What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master XL Drunken Master Discussion Thread

Inb4 you jump like a maniac when the timer is about to run out.
The timing is strict and you could just as well vomit when you land of it isn't timed correctly..

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Inb4 you jump like a maniac when the timer is about to run out.
The timing is strict and you could just as well vomit when you land of it isn't timed correctly..
Lol so many times I did this. Never bothered to pay attention to the clock that is on screen.

Now that's is some DM tech everyone should learn

Lol so many times I did this. Never bothered to pay attention to the clock that is on screen.

Now that's is some DM tech everyone should learn
Yeah, that and learning to drink on the 8th/9th second so that you don't get cancelled out of the drinking animation.

It's gonna take me awhile to understand DM's pressure. I assume its mainly strings ending in DB1/2, occasionally cancel to Fart to continue pressure, cancel strings to Meditate into rolls and doing DB3 in place of strings with an overhead portion in it.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
It's gonna take me awhile to understand DM's pressure. I assume its mainly strings ending in DB1/2, occasionally cancel to Fart to continue pressure, cancel strings to Meditate into rolls and doing DB3 in place of strings with an overhead portion in it.
Its unfortunate but BRC doesnt really have any good nuetral pressure. If your opp is blocking low and reacting to the monkey flips aswell then your best bet is string into roll away and be safe. Or if you have the bar then counterpoke with bump and dump.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Its unfortunate but BRC doesnt really have any good nuetral pressure. If your opp is blocking low and reacting to the monkey flips aswell then your best bet is string into roll away and be safe. Or if you have the bar then counterpoke with bump and dump.
Reacting to the monkey flips? That is definitely not possible.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Your very right but let me explain.
Ending strings in monkey flips is reactable because meditate is reactable. So block high until you see medititate.
Something being reactable means you can react to whatever attack you've specified. As you say it now, meditate is the move that's reactable, not monkey flips.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Your very right but let me explain.
Ending strings in monkey flips is reactable because meditate is reactable. So block high until you see medititate.
That's a fuzzy guard of sorts.

You need to be replacing your string lows with the monkey flips. B2~DB3, b2,3~db3, 2~db3, 2,4~db3. I think that's his best option at the moment.

Hit em with that 50/50 cheese and get them panicking. The problem then lies in you having to sacrifice your OKi for a drink

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
The otherday i was playing a devora player and twice, monkeyflips wiffed completely in the corner while she crouched block? Anybody expirience this?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The otherday i was playing a devora player and twice, monkeyflips wiffed completely in the corner while she crouched block? Anybody expirience this?
I just messed around with this on a couple characters and it seems like the second hit of Monkey Flips can whiff on female characters who are ducking or crouch blocking. Corner or no corner. It's space dependent though I don't think they could int your monkey flips in a blockstring or anything. If you space it where the first flip whiffs it's easy to recreate.

Maybe what happened was that you tried to do a meaty monkey flip on opponents wakeup, and the first hit whiffed. Then your opponent crouched, making it look like both hits whiffed on crouch when only the second did. You can recreate that in the corner pretty easily as well.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I just messed around with this on a couple characters and it seems like the second hit of Monkey Flips can whiff on female characters who are ducking or crouch blocking. Corner or no corner. It's space dependent though I don't think they could int your monkey flips in a blockstring or anything. If you space it where the first flip whiffs it's easy to recreate.

Maybe what happened was that you tried to do a meaty monkey flip on opponents wakeup, and the first hit whiffed. Then your opponent crouched, making it look like both hits whiffed on crouch when only the second did. You can recreate that in the corner pretty easily as well.
Well thats unfortunate. Going to have to corectly time these monkey flips then.