What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master XL Drunken Master Discussion Thread

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Feel like I've gotten pretty solid with Bartitsu to the point where I can play most people but man cracking into Drunken master is rough I feel like drinking is never safe except off only a couple of moves one of which, df1, I have to be
level 2 to use.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
In my opinion DM is about the setplay. His ability to go into sexy pose without being drunk from b4 is really good and I find in many matchups it's just not worth it to try to drink unless you want to EX fatpedo. Once you get that fart in though it's party time.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
Feel like I've gotten pretty solid with Bartitsu to the point where I can play most people but man cracking into Drunken master is rough I feel like drinking is never safe except off only a couple of moves one of which, df1, I have to be
level 2 to use.
Drink is safe off of throw if cancelled, exbf4 (if cancelled properly you will face away from the opponent) is safe but i don't think its plus against wakeups, and any Monkeyflips vs an airborne opponent where the last flip hits is a safe drink from the hard knockdown.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Drink is safe off of throw if cancelled, exbf4 (if cancelled properly you will face away from the opponent) is safe but i don't think its plus against wakeups, and any Monkeyflips vs an airborne opponent where the last flip hits is a safe drink from the hard knockdown.
I know but what I was saying is you're options are really limited. Seriously you should be safe off monkey flips in general the fact that you're not is baffling to me.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
I know but what I was saying is you're options are really limited. Seriously you should be safe off monkey flips in general the fact that you're not is baffling to me.
True, the real solution is to get used to playing without drinking for a while. once you get used to it as a secondary thing to winning with dm you are a lot free-er to play in the dm style. i generally dont start drinking until i land a fart combo or groundpound setup. The real problem with drinking is that you no longer get to take your time to make your decisions, you have about 4 seconds to make something land into another setup before you will get timed out mid combo before your next drink. Thats why i think puke should reset the timer, or just make drink cancellable into mediation to lower recovery. Or make meditation immune to puke hangover.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I posted on the general discussion thread a dm tech, if you end a round with grab canceled into drink it will result in drunk for the following round

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I posted on the general discussion thread a dm tech, if you end a round with grab canceled into drink it will result in drunk for the following round
Yeah I think that was found just after release. It doesn't really help anything IMO, it just forces you to find a drink quick.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
level 2 to use.
Df1 isn't even safe in the corner ;-;

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
I'm starting to try end a combo in f1 or an extra 2 1 then jump backwards to reset the drink still in labbing stages but I think I can get it happening at some point eventually. Anybody tried anything similar and can tell me if its worked for them or something.

SwegZero

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO
Drunken Master is an interesting concept, but it's gimmick is dumb and it leaves you open for a full kombo if it runs out. It's a pain to keep track of a ten second timer that's pretty much just a time bomb for you. Other than that, it's combos are decent and it can get up to 30% pretty easily. Also, amazing brutality.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
No drink, Lvl 1 n 2, on hit
Thought about it this morning
Havent had time to lab it until i get home in few min

Last edited:

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Also think puke jails into puke
Turns out f2 is a 15 frame move. . . i have to layoff the skunk :/

Last edited: