What's new

Your favorite character could not be in MKX

RHCP

Noob
Well Cody, the thing is that they teased a Shinnok/MK4 ending at the end of MK9. So for years now with the success of MK9 I think most people assumed and were hyped for a MK4 storyline. If they do not reuse Shinnok then I will be a bit disappointed.

Cody

Noob
Do we know if they will confirm more characters today? Or that's it for now?
We don't know (though I'm going to assume that's it for now based on the demo only having those characters. Maybe they have footage from other characters set though).

Cody

Noob
Well Cody, the thing is that they teased a Shinnok/MK4 ending at the end of MK9. So for years now with the success of MK9 I think most people assumed and were hyped for a MK4 storyline. If they do not reuse Shinnok then I will be a bit disappointed.
When people assume, they're bound to be upset.

That being said, I think Shinnok will be in the game. He hasn't died yet, he's a fan favorite to my knowledge, and the game starts off directly after MK9, so there's still a chance for him. However, that does not mean, nor should anybody think it means, that Shinnok was confirmed for MKX. Those people, including myself, so don't think I'm just judging you or anybody else that thought that, that assumed Shinnok was part of the game, set themselves up for disappointment. The difference is that I realize that stories progress. MK9 may have been a somewhat of a reboot of MK-MK3, but in the end, the story changed. Therefore, as easily as it could be to just keep rebooting games to try and make them better, they could just as easily make "changing the past affects the future" a huge aspect of the game. People assuming that Shinnok being part of MKX is just as bad as people assuming that they're going to start off where MK4 began.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
You don't even know if they're fucking out of the game yet. Why the hell are you "loathing" him right now? Even so, the game's not really built around you, or me, or anybody else. Why the fuck does it matter to him if your mains are removed? His job isn't to make sure your mains are in the game, but to make the game good. I don't care if your fucking mains are Sub-Zero and Scorpion and they're taken out of the fucking game. There are always other characters, so fucking learn to use them.
..... Are you retarded?

Maasik

Noob
I'm okay with having a majority of the cast be new characters. I found most of MK9's roster to be boring honestly, most of my favorites come from MKD, MKA, MKDA anyways. As long as there is a ninja grappler I'll be happy though, and if not I'm sure I can find someone badass to fill the void.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
If we get mostly new characters this game then when will we get to see the classic characters come back? Will MK11 take place between MK9 and MKx and bring back the old classics? I'm just really not confident in the future of MK rosters.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
A lot of them came back though in Armageddon. :) In fact that's kinda of a trend in some other games, If I think about it.

Anyway I don't think it was so much as fuck new characters, new characters are great, IF these characters are quality game play, design, aesthetically etc.. the majority of characters of the 3d games I wouldn't throw into those categories. But then again the 3d games weren't exactly putting too much effort into that.
Yeah, the only 3D game I actually liked was MK4 b/c it was still in the times of Arcades whne you went somewhere to eat etc. I did buy MKD and MKA but to me 3D Mk like that was ehhh. So yeah NRS has to eventually make new characters regardless so this new generation can get into it.

Cody

Noob
I just want to point out that when somebody's dead, we shouldn't want them back. For example, Zombie Liu Kang was the worst thing to ever happen to that character.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Though I really want my Mileena back, I am not concerned about what characters are in the game. I have been playing Midway/NRS games since the beginning, so I have all the faith in the world that these new characters will be awesome. I am actually glad that they are giving the franchise a breath of fresh air, as opposed to more rehashed character models, move sets, and personalities. Since MK X is the 10th title in the franchise, they need a new direction and new faces.

I will not understand how any MK fan can be against what they have seen so far. This game will be very different than any other MK title, yes. But it's MK none the less. It looks amazing and innovative to me so far.

smoke420

Noob
If we get mostly new characters this game then when will we get to see the classic characters come back? Will MK11 take place between MK9 and MKx and bring back the old classics? I'm just really not confident in the future of MK rosters.
I think all the classic characters WILL come back... they will come back in mk 11, or mk12. remember, boon tweeted not too long ago something like " wouldn't you want to wait till 2017 for a REAL mk game ?" maybe he was talking about and ultimate MK with a full cast.. these new characters, and old classics.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Just so you guys know boon didn't confirm only 24 characters, and implied(slightly) otherwise, so don't get swampass just yet.

I am completely fine with most of the cast being new characters, I like seeing new character designs.

On that note, for the sake of familiarity I feel they should retain some of the more iconic characters that people think of when thinking about Mortal Kombat.

Characters I feel should return for the sake of being iconic:

- Scorpion
- Sub Zero
- Kitana
- Mileena
- Liu Kang
- Kung Lao
- Raiden

Characters I would like in the game that didn't make the cut for MK9:

- Fujin
- Shinnok
- Tanya
- Bo Rai Cho

New character that has been implied, that I would like to see in the game:

- Tremor

Some how he's alive and now he is an older,slower,fatter Stryker that almost can jump to interactables lol.
or maybe a Cyber-Stryker.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
i dont care too much, I'll find somebody fun to play either way and grow to love them as characters. I'm not a hard guy to please in that sense

Well my favorite characters are Mileena, Drahmin and Scorpion. One of them is in for sure, the other 2 are a maybe and a longshot. It is alright though because I am liking what I am seeing from D'vorah.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I feel like with the kind of technology they have now and the kind of creative freedom they have, a lot of shitters from DA -> A could actually become somebody special. Remember what they did for Jade and Stryker and even Sheeva in MK9 with a fresh coat of paint and a proper movelist. Guys like Dairou (Especially the two sword version that was never allowed to live), Drahim, Hotaru, Havik, and Ashrah who weren't exactly big fucking jokes but still came across that way cause of how stupid the games were might still be salvageable.
Jade and Sheeva were awesome to begin with, in my opinion. Stryker was even cool in his own way. Dairou is a shitter. Drahman is ok. Hotaru is a shitter. Havik is ok. Ashrah is a shitter. Just my opinion. I really like every character MK4 and prior. I've been playing since MK1 arcade days as a kid, so I might be biased.

aj1701

Noob
Yes, for example I'm wondering if Skarlet will be in :oops:. Now about the chars not getting a spot in this new MK, well, its name is MORTAL Kombat, so you should expect some deads buddies here and there, what would be the point of a MORTAL Kombat tourney if they all remain alive after the tournament? :D. But obviously I also want some people from MK9, this is all I ask NRS:
Ermac, Liu Kang, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Skarlet, Mileena, that's all.
They can be dead in the story but still playable in vs, don't see why that'd Becca problem.

aj1701

Noob
Smoke and Shang Tsung are dead. I played them in MK9.

Johnny Cage is more than likely not in it because Baby Cage is. I played him in MK9.

Ermac is no where to be seen. He was my go to guy in MK9.

Do you see me complaining?

This guy gets it.
You know its ok for people to have opinions or feelings that are different than yours right?

I'm ok with it. I want this series to grow and part of that is adding new characters. I'm sure I'll be introduced to many new favorites once I get my hands on this game.