What's new

Your favorite character could not be in MKX

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
I'd hope to see Sheeva return but considering shes not as popular as alot of others thats a stretch. At the very least, i'd just like to see a small variety of grapplers on deck and im good.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't mind.
Gives them the chance to make much more interesting movesets like they did with Injustice.

So far, I like 4/4 of the new characters.

Since I like 2/30 of the 3D characters, this is a fantastic improvement.

PuLs4r

Noob
In the e3 demo when d'vorah does a fatality just after it there are skulls on the pier.one has like a gas\ninja mask on it....no noob saibot kabal or whoever its hinting at not sure what it could mean.....

I'm actually totally fine with little/no returning characters. We've been seeing them for like 20 years, time for some unique new characters and designs.

Espio

Kokomo
Luckily I wasn't really expecting my favorite characters to really come back.

However, I really am hoping that if they don't we get a footsie based counterzoner of some sort and a gun toting character with attitude.

Sheeva is still alive and could make a great grappler character/alternative to Torr. I'm hoping that the various character archetypes have multiple diverse options.

Espio

Kokomo
Luckily I wasn't really expecting my favorite characters to really come back.

However, I really am hoping that if they don't we get a footsie based counterzoner of some sort and a gun toting character with attitude.

Sheeva is still alive and could make a great grappler character/alternative to Torr. I'm hoping that the various character archetypes have multiple diverse options.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I don't think the select screen is anything to go by...they are around a year out still.
the comments have been that there is a mix of new and old and old being older in some cases and I guess offspring ...but if offspring are "new" then at least they have ties to older fighters...
I also think the DLC being returns sounds like a great idea for those that don't fit the story or are deadish and staying deadish...

But I do think anyone from the past who was not in MK9 may be gone forever...unless they would count them as new for some reason...

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Even if a lot of the older characters don't make it, I'd like AT LEAST 10
DLC characters for MK10. Have a classics pack or something of the sorts and have DLC stages too.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
And as for the Cage/Sonya topic, I can see them coming back because the story takes place right after MK9 and so on. And the only characters alive right after MK9 as far as Earthrealm warriors go is JC and Sonya.

trufenix

bye felicia
YEA LET'S FUCKING GO!!!

I'm willing to bet that the returning characters are ones who didn't die in MK9 Story. Reptile has a big chance of coming back seeing that aging probably won't affect him and he didn't die.
Don't get your hopes up. With 25 years and "aged characters" they could really write any excuse they want to bring anyone back. Just look at Sub. Either Noob got de-wraithed, Cyber got unroboted, or there's now a third Sub Zero brother. Either way, they'll have to explain how he could still be a young-middle aged dude 25 years later. I have my doubts that any of the pre-existing plotlines (4-A) will be relevant now.

Boo-fucking-hoo, you two. Ya don't like, don't bother with it.
If a lot of people dont like the new characters and they "don't bother with it' then those online matches and KOTH lobby's will be pretty empty.
So dont Boo-fing-hoo someones upset their favorite characters aren't in it.
My favorite game before MK was killed because the community died down

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
If Shang Tsung isn't in, Kotal Kahn will be my choise. If there are even more awesome characters being revealed, then god help me

trufenix

bye felicia
Fuck yeah!

I'd even take the unholy spawn of Sheeva and Kintaro(Let's face it, he's better then Goro in every possible way).
Goro's royalty, and he's got personality (at least as far as four armed dragon guys go). He can get whatever 4 armed broad he wants.