What's new

Feeling a little ripped off.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
A lot of us in the Philly area are going through a roller coaster of emotions with the evolving meta-game of injustice. While I enjoy the game, I have my concerns about a few things such as the philosophy of "if everything is op it's balanced". Regardless, it's too early to say much of anything other than first impressions.

Getting to the point though, other events have left me bummed out. First is the dlc. Lobo I understand; he is just a character that I'm not crazy over style wise. Batgirl is pretty much a waste of a character slot. Zod is just a marketing connection linked to the man of steel movie. Scorpion is nothing more than a slap in the face to every dc fan who bought the season pass. With that said, I feel like I wasted my money on the dlc season pass; outside owning it for tournament purposes.

Which leads me to the straw that broke the camels back. I hear ECT is now on 360, via popular vote since ps3 has performance issues? I for one have not seen the ps3 drop frame rate yet, nor any other problem that changes gameplay. All of us here got the game for ps3 with the understanding tournaments would continue to run on them, as well as buying the season pass on them. So now I'm told that I need to purchase a converter, and for our local scene we need to get 360s if we want to stay consistent with what we are to expect at tournaments. All this because of a vote that was open to the public, not even just people going to ect...let alone the TOs only? Things like this TOs should decide solo rather than listen to the general public, which has proven to be rather...simple in the past.

Can anyone confirm if this is true? If so this is rather upsetting that a major change like this would be made so quickly, incoviencing all ps3 pad players.

I feel like I got ripped off with dlc, not crazy over the game in general, and now I have to buy a converter and ps2 controller in less than 2 weeks? Also perhaps the whole Philly scene needs to switch systems?

I'm not sure I want to make any further purchases to this game just yet... Which means I probably won't be able to play at ect :(

Shock

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm not sure if Injustice runs smoother on 360 than PS3. TOs have decided to switch to 360 for Capcom games however due to the fact that those games perform much better on 360. Just get a converter for now. 360s will be dirt cheap and hopefully M$ won't be nimrods and will make live a free service once next gen roles out.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I have a lot of sympathy for you. That is truly detrimental to the experience to the game. I just don't like how you could say Batgirl was a wasted slot... the feels. Either way, the best option might just be to stop playing injustice. You should find a game that you actually like. I assume you don't like it because of your grocery list of complaints. I feel the same way on a lot of them, but I just suck it up. I don't play tournaments. So it is up to you as to whether or not you want to get accustomed to the Xbox. All I can say is that I feel your pain. :16Bit

as for the season pass, refund it, it's likely that a second one is happening, so wait and see if you like the characters and buy them if you still have the game.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Also a lot of tourney players only own a Xbox and they have to buy stuff for ps3 so it works both ways
Took the words right outta my mouth, or from under my fingertips as it were...

I had to buy two PS2 controllers (cuz one ended being bein virtually unusable after awhile) and a converter so I could actually use them so I could participate in tournaments used on an inferior system for MK. Not saying "HA! YOU DESERVE IT YOU ROTTEN PS3 PLAYER YOU" or anything like that, but it's really not too big a deal, especially cuz it's only this tournament and a few others.

Don't worry, I'm sure PS3 will be the tournament standard (for some reason...)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I agree. I really wish they went with Cassie. She is the most unique/badass. I have no idea how Barbara is so iconic...:16Bit
If there's a Cassie skin at some point in the future, I'll highly consider playing her. Barbs is just...eh. Cassie would've had a far better reception.

Disgruntled TYM member: EW BATGIRL!
Everyone else: NO, IT'S THE BAD ASS BATGIRL!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It unquestionably runs fine on 360, it was probably developed on 360. I am going to get Cronus adapters for this event so PS3 players will be able to play with no issues, but they are going to have to be watched like a hawk, marked, maybe even attached to the systems. I want players to be able to benefit from the best possible port of the game, as even MK9 on PS3, I felt was unacceptable and it never would have been on PS3 if not for EVO. IMO asking players to play on PS3 is no different than asking offline players to play online for a tournament and the only issue is the "EVO" or "MLG" standard. It is terrible that we are in this position but the game plays poorly enough on PS3 that a change is warranted. Make no mistake about it, I don't enjoy having to dish several hundred more dollars to get this done, I never wanted to start running on PS3 in the first place. I had Storms put up the poll because I wanted to get an idea if this was the popular decision because if 90% said stick with PS3 we would have, and it seems like it is the right choice. It is grossly unfair to ask the 360 players to play on PS3 when PS3 is observably inferior. It's like telling them they have to buy a PS3 if they already own the game. In this day and age, dual mods, and controller converters are becoming the norm, so it is the lesser of two evils at this point.

Edit, as far as DLC so goes, yeah, they dropped the ball with this, any way you slice it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Concerning the ps3/360 issue; it's not fanboy-ism or anything that has me disappointed. It's being promised one thing and then given another. The whole north east ran mk on ps3 and was going to do the same for injustice. So upon hearing that we went all in with ps3 once again. Now that's not the case and I feel as if I wasted my money, I should have bought the game for 360 and modded a ps3 pad since converters are a little sketchy sometimes.

Same thing with Scorpion. I was told that this is a DC fighter. I was excited for more dc characters. Now I'm told that I'm getting a mortal kombat character?! That's like ordering a steak and getting a hot dog.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Ect UFGT CEO are all Xbox

I just know if I want to go to tourneys have both converters

If rumors are true: lobo and ZOD are outstanding choices

Also a lot of tourney players only own a Xbox and they have to buy stuff for ps3 so it works both ways

I prefer Xbox but Idc either way
I just hope Lobo has more variety than his trailer appearance because if all he can do is shoot people with guns then hes gonna be lame. He has SO much more going for him its not even funny.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Can't you just wait to buy the season pass later?
After getting Freddy as a DLC for MK, I would have thought people would have been more cautious.

I won't be buying the season pass as I don't play male characters.
If anything Ill buy Batgirl once I see footage.
I bought it because I help TO in Philly, jersey, and ny. My system is always used, so I figured why not save $5. But now that they switched to 360 it's a total waste. I would have waited just like yourself if my system wasn't relied on all the time.

Dann

Noob
Batman, nightwing, joker, harley quin, bane and now bat girl? If not both, either her or Harley quinn are a waste of a slot. there is wayyy to many batman characters. they should have called this game injustice gods in gotham city. there are so many characters in the dc universe it is upsetting they went with 6 characters from the same comic book. OMG! I almost forgot Cat Woman. with the inclusion of batgirl there will be 7 batman characters. WTF?! Ed boon must be a huge batman fan
Ect UFGT CEO are all Xbox

If rumors are true: lobo and ZOD are outstanding choices

I prefer Xbox but Idc either way
Agreed. I would have liked to see Bizarro. He would have been like superman and grundy combined

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Concerning the ps3/360 issue; it's not fanboy-ism or anything that has me disappointed. It's being promised one thing and then given another. The whole north east ran mk on ps3 and was going to do the same for injustice. So upon hearing that we went all in with ps3 once again. Now that's not the case and I feel as if I wasted my money, I should have bought the game for 360 and modded a ps3 pad since converters are a little sketchy sometimes.

Same thing with Scorpion. I was told that this is a DC fighter. I was excited for more dc characters. Now I'm told that I'm getting a mortal kombat character?! That's like ordering a steak and getting a hot dog.
systems standards do change though. Going back years ago, DreamCast was the standard for MvC2, CvS2, 3rd Strike, then PS2 became the standard. Hell, arcade cabinets were the standard. You go from arcade to console in many games, and you are fucked. No one is being alienated here, this is something that happens.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I don't know if playing on 360 or PS3 really matters. I only have 360 and when I went to MK9 tournaments I had to play on PS3. I don't think I noticed any difference besides the xray lag, which didn't really affect me since Reptile doesn't have any xray combos or anything.

And I don't really like the DLC characters. Not a huge DC fan so maaybe my opinion sucks but I felt like some more famous characters should have gotten in.