What's new

Breakthrough - Raiden F1 being a high now redundant, Quan has a 6f D1

SEN WIIISE

Kall the Kid, King Khanum!
F1 is fine as a high attack. B1 hitbox needs to be fixed a little bit more in order for bhai it to work properly against weird hitbox characters (yeah i mean you too Miss Cage among others...). The only buff TG needs atm, is a slight dmg boost off his electricity strings, during combos. Thats it.

F1 was meant as a punishing tool not a braindead auto win button, cause thats what it was during the early stages of the game. I am glad NRS changed it to a high cause thats how it was meant to be.

Its like saying "oh Tremor does not have a solid mid up close, lets make f1 a mid hitting attack" which is absolutely absurd to say the least.
But with his dmg scaling nerf, would that Mid really be all too braindead or unfair? I'm also a bit confused as to how it was such a game winning button? I wouldn't get it, as I ignored Raiden for a majority of the first two patches.

The entirety of Tanya's B1 should be an overhead and her B1 2+4 should be plus 6
I think Tanya has a sub-forum around here somewhere.:rolleyes:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I think it was meant to be a punishing string so if they would change it back to a mid they should slow it down to be in line with the other faster mids in game.

Raiden probably has more issues then just his f1 being a high

Solignac

Noob
If they give Raiden back his mid 6f f1 then Quan Chi is going to get a 4f d1:DOGE
It's definitely an interesting point to bring up about the f1, I would probably bet my money on them reducing the amount of meter f12b2 generates on block slightly (again) if they make it a mid. I think they're afraid of bringing it back tbh. It would definitely help Displacer and Master out a great deal though.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Right coz this makes sense.... WTF. 6F mid, sure let's "kill" Kenshi (for those who don't know, fastest Kenshi fastest normal is 8F d1) even more coz he isnt "dead" enough yet.

And some say that Kenshi players are the biggest crybabies if so then people who ask for buffs for characters like Raiden or Quan Chi(rofl) should receive a special kind of reward....

TYM these days....

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm sure you all remember Dizzy winning Combo Breaker with Thunder God Raiden, and MIT's F12 antics without real in depth knowledge of the character. Way back then, certain "swine" within our community decided to use their voice and hold that they have in terms of opinions (not facts), over the mindless, sheeple within this community, in an agenda against the Thunder God. Most likely because at that time (and still to this day) they complain about how bad their character supposedly is regardless of the numerous buffs they received (I personally dubbed that patch MKX: Bacon edition), because at that given time Raiden was in his rightful place as a top character and some people just couldn't accept it, also Kenshi just happened to not be top 2 in this game.

Onto my point. The main selling point for Raiden's F1 being made a high was the fact that quan chi could not escape loopable pressure in the corner due to having slow pokes, which is understandable. Outside of Quan Chi I do not recollect any other characters having problems poking out of this. NOW, Quan Chi's D1 is now 6f meaning he can escape this loop so in essence this particular patch change has been made redundant in the most recent patch since that was the only logical reason to nerf this essential mid. Now Raiden has to deal with characters like Cassie who not only low profile everything, but cause his only other, more useless mid in B1(1) to whiff on the second hit because of retarded hitboxes. In my opinion F12 should have been made slightly more negative on block rather than making F1 a high. If F1 has to be a high, than at least make say standing 2 or 3 a mid in it's place, the only other options are b11 which whiffs on low profile happy characters and yoloing NJP like an idiot, also the nerfed B2 which half the time isn't worth throwing out unless you have them conditioned to block low.

Discuss.

@colt
I agree with everything said.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Right this makes sense.... WTF. 6F mid, sure let's "kill" Kenshi (for those who don't know, fastest Kenshi fastest normal is 8F d1) even more coz he isnt "dead" enough yet.

And some say that Kenshi players are the biggest crybabies if so then people who ask for buffs for characters like Raiden or Quan Chi(rofl) should receive a special kind of reward....

TYM these days....
If you're saying that if we bring back f1 as a mid, it fucks up Kenshi, you're wrong. F12 is -3, which means it takes 9f for f1 to come out again. If kenshi's fastest normal is 8f, then he can escape.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Yeah because MK9 and Injustice would have been if they were left unchanged...
I never said don't change anything. I always stated to understand the game better before deciding on changes. Mk9 as it is imo is a bad game in terms of balance. Injustice was an improvement.

Mkx is taking a better route because the game will be supported longer. I just wish some of the changed weren't so reactionary.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I never said don't change anything. I always stated to understand the game better before deciding on changes. Mk9 as it is imo is a bad game in terms of balance. Injustice was an improvement.

Mkx is taking a better route because the game will be supported longer. I just wish some of the changed weren't so reactionary.
Well, Paulo did say the game was staying static for a long time at the last major patch Kombat Kast.

They went on to make some crazy hotfix balances since then, so you can't be sure. Still, it seems the intent is keep things static as they are and see how the meta plays out without involvement. I don't expect any major balance changes until KP2. They're currently working on Injustice 2 full time, I bet, so it's not like they're sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
If this game had never been changed from vanilla MK X, it would have had a very short life.
I understand this argument. The only way to remedy that without early patches is with a longer and more extensive testing stage during development.

Honestly I'm happy with the way things are going right now. They're letting the game live and seem to be supporting it over a longer period of time which is great. I just wish we didn't have to be post launch beta testers.

This is preposterous, Quan Chi needs it to be viable. #PoorhomieQuan. As a former Raiden Main, please NRS just delete the character, he is worthless.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I understand this argument. The only way to remedy that without early patches is with a longer and more extensive testing stage during development.

Honestly I'm happy with the way things are going right now. They're letting the game live and seem to be supporting it over a longer period of time which is great. I just wish we didn't have to be post launch beta testers.
You can't expect them to find everything. We're not post launch beta testers.

Just think of all they stuff they DID find that we don't even know about.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I thought that reversal back throw thing was proven false since it has the same frames as forward throw
It does technically, but it works differently in reversals for some reason. I'm not sure if they updated it since the patch, but I remember finding out it was the only thing that could consistently get me out of FT d1+d1 with tremor prepatch