What's new

Bad cops killing people again! (RIP John Crawford)

187x

Noob
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/indictment-ohio-wal-mart-shooting-25728277

So i just saw this article in my news feed of a black man named 'John Crawford' being shot and killed in Walmart by police. For holding a pellet gun he picked up on the shelf, despite not aiming it at anyone.

This took place in Ohio. Ohio is a open carry state, so cops have no right to fire at someone for holding a firearm without finding more information. They're suppose to follow the script "put the weapon down and get on the ground" If they want to approach the Open Carry person for information.
Flat out murder!

Video

Why the hell would you walk around a store with a pellet gun that looks real, during these crazy times, ESPECIALLY if you're black (not racist, but the whole Ferguson thing is still boiling over)? He didn't deserve death for it by any means, but how fuckin' stupid can you be?

edit: I'm a dick about these kind of things. The cop is really fucked up for shooting the guy, don't get me wrong. But dude, it's 2014, people are fucking nuts, you have no idea if someone's holding a pellet gun, or a glock.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Why the hell would you walk around a store with a pellet gun that looks real, during these crazy times, ESPECIALLY if you're black (not racist, but the whole Ferguson thing is still boiling over)? He didn't deserve death for it by any means, but how fuckin' stupid can you be?

edit: I'm a dick about these kind of things. The cop is really fucked up for shooting the guy, don't get me wrong. But dude, it's 2014, people are fucking nuts, you have no idea if someone's holding a pellet gun, or a glock.
Dude was on the phone minding his own business.Do you really think he had" Oh. My. God.I'm black I should be black a little less so they don't think I'm a troublemaker or thug" on his mind....nope.They shot him for no reason and no being BLACK and having a pellet gun is not a reason to shoot someone without properly assessing the situation.

Also @Fractured_Shadow what's your opinion on this or are you tried of seeing this type of thing....

Dude was on the phone minding his own business.Do you really think he had" Oh. My. God.I'm black I should be black a little less so they don't think I'm a troublemaker or thug" on his mind....nope.They shot him for no reason and no being BLACK and having a pellet gun is not a reason to shoot someone without properly assessing the situation.

Also @Fractured_Shadow what's your opinion on this or are you tried of seeing this type of thing....
My point is that nobody walking by would assume it's a pellet gun. I live in Missouri, there are some skanky ass white trash folks here, who are all fucked up on meth and what have you. At the other end of the spectrum, there are black people that are just as violent and racist (that nobody ever seems to notice or talk about), if I saw someone like that walking around with what appeared to be a pistol, my first thought isn't "oh it's just a BB gun, no worries here!". The news only tells one side of the story too, I don't care if it's Fox, MSNBC, CBS, whoever. Anybody who believes what the news tells them is extremely ignorant in my eyes. I don't believe something unless I was there to see it.

Yes, this is a bad shoot. However, saying all cops are bad because of shootings like this is the same as saying all black people are bad because of gang violence. The news is there to report the bad news. They don't tell you about the numerous dead bodies we see every day, including children. They don't report those things because they want you to hate cops. And you do. And we keep on doing our jobs despite being spat on, threatened, having our families threatened, and being generally hated.

187x

Noob
Yes, this is a bad shoot. However, saying all cops are bad because of shootings like this is the same as saying all black people are bad because of gang violence. The news is there to report the bad news. They don't tell you about the numerous dead bodies we see every day, including children. They don't report those things because they want you to hate cops. And you do. And we keep on doing our jobs despite being spat on, threatened, having our families threatened, and being generally hated.
not all cops are bad. Nobody has said that! They're good cops and bad cops everywhere

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
My point is that nobody walking by would assume it's a pellet gun. I live in Missouri, there are some skanky ass white trash folks here, who are all fucked up on meth and what have you. At the other end of the spectrum, there are black people that are just as violent and racist (that nobody ever seems to notice or talk about), if I saw someone like that walking around with what appeared to be a pistol, my first thought isn't "oh it's just a BB gun, no worries here!". The news only tells one side of the story too, I don't care if it's Fox, MSNBC, CBS, whoever. Anybody who believes what the news tells them is extremely ignorant in my eyes. I don't believe something unless I was there to see it.
@187x Has a video posted up on the OP did you watch and if you did you can from your on conclusion on what really happened.Its the video that tells us the story not the MEDIA.

Reactions: nwo

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

I was wondering when somebody was gonna claim "not all cops".

I swear, that train is never late.

Also lol at assuming only black people are in gangs.

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.

This was a bad shoot. Period. Race SHOULD have little to do with it. More than likely we have a young officer who was too scared and made a poor choice.

Given the footage I have seen I would not have shot, however I don't know what the officer was told prior to his arrival or what words were exchanged between him and the armed subject, and I cannot stand Monday Arm Chair Quarterbacking.

I have nothing against cops as a whole but they need to be held to the same, if not a higher standard than the general populace. A cop shooting an unarmed person of any race should never be met with a suspension or paid suspension, but with a jail sentence. And that is what makes me the most angry about this, if there hadn't been video proof and a media shitstorm following this there would have been no further investigation and the officers probably would have just gotten a slap on the wrist.

@187x Has a video posted up on the OP did you watch and if you did you can from your on conclusion on what really happened.Its the video that tells us the story not the MEDIA.
I watched it. I'm not at all justifying the actions that the officer took. But if I walked into a gas station with a pellet gun, what do you think would happen? I hope the officer gets charged with murder, I really do. But all these stories do is incite ignorance and hatred. Being angry at the cop is not unreasonable, but there are thousands of events that occur every single day where it's a black dude killing a white dude, or a mexican killing an asian, all based on hate. Just half the time it doesn't make a good news story.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I have nothing against cops as a whole but they need to be held to the same, if not a higher standard than the general populace. A cop shooting an unarmed person of any race should never be met with a suspension or paid suspension, but with a jail sentence. And that is what makes me the most angry about this, if there hadn't been video proof and a media shitstorm following this there would have been no further investigation and the officers probably would have just gotten a slap on the wrist.
No, but like, bro I don't think you get it

Not all cops™

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
You know what would have caused a panic? Gun shots fired by cop at Wal-Mart. Not black guy standing in aisle on phone with weapon looking normal.