What's new

Favorite bands/music?

You guys blatently love a bit of Buddy! 0:)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iysCB-p9HbQ&feature=related[/youtube]

maaan there are so many great contemporary jazz artists...i can't wrote them all :laugh: but i'll mention some of them

boney james,ken navarro,lin rountree,chris botti,jeff kashiwa,oli silk,brian culbertson,chris standring,bobby lyle,peter white,douye,maysa,joyce cooling,walter beasley and many more.

soultaker said:
maaan there are so many great contemporary jazz artists...i can't wrote them all :laugh: but i'll mention some of them

boney james,ken navarro,lin rountree,chris botti,jeff kashiwa,oli silk,brian culbertson,chris standring,bobby lyle,peter white,douye,maysa,joyce cooling,walter beasley and many more.
im gonna check these guys out.

Mr Wiggl3s said:
What bands do you like for doom metal?
greif
candlemass
(early) my dying bride

i like more death/doom. there are more bands but i cant think of any at the moment. my main metal is technical death metal,underground technical bands and really brutal bands.

black album said:
Damn, that guys pretty good.
greg howe is a serious shredder, if you heard his shred albums (ascend), you might not like paul gilbert anymore, ever see the youtube greg howe and paul gilbert on stage together?

dookiebrain said:
greg howe is a serious shredder, if you heard his shred albums (ascend), you might not like paul gilbert anymore, ever see the youtube greg howe and paul gilbert on stage together?
No, I will never not like Paul Gilbert.

black album said:
No, I will never not like Paul Gilbert.
i know im jusrt kidding, Paul is awsome. go get greg howes album "ascend" you will shit yourself, and unfortunate for paul gilbert, paul has NEVER made a shred album like that.

dookiebrain said:
i know im jusrt kidding, Paul is awsome. go get greg howes album "ascend" you will shit yourself, and unfortunate for paul gilbert, paul has NEVER made a shred album like that.
Excuse me....

black album said:
Excuse me....
dont get me wrong bro, paul is an ultimate shredder, i klove his licks dude. one of the best for sure! BUT, you need to get into greg howe,man! you have no idea what you are missing, dude ill upload an album for you tonight and send you link. youll have it by nights end. ill post a serious greg howe showcase in a sec

this album fucking owns in every way,the best solo guitar album ever,this is actually not that great of a song,wait till you hear full album tonight when i send you link

black album said:
Ok i'll give him a try. But I will never ditch Paul.
so, did you get the album i sent you? i sent you the greg howe album, fucking total shred!! greg howe is my favorite guitarist, he pretty much wipes the floor with malsteens and everyone else. he is a shredder on top of being the ultimate jazz/fusion shredder. his legato phrases cannot be touched, steve vai is up there with him.

listen to how smooth his tones are, have a look at his incredible legato rips!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhH4-ro8H_0&feature=related[/youtube]

dookiebrain said:
so, did you get the album i sent you? i sent you the greg howe album, fucking total shred!! greg howe is my favorite guitarist, he pretty much wipes the floor with malsteens and everyone else. he is a shredder on top of being the ultimate jazz/fusion shredder. his legato phrases cannot be touched, steve vai is up there with him.

listen to how smooth his tones are, have a look at his incredible legato rips!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhH4-ro8H_0&feature=related[/youtube]
Don't let Shaney read that message.

black album said:
Don't let Shaney read that message.
i don't mean it like that,i love malmsteen and vai and becker and friedman and everyone else,but greg how is my favorite. to me greg howe is the real deal. but the bottom line is that greg howe is the legato master, and legato rips are just so amazing sounding, this is why greg howe and vai really stand out to me. malmsteen is great and all,but he is pretty one dimensional,he just plays the same shit over and over in different ways on every albums. i love all his albums but they get annoying. when i hear greg rip wicked technical legato phrases he just destroys any other sound or anybody in my oppinion.

not to mention him shredding metal solos over jazz like in the video i above, who else does that? greg ftw

2:10-2:49= every guitarist just got FUCKING OWNED, please show me paul gilbert,malmsteen,vai or anyone else's videos who can do that. show me some video right now of malmsteen or anyone shredding like that,its fucking mind blowing in every way dude and this video was back in 1988!!! (yes he looks like a complete cheese-ball in this vid,but it doesn't matter) greg howe is known as a guitar master anyway,so its not just me stating this stuff. he is from the early shrapnel recoring label,the best of the best from the late 80's, same lable as jason becker,friedman and more

2:10-2:49=wow
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgwHs3bU7Pw[/youtube]

wow!!! that paul gilbert video also owns!! one thing can be said, malmsteen doesnt do anything like greg howe and gilbert,no fucking way!! and why would you post buckethead? yes he is good, but he is in no way on the same level as any of these guys, shit i can do anything buckethead can do,seriously too. he is in no way on the same level and shouldnt even be mentioned.

did you listen to "ascend"?

@black, omg, i bet you didnt even download that album. are you that obssessed with gilbert that you are afraid to hear someone else who actually has WAY better albums? gilbert is sick, but he doesnt even have 1 single album that compares to any of greg howes,what album does gilbert have that tops greg's "ascend"? you need to listen to that album dude,its epic

Hey dookie, just curious, what's your gear/setup? I play a little bit too (not nearly as long as you, only about 7 years) but I like to play the same stuff as you do and I'm curious to see your setup.