What's new

Favorite bands/music?

dookiebrain said:
@black, omg, i bet you didnt even download that album. are you that obssessed with gilbert that you are afraid to hear someone else who actually has WAY better albums? gilbert is sick, but he doesnt even have 1 single album that compares to any of greg howes,what album does gilbert have that tops greg's "ascend"? you need to listen to that album dude,its epic
Well I download it but everytime you rag on Gilbert saying "you are afraid to hear someone else who actually has WAY better albums" it makes me automatically not want to listen to him. That's why I don't like Jimi Hendrix or Jimmy Page, I tell people I love eddie van halen and they start saying how much better those guys are and makes me tired of hearing people make fun of my favorite guitarists,

black album said:
Well I download it but everytime you rag on Gilbert saying "you are afraid to hear someone else who actually has WAY better albums" it makes me automatically not want to listen to him. That's why I don't like Jimi Hendrix or Jimmy Page, I tell people I love eddie van halen and they start saying how much better those guys are and makes me tired of hearing people make fun of my favorite guitarists,
I often listen or dont listen to music based off of what others think also.

fuckin with ya black :mad: I dont listen to mainstream for that reason, but still. You should/need to listen to legends.

black album said:
i was kidding,relax. being close minded will be your biggest downfall in music.dont be afraid at the thought of finding other artist you like better then paul gilbert, you might not like paul gilbert for the rest of your life and in the mean time your missing out.

Pr0fessor said:
Hey dookie, just curious, what's your gear/setup? I play a little bit too (not nearly as long as you, only about 7 years) but I like to play the same stuff as you do and I'm curious to see your setup.
i have 3 jacksons:

slsmg
slsmg soloist
sls3 super light weight soloist

line 6 pod x3 live
pro-tools

i dont have any amps right now, i dont need them because im not in a band,however i am in the middle of an album with a very famous drummer who actually got me on pro tools because i kept sending him shitty guitar demo vids,lol. if you want details send me a PM.

7 years, thats awsome man, keep it up dude. what kind of gear do you have?

dookiebrain said:
i have 3 jacksons:

slsmg
slsmg soloist
sls3 super light weight soloist

line 6 pod x3 live
pro-tools

i dont have any amps right now, i dont need them because im not in a band,however i am in the middle of an album with a very famous drummer who actually got me on pro tools because i kept sending him shitty guitar demo vids,lol. if you want details send me a PM.

7 years, thats awsome man, keep it up dude. what kind of gear do you have?
My gear is pretty cheap but gets the job done. An LTD EC-200 and a Peavey 35 watt combo with a Boss HM-2. Hopefully within the next 2 months I'll finally have my 5150 II. I've had the same gear ever since I've started playing and I think it's time to upgrade, haha

Hey, maybe yall can help me read music? I'm just starting to learn (i'm 21 btw lol)

Ok, so here are the tab:

| Em Em/D | C7 B | Em Em/D | C Em/B | A7 | A7 | D7 | B7 |
"I got a gal..."

| Em B7/F# | Em/G B7/F# | Em | Em Bb9 | A7 | D7 | G | C7 B7 |
"Is you is..."

| C | Cm |G | G7 G+ | C | F | F9 E7 |Am B7 |
"A woman is..."

Aight, so. I know where a majority of the notes are (and how to locate them), but what confuses me, are which notes are which.

Like, how do i differenciate the difference between the e string and the 7th fret on the a string?

By Artists: Adema, Apocalyptica, Brian "Head" Welch, Cavalera Conspiracy, Celldweller, Crazy Town, Depeche Mode, Dog Eat Dog, DragonForce, Dream Theater, Drumcorps, Ektomorf, Evanescence, Fear Factory, Fort Minor, Guano Apes, Kaliber 44 Polish Hip hop), KoЯn, Limp Bizkit, Linea 77, Linkin Park, Metallica, Motörhead, Nine Inch Nails, O.N.A. (Polish Metal), Pantera, Papa Roach, P.O.D., Rammstein, Sepultura, Serj Tankian, Slayer, Slipknot, Soulfly, Styles Of Beyond, System Of A Down, The Prodigy, Volbeat, V-Mob, (Hed) P.E.

By Genre: Rock, Metal [Nu, Death, Thrash, Groove, Progressive, Rapcore, Punk], Hip Hop, Drum n' bass, Alternative, Electronica.

Kaiba

Noob
I like a very wide array of music. I could listen to Beethoven followed by Metallica.

Some of my overall favorite artists to listen to: Dream Theater, Metallica, No Doubt, Elvis, Eric Johnson, Santana, Selena, & DJ Screw. Last two show my Texas roots lol.

Kaiba said:
I like a very wide array of music. I could listen to Beethoven followed by Metallica.

Some of my overall favorite artists to listen to: Dream Theater, Metallica, No Doubt, Elvis, Eric Johnson, Santana, Selena, & DJ Screw. Last two show my Texas roots lol.

macs are for [ban incoming]. :D

now it's mac vs pc thread lol.