What's new

General/Other - Cyrax XL Cyrax Discussion Thread

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
this variation is fun as fuck to play (minus the b2/low snooze fest) but i dunno if it does what i need mu wise

...still finding it rough having no standing armored reversal aswell :(
might have more of a gander at the other triborg variations although i dont think csz is for me

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Sorry if this is all known but I was just messing around with the character (who'm I don't play really). After a full screen net you can go for some unbreakable shenanigans. Ending in EX Saw is a HKD and you can meaty a mixup (an unblockable or HTB).

These are all concepts and can probably be optimised as well.

Teched/non techd throw

Here's what you can do after:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
How are you guys dealing with pressure characters with great mobility
Tbh, f1 is his best footsie tool lol, against pressure characters, we're doomed.

I try and space them and i setup millions of bombs on screen, and if i catch then with an anti air it just pushes them into the bomb for a full combo, that's when you get them praying to god that they guess right.

Like i said, i try and space them out or if they get in just wait until the pressure finishes and use your mixup wisely.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
War God is such a shitty matchup. No move can punish the OH sword (as far as I can tell) and we have no armor to armor through his sword mixups. It's terrible.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Cyrax vs. Jason is a pretty damn hard MU also. So many tick throws or combos, no armored reversals. Only option is to guess and NJP lol.

As far as footsies go, I like doing a low close bomb and poke with F1, or low close bomb and run in with a grab (throw them into bomb).

Big problem with F1 is that it's a high, so they just duck it. You can also do B1, and it jails on hit to F131-saw.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Umm.. So this happened.. We both just stopped what we were doing and were like WTF? I guess the bomb somehow hit Smoke on the other side of Cyrax?

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
what are your go to enders guys ? i like to end in ex saw into mid bomb , there some good HTB's u can do from this :)

we don’t want a robot that does nothing.

he is a robot so he should have scary tools to his benefit.

he didn’t deserve this ridiculous nerfs.

kitana jumps all day and keep you on air with fans and no one cried. Then noobs cried about cyrax awesome looking bomb combos.

jacqui is +2 on almost all strings and can do 45 to 47 meterless combos. Yet cyrax 40% was a problem.

now you nerfed his net duration. you can’t even combo if you a second delay online.

it makes no sense not to be able to combo use net off a bomb or EXBomb. why is he cyrax then.

against liu-kang,

He zones cyrax out.

he can throw 2 fireballs and still block bombs or net.

he can punish my regular and EXteleport.

cyrax can’t get in with f34

he is basically a useless robot.

his hard to block moves were blockable. if that was the problem, you should have made b2 combo off bombs but bombs hitting in the same frame result to a hard knockdown. that was the solution, and he needed his scatter port to have armor and be able to combo.

i bought his kp2 cos since the game was out, i had no main cos there was no cyrax. now i was exited only for him to get ridiculous nerf which he wasn’t needed.

Pls fix this. Can some influencial person talk to NRS.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I'm labbing Cyrax in these days and I noticed that his NJP is actually a mid and become overhead only at certain height.
Is it suppose to be a nerf to avoid HTB?

Did you Cyrax' player notice this?

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm labbing Cyrax in these days and I noticed that his NJP is actually a mid and become overhead only at certain height.

@colt is it intended?
NJP attacks only hit overhead on the way down. Otherwise they hit mid.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Don't know that and I think that this doesn't apply to every character, because Quan's NJP hit overhead the istant that he left the ground.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i got mindfucked by that the other day lol completely forgot it was in the patch notes :oops:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

its the universal change on all characters NJP's, but his is like 2 times slower than all others at 14 frames so thats why u are having a problem with it, i know i do. i don't really use it ever because of this unless its in combo.