D

david_GEM

I know I might be in the minority here but

MUSE
MGMT
Stevie Wonder
KANSAS (with a passion)
Donny Hathaway

I have the same birthday as Bob Dylan, just wanted to share that for some reason.

D

david_GEM

I almost forgot

The Police (a few songs)

And the acoustic God: Andy Mckee

I posted a video of him before kmk went down, i don't feel like doing it again. lol

D

david_GEM

And PainKiller makes me want to kill someone it's so stupid awesome. But that's the only song out of the mere 11 i heard from them that I care about so i cant judge.

S

Shaney

Davey_8000 said:
I like a lot of quality metal. For example Ace of Base.

Fuck Metallica/Trivium/Megadeth though.
You're crazy, that band is amazing.

david_GEM said:
And PainKiller makes me want to kill someone it's so stupid awesome. But that's the only song out of the mere 11 i heard from them that I care about so i cant judge.
have you heard the Death version of Painkiller? It's pretty much awesome too. Richard Christy is an amazing drummer and Chuck Schuldiner is one of the sweetest guitarists I've heard. I wish he hadn't died. I can only imagine the great music they could have made :pours a little out for Chuck:

MaDWaK

Noob
I like underground/classic rap rap/real hip hop
dj premier made tracks
dilla
pete rock
group home
mf doom
immortal technique
madlib
quasimoto
gang starr
heiroglyphics

im also big into dnb
logistics
mutt
redeyes
alix perez
sabre
lynx
calibre

shit like that. I also like daft punks old shit and the streets.

D

david_GEM

Vassago187 said:
have you heard the Death version of Painkiller? It's pretty much awesome too. Richard Christy is an amazing drummer and Chuck Schuldiner is one of the sweetest guitarists I've heard. I wish he hadn't died. I can only imagine the great music they could have made :pours a little out for Chuck:
Death Version? DAMN that sounds incomprehensible

D

david_GEM

just heard it. I still prefer Priest's version. still made me wanna kill someone. Imma listen to it again.

david_GEM said:
just heard it. I still prefer Priest's version. still made me wanna kill someone. Imma listen to it again.
<3 Death. Although I love Priest too. I just like metal in general I guess.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
MaDWaK said:
I like underground/classic rap rap/real hip hop
dj premier made tracks
dilla
pete rock
group home
mf doom
immortal technique
madlib
quasimoto
gang starr
heiroglyphics

im also big into dnb
logistics
mutt
redeyes
alix perez
sabre
lynx
calibre

shit like that. I also like daft punks old shit and the streets.
very nice! premier and dilla can/could do no wrong!

hip hop:
gangstarr
tribe
de la soul
common
slum village
roots
mobb deep
lost boyz
dre/snoop/cube
method man
gza
run dmc
souls of mischief
digable planets
biggie
etc

dnb:
logistics
high contrast
lenzman
apex
dom and roland
tech itch
limewax
calibre
danny byrd
audio
a-sides
atlantic connection
donny
current value
panacea
omni trio
sub focus
etc

pretty diverse on the dnb tip. i like the really soulful to the really hard industrial. used to listen to the streets alot as well...mostly original pirate material.

there isn't too much music i wont atleast give a try to see if i like. cept country...i can't stand that garbage.

MaDWaK

Noob
good shit kensidj. we listen to pretty much the same shit except I probably listen to more west coast. I do like slum village though (mostly elzhi) and those from detroit. black milk, old royce da 5 9, guilty simpson, and others. as far as dnb yeah were pretty much the same.
I listen to a lot of liquid and not so much the hardcore industrial or typical club dnb shit too. although Ive been gettin more into people like noisia, or sabre. and the drumfunk styles. omni trio got me into dnb when grand theft auto 3 came out on the MSX FM radio station lol. from apex I like "space between" and "weeping willow." from lenzman I like "ever so slightly." everyone from hospital records is pretty much dope too.

very nice to know that people listen to the same type of music as me.

D

david_GEM

Kensidj said:
"i got tha, i got tha, i got tha woofas in mah jeep!" lol BORN TO ROLL!
He's my brother in law.
Do u remember Leschea?
probably not, but she's my sister. Her and MC Light used to hang out at my house.
I also know Mister c pretty well too, i forgot his name though- he's a Jets fan

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
MaDWaK said:
good shit kensidj. we listen to pretty much the same shit except I probably listen to more west coast. I do like slum village though (mostly elzhi) and those from detroit. black milk, old royce da 5 9, guilty simpson, and others. as far as dnb yeah were pretty much the same.
I listen to a lot of liquid and not so much the hardcore industrial or typical club dnb shit too. although Ive been gettin more into people like noisia, or sabre. and the drumfunk styles. omni trio got me into dnb when grand theft auto 3 came out on the MSX FM radio station lol. from apex I like "space between" and "weeping willow." from lenzman I like "ever so slightly." everyone from hospital records is pretty much dope too.

very nice to know that people listen to the same type of music as me.
good taste. hopefully the dnb scene will come back around. i kinda took a break from playing it as of late due to travelling way outta my way for shows to play for 4 people(all djs). lol

still love the music though. they have a great weekly in orlando that's been going for 10+ years.(had mixmaster doc this past monday and ltj bukem and conrad coming up) still a 2-hour drive for me so it's tough to get up there all the time.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
david_GEM said:
He's my brother in law.
Do u remember Leschea?
probably not, but she's my sister. Her and MC Light used to hang out at my house.
I also know Mister c pretty well too, i forgot his name though- he's a Jets fan
woah no shit?? good old masta ace incorporated! i spent most of my teenage years rockin' that stuff! lol

MC Lyte?? "Ruffneck"?? lol! dope!