What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master XL Drunken Master Discussion Thread

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Man i REALLY have to condition myself to start drinking at opportune moments of kombat...

Its almost like a forget to take a drink because im afriad of getting hit with something on wake up or cant because of opponent character pressure..

I also had no idea how odd this post sounds out of actual context...

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.

Reset drink mid combo after ex stomp setup from previous combo. Can also be done with low starter (gaurenteed) and the double overhead starter (not guaranteed). If blocked can go into meditate roll backwards then jump backwards and no risk of vomit. Thoughts.?

BanTheTesters

Silly question but In your Video You vs Madzin's alien what input are the two punches into fart that you did at the 0:27-029 mark? Is it 1 1 or was it a different starter string or? I ask cause i have not been playing Bo for very long etc.

BanTheTesters

that was 1 2 string
Ah ok so that was his 12 12 string?

Odd i thought that didnt connect like that last time i tried it( i thought that wouldn't connect and just drops the oponent out of the combo before you can input fart) , thanks for the info!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Some thoughts and things I've noticed recently.

df1/Multi Punch jails off d1 on block. D4 will jail at range but not max range. d4~df1 jails from the distance you are left at after a blocked df1 in the corner but not much farther.

Vomit spray(level 1/2 puke) is actually very useful as an ender in the corner for it's non knockdown hit advantage. I believe b1 is guaranteed.

B4~sexy stance~2 jails on block and does 3.8% chip.

B4~sexystance~3 jails on block at max range. Closer then that there is a gap but does 4.2% chip, breaks some armors and can't be poked out from what I can tell.

The last two are good to know in low health situations.

myri

Time Warrior
Do you think Bo should only lose his drink when he gets hit and otherwise stays drunk indefinitely?

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.

Reset drink mid combo after ex stomp setup from previous combo. Can also be done with low starter (gaurenteed) and the double overhead starter (not guaranteed). If blocked can go into meditate roll backwards then jump backwards and no risk of vomit. Thoughts.?
This is very interesting stuff i would love to see some more of this

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Some thoughts and things I've noticed recently.

df1/Multi Punch jails off d1 on block. D4 will jail at range but not max range. d4~df1 jails from the distance you are left at after a blocked df1 in the corner but not much farther.

Vomit spray(level 1/2 puke) is actually very useful as an ender in the corner for it's non knockdown hit advantage. I believe b1 is guaranteed.

B4~sexy stance~2 jails on block and does 3.8% chip.

B4~sexystance~3 jails on block at max range. Closer then that there is a gap but does 4.2% chip, breaks some armors and can't be poked out from what I can tell.

The last two are good to know in low health situations.
D4xxdb1 is good for meter building
B4 into 2 is good but aint it hella punishable?
Wait a min, df 1
Nvm

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I just thought of something and thought I'd ask the Bommunity.

If I'm fighting against Drunken Master, and I knew that he's going to puke in a couple of seconds but I'm comboing him... Could I just MB throw him then as soon as he recovers from that, he pukes and I get another guarnteed combo?

myri

Time Warrior
I just thought of something and thought I'd ask the Bommunity.

If I'm fighting against Drunken Master, and I knew that he's going to puke in a couple of seconds but I'm comboing him... Could I just MB throw him then as soon as he recovers from that, he pukes and I get another guarnteed combo?
Dunno but I could found out for you.

myri

Time Warrior
Well it seems like you can but you have to get the timing spot on, if they are in recovery frames from the meter burn throw they won't vomit, only if the timer runs out when they are back at neutral will they vomit. If you're too soon they can jump and avoid the vomit. Seems pretty unlikely to work consistently, especially considering that you're spending bar, doesn't seem worth it.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Was just wondering. Maybe there's a combo if you punish him for accidentally doing a raw drink. Idk, just seemed like a cool thing when I thoguht of it lol

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
Was just wondering. Maybe there's a combo if you punish him for accidentally doing a raw drink. Idk, just seemed like a cool thing when I thoguht of it lol
Its better as a blockstring than risking an escape for a bar. so you see him take a drink, go in and dont even worry about a mixup, just do the longest blockstring you know, a delay string, pokes, anything to force him to block until the timer goes off. As long as you are ready to convert off of the hangover punish. close range poking is also effective because they, as the bo player, are more nervous about the hangover than you are. This will often make dm bo nervous and kind of desperate to get away/drink. Usually you will get your free combo by the end.