What's new

General/Other - Kitana XL Kitana General Discussion

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
can't get the rc d1 to land after the f22u4 fan exsharp.

Last edited:

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
Yea I stopped when I read xKhaoTik say that in the previous general thread. I just couldn't find where it went so I asked here but found the info there. It only does 3percent more than the regular bnb.

Espio

Kokomo
I think the coolest buff nobody's talking about is her six frame down 3. This gave her 2,1 frame trap some teeth it was lacking before. In the past, the opponent could trade or beat out follow ups, but with this change you can condition them to block/respect your down 3 and it's super safe. If it hits you can potentially get a back 1, 4/2 check or maybe 2,1. Throws and sustained offense are definitely improved.

Dealing with heavy pressure will be more bearable so certain troublesome match ups will be less of a hassle.

It's amazing what a simple poke change can do for a character.

Last edited:

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
True. I can honestly say I don't think Kitana needs anything. Except a new costume. Jk.

And for anyone playing a character with like 3 costumes or a DLC character that is easily offended, that was a joke.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I think the coolest buff nobody's talking about is her six frame down 3
It has horrible range. Try counterpoking Jax, Johnny or D'vorah with that.....11 and 2 is +2 on block too, but if they block 11 or 2 your d3 will whiff most of the time. At least d3 has much better hit advantage.

Espio

Kokomo
It has horrible range. Try counterpoking Jax, Johnny or D'vorah with that.....11 and 2 is +2 on block too, but if they block 11 or 2 your d3 will whiff most of the time. At least d3 has much better hit advantage.
But nobody mentioned using 1,1 or 2 into it so I'm not really sure what that has to do with 2,1 getting improved? It works for 2,1, which is her most commonly used frame trap. You can't change the topic of what someone is actually discussing to try to say they're mistaken.

If they're doing extremely plus run cancels nobody can poke out regardless of how fast or long ranged their low poke is so I'm not really sure what that proves either. The range isn't godlike, but it's definitely fine. Prior to this when people were at minus 1 or even up to minus 3 like Fang spin from Dragon Fangs Goro, she could most of the time at best trade, but now she can actually reverse the scenario and even if she's wrong she's safe.

Nobody is saying it's the best down 3 in the game, but it definitely has significantly improved for dealing with pressure and improving frame traps, which is objectively true.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I think the coolest buff nobody's talking about is her six frame down 3. This gave her 2,1 frame trap some teeth it was lacking before. In the past, the opponent could trade or beat out follow ups, but with this change you can condition them to block/respect your down 3 and it's super safe. If it hits you can potentially get a back 1, 4/2 check or maybe 2,1. Throws and sustained offense are definitely improved.

Dealing with heavy pressure will be more bearable so certain troublesome match ups will be less of a hassle.

It's amazing what a simple poke change can do for a character.
Her D3 now is so ridiculously good I sometimes laugh extremely hard during my matches, I shit you not. I'll usually do 2,1, then a d3 to poke and repeat this a few times. It opens people up so consistently that I can't help but laugh. I'll throw in a few D3s randomly and people get hit by them at least 2-3 times in a row and I just laugh.

The range is horrible but it's really helpful now, especially against pressure characters. If they were to ever adjust the range id imagine it would look similar to Cassie or mileenas d3

True. I can honestly say I don't think Kitana needs anything. Except a new costume. Jk
She needs a mask in Royal storm :p

I love how nobody is talking about how amazing ex run is now, that was a god send
Did they buff her run speed? Last night a friend was on his last pixel, and I just ran up from full screen and did a d1 into fan and he was saying how fast it was. I guess I haven't noticed.

Is there a legit reason to burn meter on ex lift with assassin or mournful?
There isn't, but it does add damage unlike the Royal storm variation. I'd only suggest it for someone who can't do her b1,4 into ex fan run cancel. After the fan uplift you can do an njp and proceed with a fan combo for similar damage.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Did they buff her run speed? Last night a friend was on his last pixel, and I just ran up from full screen and did a d1 into fan and he was saying how fast it was. I guess I haven't noticed.
run speed is the same, now you don't have to guess if you armored through a projectile at the right time