What's new

Bad cops killing people again! (RIP John Crawford)

nwo

Noob
If you're white there's people out there who will fight for your 2nd amendment rights, don't worry.
You're falling for the divide and conquer race baiting tactics used by the mainstream media. The 2nd amendment is for everyone, no matter what race or color.

The real problem is that the media demonizes guns relentlessly and then everyone panics when they see a kid with an airsoft or pellet gun, or a neighbor loading a hunting rifle into their car.

trufenix

bye felicia
You're falling for the divide and conquer race baiting tactics used by the mainstream media. The 2nd amendment is for everyone, no matter what race or color.
A lot of things are for everyone, doesn't mean everyone gets them. The 2nd amendment is used as a brilliant shield to protect a very specific class of gun owner, nobody is saying gang bangers are exercising their second amendment rights when they rob a liquor store or do a home invasion.

The real problem is that the media demonizes guns relentlessly and then everyone panics when they see a kid with an airsoft or pellet gun, or a neighbor loading a hunting rifle into their car.
Uh, the "media" demonizes guns when psychopaths use them to kill people, innocently or otherwise. If that didn't happen, there'd be no demonization. There is no footage of wild guns stalking the countryside, raping wives and murdering children on their own to show.

nwo

Noob
Uh, the "media" demonizes guns when psychopaths use them to kill people, innocently or otherwise. If that didn't happen, there'd be no demonization. There is no footage of wild guns stalking the countryside, raping wives and murdering children on their own to show.
There are so many examples of store owners of ALL COLORS blowing away armed criminals and stopping attempted robberies. You don't really see these stories in the mainstream news very often.

Most people out in the country are armed, so of course you don't see as many psychopaths going crazy and abusing people.

A lot of things are for everyone, doesn't mean everyone gets them. The 2nd amendment is used as a brilliant shield to protect a very specific class of gun owner, nobody is saying gang bangers are exercising their second amendment rights when they rob a liquor store or do a home invasion.
There are many black gun store owners, black second amendment supporters and activists, black concealed carry holders, it's not even funny.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Reviewing the facts, this just seems like an unfortunate situation all around. Removing any biases and prejudgements, this is what you have:

-A man in a Walmart picks a pellet gun, which looks like a lethal weapon, up from the shelf.
-Walmart pellet weapons are sold in packaging. For some reason, this weapon was out of the packaging. So it looked like he was openly carrying a weapon in the store
-He was distracted and on the phone, which meant he was walking around in the store with the weapon out and swinging back and forth, not appearing to be checking out, heading towards checkout, etc.
-Someone who was probably frightened, called it in and notified the police that a man with a weapon was walking up and down the aisles of a store
-In general someone who is in fear for their own life, or other people's lives, is subject to exaggerate the situation or otherwise react emotionally, which the caller did
-The police believed they were responding to the highly dangerous situation of an armed man inside a department store (also remember, a man just stabbed a guard and then shot/killed a cop at a department store just a few weeks ago)
-When they arrived, the man, being distracted, didn't drop his gun, put his hands up, etc.

All in all, it's just an unfortunate and tragic situation. But I don't think it's automatically fair to assume racism, label them as 'bad cops', or otherwise jump to conclusions.

There was a Youtube prank crew that filmed a prank where they invite a girl and her date into a "friend's" car, and then pretend it's a stick up, hold them hostage, and see how the boyfriend reacts before they announce the prank and reveal the hidden camera. Someone called it in, and police responded. The crew correctly complied with all police requests and the situation was resolved peacefully. But if they hadn't, there could have been an entirely different outcome. Police don't always know the difference, and their instincts will always be to protect the rest of the civilians in the area.

In any case, my condolences go out to everyone involved. You wish this kinds of things didn't happen.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
All in all, it's just an unfortunate and tragic situation. But I don't think it's automatically fair to assume racism, label them as 'bad cops', or otherwise jump to conclusions.
Sigh

That's the weird thing with racism. Everybody knows it totally exists, but when you look at any specific situation like this, racism is never involved.
You can know that it exists, but when you look for it, it turns into something else. It doesn't exist when it's being observed, it just turns into "coincidence."

And your "facts" are not so much facts.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sigh

That's the weird thing with racism. Everybody knows it totally exists, but when you look at any specific situation like this, racism is never involved.
You can know that it exists, but when you look for it, it turns into something else. It doesn't exist when it's being observed, it just turns into "coincidence."

And your "facts" are not so much facts.
Trust me, I've seen my fair share of racism, and plenty of situations where I felt it was clearly involved. But no matter how you look at it, a man walking back and forth around a store with what appears to be a real weapon, being called in by a caller who is fearing the worse and exaggerating the situation in a way that causes police to believe that lives are at stake, is a setup for something bad to happen. Whether he is white, latino, asian, or anything else, I wouldn't advise anyone to pace around in a public store with something that looks like a lethal firearm.

Call racism all you want, but this wouldn't be the first time police have responded with force to someone carrying a lethal gun lookalike:
http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-man-shot-by-officer-had-bb-gun/article_d5b87e5c-9b30-5e18-9c19-97e66c9bad3b.html
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sunnyvale-Police-Homicide-Suspect-Glenn-Griggs-Molly-Anne-Franquemont-262153451.html
http://www.infowars.com/akron-man-shot-to-death-by-campus-police-during-traffic-stop/
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-18994167

It happens with Airsoft guns as well:
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/north/2014/06/09/Butler-man-fatally-shot-by-trooper-was-carrying-airsoft-gun/stories/201406090197
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/25309722/anniston-officers-fatally-shoot-man-armed-with-airsoft-gun

It's an unfortunate and tragic misunderstanding, but saying it only happened because of racist police indicates to me that people don't realize that this happens every year, often to white gun-holders regardless of their race.

Last edited:

carrion4worm

king of the underground
bringing race into EVERYTHING is a form a racism, is it not? Kid looked to be suspicious, be it black, white, or green...Shazzy

Shaazzyam

Trust me, I've seen my fair share of racism, and plenty of situations where I felt it was clearly involved. But no matter how you look at it, a man walking back and forth around a store with what appears to be a real weapon, being called in by a caller who is fearing the worse and exaggerating the situation in a way that causes police to believe that lives are at stake, is a setup for something bad to happen. Whether he is white, latino, asian, or anything else, I wouldn't advise anyone to pace around in a public store with something that looks like a lethal firearm.

Call racism all you want, but this wouldn't be the first time police have responded with force to someone carrying a lethal gun lookalike:
http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-man-shot-by-officer-had-bb-gun/article_d5b87e5c-9b30-5e18-9c19-97e66c9bad3b.html
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sunnyvale-Police-Homicide-Suspect-Glenn-Griggs-Molly-Anne-Franquemont-262153451.html
http://www.infowars.com/akron-man-shot-to-death-by-campus-police-during-traffic-stop/
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-18994167

It happens with Airsoft guns as well:
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/north/2014/06/09/Butler-man-fatally-shot-by-trooper-was-carrying-airsoft-gun/stories/201406090197
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/25309722/anniston-officers-fatally-shoot-man-armed-with-airsoft-gun

It's an unfortunate misunderstanding, but saying it only happened because of racist police indicates to me that people don't realize that this happens every year, often to white gun-holders regardless of their race.
Instead of throwing out a bunch of "It happens to white people, too" false equivalency spiel, let's break down what happened.

Crawford was standing there with the gun at his side.

Not pointing it.
Not brandishing it.

Just holding it with the barrel down.

Nothing he did in the security tapes was even close to illegal, even if it had been a "real" gun. All this contrary to the statement given by the caller, who later admitted, himself, that he lied to the 911 operator...for some reason.

Where was the justification to shoot? Watch the video. He didn't even have much time to respond. He's standing there, then he falls over. He had no reaction, aggressive or compliant, to the officers, or even any hint that he knew they were there. How is this even remotely defensible?

Crawford’s girlfriend, who was on the phone with him at the time of the shooting:

“We was just talking. He said he was at the video games playing videos and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were. And the next thing I know, he said ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him,” she said, adding: “And I could hear him just crying and screaming. I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”

But, no, race isn't the issue here./s

Last edited:
The really messed up thing about race is
A. It is an idea which has just grown and has led to many issues and etc
B. Black people didn't start racism, it was started by some europeans and etc. in the past who felt their race was better than Blacks
I might've worded something wrong and I could talk about "race" for a while, main point is, racism is a unfortunate thing that never should have been invented, but it is here to stay sadly and people have to deal with the effects of it all the time (stereotypes for example).

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Walking around in a Walmart is pretty suspicious. I bet the thug listens to rap music too.
with a gun in his hand? really? Kid shouldn't have to die, no doubt, but are you kids blind to the world you live in? Dr. Phil would tell you to "wake up!" Btw...black person/rap music quip IS a little racist.

Shaazzyam

with a gun in his hand? really? Kid shouldn't have to die, no doubt, but are you kids blind to the world you live in? Dr. Phil would tell you to "wake up!" Btw...black person/rap music quip IS a little racist.
Ohio is an open-carry state. He was not in the wrong to carry one, even if it was real.

Unfortunately, his only crime was "existing while black."

carrion4worm

king of the underground
no. you open-carry on your waist, in a holster. It's a family-oriented mega-store, for christsakes. All I'm saying is don't let your obvious anger at this terrible situation cloud your judgement. Do you really believe a white person with a gun would have been treated differently? Or are you saying you know the particular cop was biased against ALL black people? So-Cal must have a higher quality of white people than Charlottesville, VA, because around here whites get shot too!

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I think Shaazzyam was only showing how silly racist stereotypes are in general with the "the thug probably listens to rap music too" remark.

Zoidberg747

Ohio is an open-carry state. He was not in the wrong to carry one, even if it was real.

Unfortunately, his only crime was "existing while black."
Open Carry doesnt mean you can waive a gun around. I think the cop was totally in the wrong but I just wanted to clarify.

Shaazzyam

no. you open-carry on your waist, in a holster. It's a family-oriented mega-store, for christsakes. All I'm saying is don't let your obvious anger at this terrible situation cloud your judgement. Do you really believe a white person with a gun would have been treated differently? Or are you saying you know the particular cop was biased against ALL black people? So-Cal must have a higher quality of white people than Charlottesville, VA, because around here whites get shot too!
Open carry. Concealed carry. These are two different things.

But you're right, white people get treated the exaaact same:

\

What's your angle here? Like what are you trying to argue, that racism doesn't exist? I don't understand.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Quick, someone call the cops on all of those white people walking around with REAL guns! They probably listen to Elvis and Johnny Cash too!

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

Open carry. Concealed carry. These are two different things.

But you're right, white people get treated the exaaact same:

\

What's your angle here? Like what are you trying to argue, that racism doesn't exist? I don't understand.
This dude had the gun in his hand. That can be interpreted as a threat, and in all states that waives your open carry rights. The people in the photos you posted are wearing the guns, but if they started to hold them up they could possibly have the same thing happen to them.

This is all besides the point though, because the video obviously shows the guy putting down the weapon and not being a threat. Police officer was in the wrong here.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
I conceal carry. CONCEAL is the operative word and a major difference. Different businesses have different policies on allowing open carry...that's why in your clever photos no one is carrying a gun! That's called a "shouldered weapon" My "angle" is this: that kid didn't have a chance, no matter the color of his skin...they shot him down immediately. That's why all the racist people always scream "racism!"....they think about race too much in every circumstance. I'm white, my wife is black, and my kids (one your age) are of course mixed and beautiful. And that's how "race" should be...One Race.

Shaazzyam

Open Carry doesnt mean you can waive a gun around. I think the cop was totally in the wrong but I just wanted to clarify.
Well, technically it wasn't a real gun in the first place. He also threatened nobody. The caller lied.

Bottom line: An innocent man was gunned down like a dog because some piece of crap bigot racially profiled him and the cops came storming in expecting an armed thug. And nobody gets criminally charged after the fact?

The stench of this BS is so strong. Everything about this case is another reflection of deep seeded American racial issues.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
Shaazyam you your self are being racist. White cop shoots a black man and your first thought is its because he is black. If its that bad where you are living ever thought about moving.

Don't get me wrong this should not have happened. This cop should be charge and be put a way with murder.

Last edited: