What's new

General/Other - Cyrax XL Cyrax Discussion Thread

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Don't forget this. Hype set from the brothers as always. And this is Mustard coming up with on the spot lowdamage combos. Imagine him after he's had time to get some practice in.
Edit: Whoops posted the same video from a different channel :p

huh

Noob
Lmao, ignore this guy^^^
Mustard made top 8 with him AFTER THE PATCH on hypespotting.

@wsj515
Explendid mind game Mustard played at 1:48. After the NJK and low bomb, Ketchup was conditioned to block low, expecting the b3d4. Mustard did the overhead b1 instead, getting a full 31% combo into the setup again.

The full combo was: low bomb, b1~db1 (early, when the opponent is conditioned to block low), tech roll, 114~ex db1, dash, njp, njk (31%)

That was pretty, the counter - counter move for the HTB

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
There is no such thing. He's dead and gone; effectively removed from the game through excessive nerfs.
This is far from the truth, quit downplaying he is a solid Mid tier character, and is tournament viable.

Lmao, ignore this guy^^^
Mustard made top 8 with him AFTER THE PATCH on hypespotting.
obviously Cyrax is not removed from the game, he is lower and struggles alot more, but he is viable with pocket characters.

to be fair those videos where only a couple days after patch, and he didn't fight the whole cast, plus noone truly knows the matchup at that time.

props to PND Mustard and MAdzin

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
This is far from the truth, quit downplaying he is a solid Mid tier character, and is tournament viable.

obviously Cyrax is not removed from the game, he is lower and struggles alot more, but he is viable with pocket characters.

to be fair those videos where only a couple days after patch, and he didn't fight the whole cast, plus noone truly knows the matchup at that time.

props to PND Mustard and MAdzin
Just because Mustard can win with him doesn't mean he's not a bottom 10 variation in the game. He has no advantages over anyone in the cast and has significant disadvantages against the majority of the cast. His being a very bad character tool/damage wise because of the nerfs is independent of how well any professional does with him. I love Cyrax, I was a Cyrax main through every Mortal Kombat since 3 including 3D era games, but up playing him won't help our cause. Everyone needs to know how bad he is so he has a chance of getting buffed.

MadeOfMetal

Just because Mustard can win with him doesn't mean he's not a bottom 10 variation in the game. He has no advantages over anyone in the cast and has significant disadvantages against the majority of the cast. His being a very bad character tool/damage wise because of the nerfs is independent of how well any professional does with him. I love Cyrax, I was a Cyrax main through every Mortal Kombat since 3 including 3D era games, but up playing him won't help our cause. Everyone needs to know how bad he is so he has a chance of getting buffed.
maybe we can swap ideas:
do some sets hit practice mode together and blah blah.

Here is my bros GT:

ESG Jagged

soon ill be taking his xbox and changing the name to MadeOfMetal

but until then hit me up on ESG Jagged on XBox One

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
maybe we can swap ideas:
do some sets hit practice mode together and blah blah.

Here is my bros GT:

ESG Jagged

soon ill be taking his xbox and changing the name to MadeOfMetal

but until then hit me up on ESG Jagged on XBox One
Lol dude why are u ashamed to admit that esg jagged=madeofmetal?

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
@xxFalcon Loverxx Do you think Cyrax has any winning match ups and if so against who?
I'm not experienced enough with him against every single character to say that he wins lots of match-ups, so far i've played with people and i'm doing fine with cyrax. I'm doing completely fine with cyrax, the match-ups i've had most experience with are: Special Forces Sonya, Sektor, Mystic Ermac, Hollywood Cassie, Balanced Kenshi, Possessed Kenshi and Konjurer Alien. All of these feel like 5-5 match-ups to me. I'm going to need to get more sets with more players. I feel like cyrax beats kenshi 6-4.

I was pretty dang vocal about how bad the nerfs were, but after some lab time I found out that some of the stuff they said was gone actually wasn't. Drastic frame adv. reduction aside, the whole "only thee bombs per combo" thing is just absolutely false. You can still get mid 30% meterless and like 37% meterless off jump ins, plus you can still land 4 air bombs, build meter, and and chew up tons of time in a single combo.

MadeOfMetal

I was pretty dang vocal about how bad the nerfs were, but after some lab time I found out that some of the stuff they said was gone actually wasn't. Drastic frame adv. reduction aside, the whole "only thee bombs per combo" thing is just absolutely false. You can still get mid 30% meterless and like 37% meterless off jump ins, plus you can still land 4 air bombs, build meter, and and chew up tons of time in a single combo.
i gotta ask, people keep saying they are getting 4 hover bombs in one combo, and i missfire after the 3rd, i can get 3 hovers and 3 lows but not a 4th?

how are you doing it?

here is the swaggiest combos i have been doing recently, its not my top damage but its fun to do.

xxFalcon Loverxx

i gotta ask, people keep saying they are getting 4 hover bombs in one combo, and i missfire after the 3rd, i can get 3 hovers and 3 lows but not a 4th?

how are you doing it?
I have a 6 bomb swaggy combo, i don't know whats up with your bombs. I'm able to do 4 bombs just fine. F21 xx BF1, RC, DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DF2, 114 xx DD3, Walk Back, F13 xx DB3, Walk Back, 21 xx DD3, D2, B2, 4 xx DB4 = 33%
You can do 4 hovers: F21 xx BF1, RC, DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DF2, 114 xx DD2, D2, DB3, Walk Back, 21 xx DD3, NJP, B2, 4 xx DB4 = 33% maybe you are inputting the same type of bomb as the 3rd one?

BowsersDad

Low tier
I think the 4th hover bomb only comes out if it's a close bomb (db2). But yea, Cyrax isn't as bad as we thought at first, it just takes more work to pull of the damage, and you have to condition the opponent more to open them up.

MadeOfMetal

I have a 6 bomb swaggy combo, i don't know whats up with your bombs. I'm able to do 4 bombs just fine. F21 xx BF1, RC, DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DF2, 114 xx DD3, Walk Back, F13 xx DB3, Walk Back, 21 xx DD3, D2, B2, 4 xx DB4 = 33%
You can do 4 hovers: F21 xx BF1, RC, DF2, F43, DF2, F43, DF2, 114 xx DD2, D2, DB3, Walk Back, 21 xx DD3, NJP, B2, 4 xx DB4 = 33% maybe you are inputting the same type of bomb as the 3rd one?
yes thank you.

i don't know why but im having issues with NJP after combo, i don't know if its cuz his NJP is 14 frames of startup, or what but all i know is i feel like im stuck.

also i must be doing the timing wrong but i can't walk back either after throwing a bomb, does it only work with a specific bomb?

do you have XBOX?

my gamer tag is ESG Jagged

xxFalcon Loverxx

yes thank you.

i don't know why but im having issues with NJP after combo, i don't know if its cuz his NJP is 14 frames of startup, or what but all i know is i feel like im stuck.

also i must be doing the timing wrong but i can't walk back either after throwing a bomb, does it only work with a specific bomb?

do you have XBOX?

my gamer tag is ESG Jagged
Sorry man, i play ps4. You can walk back after all versions of bombs, you have enough recovery frames.

MadeOfMetal

Sorry man, i play ps4. You can walk back after all versions of bombs, you have enough recovery frames.
so basically i was doing a bomb, then hitting them into it, then i was waiting for xplosion to launch another bomb.

what i needed to do was, throw bomb throw another bomb hit them into first one then back up and do what you showed me.. anyways thanks:)