What's new

Your favorite character could not be in MKX

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
This is what I keep saying, I don't think that many old characters will be back, I want to see at least half of that roster being brand new characters tbh, they look great and it provides a chance to introduce a new character everyone will want as part of their favourites.

Backfire

Noob
This worries me too. as long as the most iconic characters and some of my favourites make it in, it will be great.

(fingers crossed that Mileena & Kitana make it in there)

PS. I just dont feel like im going to care about any characters if i dont know them or if they arent the iconic characters from the series (Only Played MK,MKII,UMK3 and MK9 FYI)

Last edited:

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I would love to see no more than 9 or 10 new characters in that total 24 roster.
For me, the good news is that we've already seen four new ones (of the six already revealed). So I guess if the roster is something like 60% returning characters/40% new ones, we are going to hear more of classic fighters than the new ones.
Also, since Carrie Cage is confirmed to be a Cage/Sonya mixture, is it safe to say her parents are out of the game? Or maybe we're about to see Ken-Ryu-Akuma-Sakura etc stuff in MK for the 1st time?

PS: As the story goes on, Shinnok and Kang are going to be the big bosses.

Mileena rightfully should - she's never shown being killed, and 25 years is nothing by Edenian standards! :p

Kitana is more of a stretch, but perhaps a successor with a very similar fighting style could work? Ditto with Liu Kang.

However, it's also not necessarily true that MKX will only have 24 characters. The older Tekken games, for example, would only show the ten starter characters, but once you unlocked everyone, you'd have 23, but none of those extra characters would appear on the select screen.

I would love to see no more than 9 or 10 new characters in that total 24 roster.
For me, the good news is that we've already seen four new ones (of the six already revealed). So I guess if the roster is something like 60% returning characters/40% new ones, we are going to hear more of classic fighters than the new ones.
Also, since Carrie Cage is confirmed to be a Cage/Sonya mixture, is it safe to say her parents are out of the game? Or maybe we're about to see Ken-Ryu-Akuma-Sakura etc stuff in MK for the 1st time?

PS: As the story goes on, Shinnok and Kang are going to be the big bosses.
As much as it pains me to say it, yeah, looks like Papa and Mama Cage won't be in if Baby Cage is in.

I'm guessing the next "hybrid" character will be a mix of Liu Kang and Kung Loa, assuming Liu isn't the boss.

EDIT: I also made a thread just like this one a while ago. Mine was something like "Your favorite character probably isn't returning". Guess I was half right. Seems this new one is gonna be more focused on the new blood. But, to my dismay, Sub-Zero's somehow back from the dead. I wonder what convoluted plot twist is responsible for that. :coffee:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I've heard no Cyborgs anyway, so I didn't think I had a high chance at Cyrax or Smoke. I also love Cage and I think having his and Sonya's daughter is a cool way to make a new character and nod to older games.

I'm more than worried tbh…
Scorpion and Subzero are here (of course). Good thing. If Raiden, Kitana, and Liu Kang make it as well, I'll be good but have a heavy heart..

Now, in case we see some secondary characters who are connected to the iconic ones (Smoke to Sub, Jade and Mileena to Kitana), I'm gonna be ready for the big step.

My first and huge disappointment is JC's and Sonyas absence. I hate them, but they are MORTAL KOMBAT. Oh, and i don't give a fuck about Cassie.

EDIT: One of the robots should be there too. Even in human form. So what? the whole Lin kuei Mythos disappears in favor of the new story? No fuckin'way

Backfire

Noob
Scorpion and Subzero are here (of course). Good thing. If Raiden, Kitana, and Liu Kang make it as well, I'll be good but have a heavy heart..

Now, in case we see some secondary characters who are connected to the iconic ones (Smoke to Sub, Jade and Mileena to Kitana), I'm gonna be ready for the big step.

My first and huge disappointment is JC's and Sonyas absence. I hate them, but they are MORTAL KOMBAT. Oh, and i don't give a fuck about Cassie.

EDIT: One of the robots should be there too. Even in human form. So what? the whole Lin kuei Mythos disappears in favor of the new story? No fuckin'way

I dont mind Cassie tbh i like that they are going in a new direction but I want to see some more of the classics return too. (Kitana,Mileena,Kung Lao (no matter how much i hate him),Scorpion, Sub Zero,Shang Tsung etc)

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Ed Boon has said that there will be many new characters MKX, and watching the 24 character spaces to make it clear that many classic MK characters will not be in this version of MK.

This worries me a bit, and you?
Watching the character selection screen? These are obvious placeholders dude...

Fuck yeah, bring back Cyrax but in both Human and Cyborg form. He starts out as Cyborg and is then eventually turned back to Human.

Kai, Love child of Liu Kang and Kung Lao (ewww)
Breh, give Kai a chance. He like Fujin and Reiko had a lot of potential in MK4. He just needs the right treatment.