What's new

General/Other - Kitana XL Kitana General Discussion

Tweedy

Noob
I've looked around a little and I don't see any frame data on EX sharpen.

If anyone has it or can point me in the right direction, that'd be cool mane.

Royal Storm/Assassin are very mixed. I personally like Assassin the best though. I've heard many from both sides
Her variations are interchangeable. Rs and assassin can be argued to be #1. But all 3 of her variations cover her bad mus.
For the most part, you'll be using RS or Assassin, then using mournful when it comes to MUs like Ferra Torr and Sub

And yea she can combo into ex sharpen and keep the combo going
Thanks guys, also what would be like her sharpen>combo?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Khaotik, her shadow kick is -6 on block. I tested today and reversal ex spin can't punish it. (I remember you said her shadow kick is -8 somewhere so I just want to correct you)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yes, but I think @xKhaoTik forgot to update his MKX so he thinks it's -8 :DOGE He also thinks assasin rush on hit into normal sharpen is punishable, which was then corrected by me :DOGE
Man I swear it was -8 lol. But I'm still right, I'm still punishing it with raiden f1, reptiles slide and Shinnok f4.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Is ex spin 6f? Even if it is, it still has travel time. Ex slide travel time is the fastest in the game so it has no problem punishing it.
ex spin is 7f. I forgot to test Goro's command grab, it has 8f startup and instant travel time, or Cassie's 7f reversal flip. Reptile ex slide is the absolute fastest reversal with 6f startup but it's not "fair" to test anything with it. Anyway, if her shadow kick is safe against Goro's command grab then it's not -8 on block

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Maybe it's a little early to be asking this as it's only been a week, but what match-ups have changed significantly since the patch and hotfix? Not asking match-up numbers per say, just general impressions everyone has after getting a good feel for her new buffs, the general gameplay changes, etc.

For example, I feel the Relentless Jason match-up got worse for Kitana. Biggest reason being armor on Mist teleport. Before you could bait a teleport by delaying fan tosses so that if they do teleport, it comes out as lift and connects. I by no means think Jason wins the match-up now, but it does feel more even now.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Maybe it's a little early to be asking this as it's only been a week, but what match-ups have changed significantly since the patch and hotfix? Not asking match-up numbers per say, just general impressions everyone has after getting a good feel for her new buffs, the general gameplay changes, etc.

For example, I feel the Relentless Jason match-up got worse for Kitana. Biggest reason being armor on Mist teleport. Before you could bait a teleport by delaying fan tosses so that if they do teleport, it comes out as lift and connects. I by no means think Jason wins the match-up now, but it does feel more even now.
Relentless can catch these Glaives all day.

Cryo-Sun is stupid now but Mournful covers that. Once he's full to mid screen it's your game.

Lao anit ahit.

Pewdator is still stupid but at least you can bait ExStab cause most want two bars so they can convert from it.

Lui Lang seems easier with Assassin. F22u4xxfloat, pans, PARRY MOTHERFUCKA!!! FeelsGoodMan