What's new

Your favorite character could not be in MKX

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
If they didn't die in MK9 than they should be in the game or have some sort of closure stating what happened to them. Otherwise that's not really fair to the fans.

I know MK fans are really touchy about there favorite characters but I think you guys are worrying a little too much. Goosfraba. Generally speaking getting rid of the majority of your cast isn't a good thing and I'm FAIRLY certain the devs especially boon know this because he commented on when SF3 tried it with 3s a while back and how he said he had something over them in the fact they kept their recurring characters.

Last edited:

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Considering smoke is an enjeru I have a slight hope with that he can return.

Stryker is dead, I hope he had an unknown son to carry on his legacy but I doubt it.

I both extremely loathe and respect Ed Boon right now. Respect because he had the balls to go through with it, and loathe because story should never dictate who is in a fighting game I don't care if they're dead. You call it "evolving" I call it bullshit both of my mains got removed for no good reason

Im tired of all this new characters BS.
Considering smoke is an enjeru I have a slight hope with that he can return.

Stryker is dead, I hope he had an unknown son to carry on his legacy but I doubt it.

I both extremely loathe and respect Ed Boon right now. Respect because he had the balls to go through with it, and loathe because story should never dictate who is in a fighting game I don't care if they're dead. You call it "evolving" I call it bullshit both of my mains got removed for no good reason
Boo-fucking-hoo, you two. Ya don't like, don't bother with it.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Boo-fucking-hoo, you two. Ya don't like, don't bother with it.
Really dude, I make one little comment that I'm a little upset my favorite characters are probably removed from the game and you turn into an agntogonistic little fuck? fuck this where is the block button. rather deal with that Zod zoner than you

Last edited:

Neuvost

Noob
I really like the new characters announced so far, and I'm okay with some of the old characters not making it back. Some of the old ones just aren't that cool, or don't fit with the MK theme all that well (Stryker? Fuck that shit character design). I'm biased though, since I'm confident my boy Ermac will be back because of the leaked art.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Old favorites will eventually be replaced by new favorites. By the time MK 11 rolls around, we'll be making the same threads: "will there still be room for D'Vorah??" and whatnot.
Yes, for example I'm wondering if Skarlet will be in :oops:. Now about the chars not getting a spot in this new MK, well, its name is MORTAL Kombat, so you should expect some deads buddies here and there, what would be the point of a MORTAL Kombat tourney if they all remain alive after the tournament? :D. But obviously I also want some people from MK9, this is all I ask NRS:
Ermac, Liu Kang, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Skarlet, Mileena, that's all.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Ed Boon has said that there will be many new characters MKX, and watching the 24 character spaces to make it clear that many classic MK characters will not be in this version of MK.

This worries me a bit, and you?

John Edwards said a lot of classic chars come back too... Who knows what "alot means...

Honestly, I've found that cast revamps tend to work more often than they don't.

Tekken did it in the transition from 2 to 3, and Tekken 3 is regarded as one of the greatest Playstation games ever to this day.

Soul Calibur did it with 4 to 5, and many acknowledge that gameplay-wise it's a lot better off. Granted, SCV has its critics, but the aspects that are critiqued the most pertain more to its rushed development rather than its cast revamp.

As mentioned, Street Fighter did it from 2 to 3, and that sub-series was well-received too (though granted, certain fan-favourites like Chun-Li were eventually brought back anyway)

I could see it working out well. After all, if your favourite character doesn't return, you can always stick with MK9.

Really dude, I make one little comment that I'm a little upset my favorite characters are probably removed from the game and you turn into an agntogonistic little fuck? fuck this where is the block button. rather deal with with that Zod zoner than you
Smoke and Shang Tsung are dead. I played them in MK9.

Johnny Cage is more than likely not in it because Baby Cage is. I played him in MK9.

Ermac is no where to be seen. He was my go to guy in MK9.

Do you see me complaining?

This guy gets it.
If either of my favorite characters aren't in, then I get over it and look for another one. It's that simple. It's a new game for a reason.

Ed Boon has said that there will be many new characters MKX, and watching the 24 character spaces to make it clear that many classic MK characters will not be in this version of MK.

This worries me a bit, and you?
its tough, but i also really appreciate some fresh faces. the favs are gonna be back one day, be it DLC, MK 11 or 12

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As long as I have someone who is a nod to Reptile, I don't give a damn.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I just want to see:

Liu Kang come back AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. And please do something different than Zombie this time. You pitted him against the Thunder God and he won. At minimum he should be like Raiden and Liu Kang combined as one into the Fire God Kang. That, or give him a Kabal-Esque design with a Hooded garment or robe, and have him still fight like Bruce Lee.

This with NUNCHUCKS. AND his B312 and safe on block strings. A Dark/Brutal fighter version of Liu kang would be SICK. Or you could make him some kind of Dragon Warrior, and let him keep his dragon fatality as an animality.

I also want to see Skarlet make a return. She was just lethal and awesome with her intense speed awesomeness.
Shang Tsung needs a chance to thrive again still, and same goes for Quan Chi. Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade should definitely still be in the game.

Cassie Cage could be like Stryker with some crazy Military Stance/Rushdown/Kartwheel strings.

Colares

Noob
Stryker is dead so police brutality is up for Jack Bauer.
Shang Tsung is up there with Scorpion and Sub zero not having appeared only on MK4.
i'll be sad to lose Rain, Jade and Sheeva. But life moves on. Only sfiv lives of the past.