What's new

Feeling a little ripped off.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't understand how someone can say a character is a waste of a slot before they've even seen that character play. That makes absolutely no sense to me, and it's indicative of the attitude that ruins things for this community. It's just as bad as people complaining about Freddy for being a horror character rather than their favorite MK character, when it turned out that he actually featured a unique playstyle and added his own flavor to the game.

A character is just a character; it's how they play that matters. I wasn't a fan of most of these DC characters before the game came out, but I don't play fighting games to approve of the universe the characters come from. I play them so I can use the mechanics of the game, to fight.

All I know is, Nightwing has a *completely* different playstyle from Joker, who has a completely different playstyle from Batman, who has an entirely different playstyle from Harley, etc. So "it's a Batman character" means absolutely zero in terms of gameplay diversity.

Don't buy a Mystery Character Pack if you might not like who the characters are; but don't blame the developer because they didn't pick your favorites. That's just silly.

Element_

The First Element
Feeling a little riped off?YES!! Nrs have basically turned DC into a marvel/capcom game..its disgusting tbh.

The thing that scares me is how people are acting as if this game is already about to die off. It's not a good sign at all and this DLC will either make or break things. The real test is after DLC has been out already.

Element_

The First Element
ok, ok i agree ,it is early but i just an't understand how they'd release this game before a MK10!we all wanted it..but they released this *Marvel* like game.lbsh here.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Just to clarify to everyone telling swifttomhanks that it was his fault for buying the season pass with out knowing what characters will be released. He said he bought the pass for offline tournaments thinking his system would be used as it always is. So yes he has a right to feel ripped off.

SwiftTomHanks - don't input the code just hold on to it in case you don't want those dlc characters and just sell the season pass on ebay. That's what I'm doing if I don't want the 4 characters.

Anyway my issue with this whole system switch is that I'm pretty sure I recall Someone posting a thread just before the games release or just right after saying that ps3 will be the system standard for injustice. I did just yesterday experience my first slow down, it happened after I used one of the stage interactables. It was one of the pipes, but it didnt effect gameplay at all. I just wish we had more notice of the system change :/ now I have to fix my Xbox sticks.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Just to clarify to everyone telling swifttomhanks that it was his fault for buying the season pass with out knowing what characters will be released. He said he bought the pass for offline tournaments thinking his system would be used as it always is. So yes he has a right to feel ripped off.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Thank you Dan! At least someone in here gets it lol.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Ps3 is horrible, 360 is always the better choice for any fighter.
Batgirl is a wasted, Could have been a guess KI character?
Idk anything about Zod, again another KI char.
Lobo & Scorpion are really good choices, I personally love the idea of using Scorpion in this game (which is much much more fun and balanced than mk9)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I agree that there are some screwed up things going on here.

However, if you're a tournament player wouldn't you need to have all of the characters?

I mean if you are going to be playing tournaments against others, I am assuming that some of your opponents will use them at some point (Ex. Kenshi, Scarlet, Freddy, Rain).

I don't know about you guys but if I can't get some practice in against a character I haven't really played before, I am screwed when it comes down to 1v1's.

I won't know what to expect and my game plan is off.

That should be a reason to get all of the DLC even if you don't want to play as the DLC.

I can;t fathom some of the dismay between all these things. The system thing seems like an none issue. I made investment to have converters for both my system on the notion i make sure i didint have to change my controller preferences. I would assume anythone who makes habit of going to event would had occassionally found them self stagnate where set up didn't accomodate their preference.

The DLC is just as baffling. Had no one consider that their dream rooster or character would not make it? or better yet may not even played them. I'm superman and aqua man fan and yet I'm mainning Ares and Bain which are characetrs i didn't care for till saw gameplay. (though now i am growing and afinity with them)

As of now unless their glitches that crashes the game, nothing appears game breaking where player has zero options to counter it. There were block infintes, damaging reset, and others that are now being pacthes but even if they stood in, their were ways to defend them so the game wouldn't have degenerate IMO.

Just to clarify this for anyone who really feels like they want to try and get one:

You can't get a refund for downloadable content on the grounds of disappointment.

Even if it doesn't directly give you anything, the Season Pass is still a 108 kb download that you purchased for $15, and unless the download malfunctioned and you are unable to get the characters for free, you have absolutely no grounds to request a refund.

What's all this bitching about the game being ran on the 360? Isn't it the norm that everyone has converters/dual mods in case of such a scenario? Or is that stuff only relegated to 360 users only?

systems standards do change though. Going back years ago, DreamCast was the standard for MvC2, CvS2, 3rd Strike, then PS2 became the standard. Hell, arcade cabinets were the standard. You go from arcade to console in many games, and you are fucked. No one is being alienated here, this is something that happens.
cabinet should still be standard T_T

Can't you just wait to buy the season pass later?
After getting Freddy as a DLC for MK, I would have thought people would have been more cautious.

I won't be buying the season pass as I don't play male characters.
If anything Ill buy Batgirl once I see footage.
You and me both :). I like all my girls :D. Only male I truly like is Aquaman and 2 more.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I don't understand how someone can say a character is a waste of a slot before they've even seen that character play.
Its not about gameplay, they could have put "Wonder Twins" in and make them the most entertaining characters of the game; its about variety and fanservice, DC has a wonderful universe to pick up new chars but nooooooooooooo, NRS thought that a Batman clone, Superman clone and MK Scorpion would be better...and Scorpion in Injustice will help it to stand alone as a strong DC franchise...

- __________-

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
I do feel ripped off with scorpion and batgirl. By the way batgirl is the bat universe bitch that will make no more profit than anyone else and scorpion is just to get mk fans to buy I guess. I mean who Tf is batgirl anymore she wasn't even in Arkham Asylum or Arkham City. They might buy the dlc. But I doubt an mk player is just going to pick up the game(if they don't have it already)just for scorpion. Those 2 DLC are a mockery to the fans. Knowing they wanted people like black manta, MMH and Black Canary. STATIC SHOCK WOULD'VE BEEN COOL AF. This thread is legit.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Its not about gameplay, they could have put "Wonder Twins" in and make them the most entertaining characters of the game; its about variety and fanservice, DC has a wonderful universe to pick up new chars but nooooooooooooo, NRS thought that a Batman clone, Superman clone and MK Scorpion would be better...and Scorpion in Injustice will help it to stand alone as a strong DC franchise...

- __________-
They also have to make sales.. And lets be honest, when it comes to 'fanservice' Batgirl probably has more fans than most of the 0ther characters you'd name. It just seems like people are only looking at things from one perspective. Batgirl won't play like a Batman clone, nor will anyone else play like a Superman clone.

People need to grow up and at least wait and see what a character has to offer before they go bashing it. And also remember that it costs a lot of money to make a character, and while it's great for the 5 fans of character X to want NRS to produce a character than only 5 people will buy, it doesn't really make much financial sense.

For every hardcore person that's saying "why is Batgirl in the character pack?" there are 3 more people that'd be saying "Who the F is [obscure character here]? What a waste of money" if it was a random instead.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
They also have to make sales.. And lets be honest, when it comes to 'fanservice' Batgirl probably has more fans than most of the 0ther characters you'd name.
Sales. apparently you and WB and NRS care too much of it, but you and WB and NRS should know that maybe it will be better to listen to the fans, just look at the facebook page. And Batgirl is so popular that she was excluded from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City... you should be right.
It just seems like people are only looking at things from one perspective. Batgirl won't play like a Batman clone, nor will anyone else play like a Superman clone.
Again, it is not about gameplay, they could give them different playstyles like they did with shazam and Black Adam or GL and Sinestro, but you know Batgirl and Batman (Superman and Zod) share the same concept, dont act like we should ignore that. And from other user:
"who gives a crap if she plays differently than the other 43 batchars when [insert any character from long list of characters]'s could've had even more interesting/different playstyles. the batverse has too much representation in injustice and anyone denying that is clearly loopy..."