What's new

Bad cops killing people again! (RIP John Crawford)

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Man being a cop put into that situation must suck hard. Just a question, why not take non lethal shots? Are they hard or...
There is no such thing as a "non lethal" shot. I am a trained SWAT sniper and former Marine and I still can't tell what is going to happen when my round enters your body. I can shoot you in your shoulder and have the round ricochet off your collar bone into your heart.

Aside from that officers are trained to shoot center mass. We are also trained to use deadly force when we need just that, death. If I am trying to be less than lethal I have taser, pepper spray, fists, ect.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
The only thing I can think of is simply cost. An entire police force armed with cameras, most likely shooting HD video, storage, would be a somewhat hefty expenditure that would most likely fall back on the tax payers.
It doesn't have to be Avatar levels of quality. Just clear enough to hear and see a general idea of what happened.

Cops already have dash cams, it would be pretty much the same thing except now they're wearing it.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
There is no such thing as a "non lethal" shot. I am a trained SWAT sniper and former Marine and I still can't tell what is going to happen when my round enters your body. I can shoot you in your shoulder and have the round ricochet off your collar bone into your heart.

Aside from that officers are trained to shoot center mass. We are also trained to use deadly force when we need just that, death. If I am trying to be less than lethal I have taser, pepper spray, fists, ect.
Ok thanks for clearing it up. I just know that a lot of people wonder it and think cops are always instantly shoot to kill types of people who aren't even intersted in incapacitation. But it's not easy and you never know what's gonna happen.

It doesn't have to be Avatar levels of quality. Just clear enough to hear and see a general idea of what happened.

Cops already have dash cams, it would be pretty much the same thing except now they're wearing it.
I'm all for it, I was just saying to me that seems the only feasible reason it would be passed on.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.

A lot of agencies are already using this. My department doesn't have them so I bought my own. It has saved me from SHIT LOADS of false accusations.

Also the mere presence of the camera on people will make them calm down. I personally love mine. I have said it before, the only PATROL officesr who dont like being recorded are the ones who have somthing to hide.

That being said other divisions simply cannot use them due to the sensitive nature of their activites. When Im on a SWAT raid I do not wear mine.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I totally think it's unfair that this man died for no reason, and the officer probably won't be held accountable. It's fucked up, but it's the world we live in. An officer however, doesn't have time to decide if someone's a threat or not. If you're walking around a supermarket aisle, with what appears to be a firearm in your hand, don't act surprised if somebody calls the cops on you. Granted, the officer should have at least yelled for the man to put the thing down and talk it out, but when you're in that situation, all politics, protocol, blah blah blah, gets replaced with pure adrenaline. Because you're thinking, "oh shit this dude is armed, he might turn around and shoot me in the face before I can react." You don't have time to sit there and determine if the weapon is fake. My question is why did he have a pellet gun that wasn't like in the package? You can see it in the video, like maybe somebody returned it and it never got repackaged, that's just stupid on Wal-Mart's part.

Except that's not what happened here. This man was shot in an open-carry state, so even if the airsoft gun he purchased at that very same Walmart was a real weapon, he still did nothing illegal.

The man was murdered. And it has everything to with race, trust me.

The fact that there was no indictment
is the real kicker.

Last edited:
Except that's not what happened here. This man was shot in an open-carry state, so even if the airsoft gun he purchased at that very same Walmart was a real weapon, he still did nothing illegal.

The man was murdered. And it has everything to with race, trust me.
I'm not disagreeing that this wasn't racial. But here's a quote on the open carry law in Ohio:

Permissive open carry states
A state has passed full preemption of all firearms laws. They do not prohibit open carry for all non-prohibited citizens and do not require a permit or license to open carry. Open carry is lawful on foot and in a motor vehicle. It must be noted that while open carry may be legal in such jurisdictions per se, persons openly carrying firearms may be detained and cited by law enforcement officials for disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace in certain locations and circumstances where openly carrying could cause public alarm.
Last sentence. Now judging by this, obviously he should have been detained at the most extreme circumstance. But considering all the crazy things happening lately, combined with the race issue, the situation spiraled out of control in the worst possible scenario.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Easy.

Cops should be mandated to wear cameras at all times.
Yeah, Im sure American citizens would love for their taxes to be raised to pay for that.

Edit: Might I add that you have the right idea, but it won't ever work because most upper class Americans are greedy A holes.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why did he pick up what looks like a real gun and take it with him to a completely different aisle / part of the store? And why was that on an open shelf anyway? And why did the Cop(s) shoot him for practically no reason? Was there no one watching the security cameras who could have told someone he picked that up off the shelf?

So much doesn't make sense here, but let's not be mistaken. The biggest mistake was shooting him. Like, AT LEAST shoot him in the leg or something, that's bad too but damn, innocent until proven guilty is a thing.

Then when that happens, turns out the dude had a real gun, shoots the officer dead.
If the guy has a gun and is threatening officers or other people with it how would deadly force not be justified in that situation? I am assuming officers are trained really well and know how to deal with someone who is rumored to have a weapon. This guy didn't have the weapon anymore and both hands were clearly visible yet he still shot the suspect.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
All of it would have been avoided if he was not walking around a wal mart with a military style bb gun. On camera it looks like he is checking to see if its loaded and working at the back of a store with no one around. And I'm sure it was wal mart or some one just walking by that called the cops. Most people would after seeing some one do that.

You can see the guy react to something then get shot. He looked more like wtf is going on.
He dropped the gun after shot were fired. But it was held with one hand pointed at the ground.

And the cop saw him jump and panicked. That looks more like a twitchy finger then a race problem. This was just handled so wrong. Just from that video this cop should be charged.

Last edited:

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
I love how people will say "Oh but you shouldn't walk around with a gun when you're black" when the law states that walking around with a gun is legal. So...the law is that cops don't have the right to kill (I'm going to use this word instead of shoot, because that's what happened) you if you're carrying & white, but if you're carrying & black then you deserve to die? If that is indeed the law (sure seems like it...) then it sure isn't stated that way, because the law implies that everyone has equal rights.

If America is going to have this racist mentality, then at least be straightforward about it. Fix the law & make it racist like how it is in the real world. Only then will people actually MAYBE see what's wrong about it. But as it is now, if you're a minority in many scenarios you don't realistically have the same rights as someone else.

1) If you're black & look threatening you deserve to be shot & killed. It's your fault why'd you put yourself in that scenario?

2) If you're Muslim & look like a terrorist you deserve to be arrested. It's your fault why'd you wear that Burka?

3) If you're Mexican, look illegal, & don't have ID on you then you deserve to be deported. It's your fault why didn't you have your ID?

So embarrassing that idiots will actually try to justify a man dying because he did something that was fairly stupid. Everyone has done something fairly stupid before. Does that mean we all deserve to die for it? Jesus Christ...

Also lastly, saying that all cops are bigots doesn't get us anywhere either. I'm black myself & I've lived in San Diego for over 15 years. Never had any trouble with police, have a perfect driving record, no problems at all. I've actually had the police help me several times (during the fires the police help people evacuate & help put out the fires). That said, where I live people fucking pay taxes & the police aren't dumb....they realize that we are funding their paycheck. That's yet another problem with this country, you have to pay for how well you're treated. Ever notice that all these scenarios happen in iffy areas? People say "Oh it's because they're black" & although many times that's partially true, it's also because poor people don't pay taxes. Same thing for healthcare, you have bad health coverage in this country & you get sick you're ABSOLUTELY FUCKED. Many times doctors who take people with shitty healthcare will purposely treat you like shit because you didn't pay as much as someone else. I recently had minor surgery on my nose (for breathing problems) & the bill was over $25,000. Because of our insurance we only had to pay 4K. Now tell me how someone is supposed to afford 25K when they have shit insurance that won't cover it? Plus since their insurance is garbage, the surgeon will "accidentally" mess up & you'll have to have another 10K follow up surgery. So many people in this country are just one health problem away from bankruptcy. That's the American way.

They honestly should just kill the police officer. I'm not completely for the "Eye for an eye" ideology, but some people are fucking stupid & can't see what they're doing is wrong until it's done to them. Every time a police officer kills a completely innocent man they should flip a coin & if it's tails kill the bastard. Maybe that'll make them less trigger happy.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I hope y'all do realize they do the same shit to white people...and I'm black lol

Cops will use any excuse to abuse power, though obviously being black we have to use much more precaution RIP

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Maybe if they stop hiring every punk that walks in the door we wouldn't have so many innocent people, regardless of color getting killed by cops. If you're going to be responding to tough situations you should have to meat certain physical and mental requirements imo. It would keep shit like this to an absolute minimum.

Throwing race into the equation just keeps people at each others throats. It should be the people vs the abuse of power not the people vs the people.

Stop letting scared individuals carry a badge and a gun. I believe all responsible citizens should be able to carry to protect themselves but only a select few should have the responsibility of enforcing law and responding to potentially dangerous situations. It's sad when a cop is so scared he has to shoot to kill a man who wont drop a knife or some other BS .

Last edited: