been the growing tournament standard for every game but mortal kombat and xbox players have been told throughout the duration of MK9's competitive lifespan that we need to suck it up and buy converters, then why is it such a big deal when you have to do what we've been forced to do?

You're essentially saying that tournament organizers need to purchase a bunch of ps3's (assuming they don't have them) to appease the mortal kombat community migrating to a new game. If you have an issue with how they want to run their events then take the initiative and run your own.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
You're essentially saying that tournament organizers need to purchase a bunch of ps3's (assuming they don't have them) to appease the mortal kombat community migrating to a new game. If you have an issue with how they want to run their events then take the initiative and run your own.
Thing is they always used ps3's for MK tournaments and all other fgs at ect were on ps3. So its just kind of ODD that they decided on xbox.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
i hope this wont play on XBOX. ECT is only 2 weeks away and i already registered. if this decision to play on XBOX was to be made, it should of been at least months in advance. today is the first time im hearing this. plus this vote is not fair. a good amount of those came from NON tournament goers or even people that will attend ECT. lets just play on ps3. i dont got time to buy a converter.
How could the decision be made months in advance if the general public has only been able to play the game for a month? This is purely based on community wide quality assurance. Again, we're going to make sure we have adapters at ECT for PS3 players, and if PS3 are upset about playing on a BETTER port, there's a problem there. The point is for PS3 players to voice concerns so they can be addressed as quickly as possible, not reasons why we should stick with PS3. Again, being forced to play on a stable system is not a valid complaint. I also haven't seen any video evidence from PS3 players showing that there is no difference in gameplay. In MK9, you could ban stages, and most of the slow down and frame drop happened during Xrays, when gameplay where not directly altered, this is live, in game disruption that we're talking about.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As far as the game goes, I really enjoy it. It's much better than MK9 to me and it reminds me more of UMK3. Wake-up attacks aren't as easy to abuse and there's not as much mashing in general. MK9 doesn't have much mashing to begin with either, but it is there as far as wake-ups go. I really like how every character is great. I personally agree with every character being OP means no character is OP, it's much more fun that way to me. I like how powerful rushdown is, but also how powerful zoning is. You can really play the game to fit your style. And every character plays uniquely different and are different in general. The traits are a genius idea, though some feel maybe a little too good, but too early to tell. The game has obvious flaws though, but so does every game. It's not perfect but damn it's one of the most fun fighting games I've played in the last 5 years.

With the 360 thing, I think every tournament should be run on a 360 anyway, it's objectively superior. And personally I have a 360 controller with no converter, but I can just get a converter, but I'd rather not have to, lol. The only complaint I hear is that "360 controllers are bad", which is a dumb reason. 360 users have to get a converter so PS3 users should have to as well. I also hear the ignorant "360's might get red ringz!!", which this isn't 2008, that rarely if ever happens anymore.

The DLC is something I will definitely agree with. Terrible decisions all around. I don't necessarily mind Lobo and Zod, but Whackgirl and Derpion are really dumb choices. Why the hell they would choose those 4 over the most requested DLC character, Martian Manhunter, I will never know. Maybe Boon is racist against green people. The only way I will be happy is if they have a 2nd DLC pass with 4 more characters that are fan favorites or something, or Scorpion has his UMK3/MKT teleports, lol. The DLC choices overall are just not very good.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
How could the decision be made months in advance if the general public has only been able to play the game for a month? This is purely based on community wide quality assurance. Again, we're going to make sure we have adapters at ECT for PS3 players, and if PS3 are upset about playing on a BETTER port, there's a problem there. The point is for PS3 players to voice concerns so they can be addressed as quickly as possible, not reasons why we should stick with PS3. Again, being forced to play on a stable system is not a valid complaint. I also haven't seen any video evidence from PS3 players showing that there is no difference in gameplay. In MK9, you could ban stages, and most of the slow down and frame drop happened during Xrays, when gameplay where not directly altered, this is live, in game disruption that we're talking about.
Converters provided by tournament staff. SO FUCKING GENEROUS.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Converters provided by tournament staff. SO FUCKING GENEROUS.
We've always had a handful of basic converters available, extra gamepads, even sticks, at any tournaments we run. The only issue with the Cronus converters is, because they are so good and small, they are expensive and very tempting to steal. I almost want to run a donation stream to help finance this extraneous purchase, but I feel it's necessary. However, this is going to force players to start getting them in the future.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
We've always had a handful of basic converters available, extra gamepads, even sticks, at any tournaments we run. The only issue with the Cronus converters is, because they are so good and small, they are expensive and very tempting to steal. I almost want to run a donation stream to help finance this extraneous purchase, but I feel it's necessary. However, this is going to force players to start getting them in the future.
I would ask for a deposit to the value of the convertor and sign them out to players. I don't think that's unreasonable as its your money you're fronting in the first place. Tournament players should come prepared.

On the subject of dlc, despite the first two being revealed I still refuse to accept scorpion as the 4th. Its just ridiculous. Batgirl may actually be good though.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would ask for a deposit to the value of the convertor and sign them out to players. I don't think that's unreasonable as its your money you're fronting in the first place. Tournament players should come prepared.

On the subject of dlc, despite the first two being revealed I still refuse to accept scorpion as the 4th. Its just ridiculous. Batgirl may actually be good though.
I hope to have this figured out by tomorrow.

Cav

Noob
PS3 pad players seem pretty presumptuous to think that they can just waltz into offline events with just their pad and expect to be dandy. To be honest it's a little arrogant which is ironic since the xbox runs the game smoother.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Okay let this be known that a sentence that has TO and Solo in them will bring automatic flaming to your location. Let's not do that... As far as the season pass goes, you basically bought four unknown characters for the price of three. How do you feel ripped off? That's like you going to a pizza shop, buying four slices of unknown pizza for the price of three then complain when you think the pizza tastes nasty.

As for the PS3 thing?.. Fanboyism at it's finest. Nuff said. :coffee:

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
PS3 pad players seem pretty presumptuous to think that they can just waltz into offline events with just their pad and expect to be dandy. To be honest it's a little arrogant which is ironic since the xbox runs the game smoother.
Who here is saying that? You're picking at straws that don't exist in this thread. Sorry the majority of the mkc is on ps3. :coffee:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Concerning the ps3/360 issue; it's not fanboy-ism or anything that has me disappointed. It's being promised one thing and then given another. The whole north east ran mk on ps3 and was going to do the same for injustice. So upon hearing that we went all in with ps3 once again. Now that's not the case and I feel as if I wasted my money, I should have bought the game for 360 and modded a ps3 pad since converters are a little sketchy sometimes.

Same thing with Scorpion. I was told that this is a DC fighter. I was excited for more dc characters. Now I'm told that I'm getting a mortal kombat character?! That's like ordering a steak and getting a hot dog.
In my honest opinion EVO qualifiers should always use the same exact equipment evo uses from headphone amps, to systems, etc

I believe this is called white girl problems.

DLC season pass -> Well that's your fault. I didn't buy the season pass because I don't like surprise boxes because I know surprises can be good or bad. You like surprises so you bought the season pass. And what you got was a nasty surprise alright. So the way I see it you got exactly what you paid for.

Xbox over PS3 -> Xbox is clearly superior for tournaments and has less problems/slowdowns so I'm not sure what the problem is. The only thing is PS3 pad is better than Xbox pad but come on now, it's not like converters cost a fortune.

And about the balance of this game -> I dunno, I think it's interesting to have a game with every character having something ridiculous. It levels the playing field somewhat. But anything that wasn't intended like block infinites and inescapable resets should get fixed. The rest should stay unless proven to be really overpowered in the sense that very little characters have an answer against it. So far I haven't seen anything that made me gasp in disgust... aside from Aquaman's trait LOL. jk Tom don't get angry at me.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
If you really must feel ripped off, feel that way because there aren't enough on-disk costumes to unlock.

Literally they have a ridiculous amount of modes: Battles/online/STAR labs. All of these would afford excellent opportunities as being an unlock requirement. Given the source material, the amount of possible alts are ridiculous. And yet you have to buy everything. I already bought the damn game ffs, the least you could have done was thrown in some more costumes!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Ect UFGT CEO are all Xbox

I just know if I want to go to tourneys have both converters

If rumors are true: lobo and ZOD are outstanding choices

Also a lot of tourney players only own a Xbox and they have to buy stuff for ps3 so it works both ways

I prefer Xbox but Idc either way
This. I'm on a 360 and own two sticks for it. Thats around $200 right there. Sorry they didn't cater to you specifically in roster choices and tournies, but thats not how things are for anyone.

If the game is fun play it. If you want more optional cast buy them. If you like tournies its up to you to have the right controller to go to them just like its always been for everyone else.

To be honest the reason I didn't buy a season pass is because of the rumors. If their were no rumors about it I'm sure a lot more people may have bought it that didn't at this point. Once you hear something it's like "Batgirl, Scorp? Zod? ok wtf? I'm gonna have to wait on that".
Sure you can say "don't buy it then" but hindsight is 20/20 and release hype clouds people's judgement.

I do like the game, but I sort of worry for it's future. It's still too early to tell how people legit like the game. Their is too much hype over DLC, positive or negative. We have to wait til the game calms down a bit to determine if the game is still hype or not.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
If the Flashpoint skins weren't complete dickcheese I'd buy the season pass even when I hate the idea of Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion being in the game.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Buying DLC before you know what it is you can't really pull the "I feel ripped off" card. NRS delivered on 4 more characters for the game, which is there only obligation. Who those characters are isn't up to us. As for the PS3/Xbox thing I have little sympothy for PS3 players. I played on Xbox but since I knew tourneys were on PS3 I had to purchase another controller.. If Xbox runs better, then it should be the standard. Having adequate equipment is part of the expense of going to tourneys.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Buying DLC before you know what it is you can't really pull the "I feel ripped off" card. NRS delivered on 4 more characters for the game, which is there only obligation. Who those characters are isn't up to us. As for the PS3/Xbox thing I have little sympothy for PS3 players. I played on Xbox but since I knew tourneys were on PS3 I had to purchase another controller.. If Xbox runs better, then it should be the standard. Having adequate equipment is part of the expense of going to tourneys.
dat Signature

lol