What's new

General/Other - Cyrax XL Cyrax Discussion Thread

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Isn't it also easy to stuff? Or maybe those are bad inputs on my part.
says its 15 frames in frame data (not 100% if it is or not) so they will get ya off the ground ok enough but there'll always be characters with wakeup crushing setups etc who wont give a damn about a 15 frame wakeup lol

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
I think they were afraid to give Cyrax a good armor move because all of his enhanced specials can lead to full combos into bomb set ups.

This is why I think they didn't care about giving cyber sub a 9f armor low even though his bomb set ups and mobility are even better than cyrax's. Because his doesn't lead to anything.

I think what would be the most balanced solution would be to give his teleport armor always but remove the juggling properties off of enhanced teleport for Cyrax and turn it into a hkd. That way we would have armor to get people off of us without getting a full combo off it, and with a hkd at least be able to get a bomb on the ground after to try and get something going.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So what does one do when being pressured. No armor and trying to find gaps through staggers or just strings with gaps is a nightmare and one mistake means corner town no few to no options.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I disagree with that only because this is MKX. With all the dirt that's in the game, getting knocked down once can be the end of the game for someone with little to no defense options

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Am I the only one having a hard time nailing down the long bomb setups? ive been practicing the two F43 + Long Bomb setups and the spacing on it is infuriating.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Am I the only one having a hard time nailing down the long bomb setups? ive been practicing the two F43 + Long Bomb setups and the spacing on it is infuriating.
Took me like 40 minutes to get consistently offline. But the second f43 has to be done really low

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Yeah, same. I'm gonna lab smoke sektor and cyber more. Cyrax just seems to have bad defense. According to sonic, sektor and smoke are best. Cyber apparently suffers the same issues as erron, whatever those are.
I would take Sonic's character evaluations with a grain of salt. The dude has made several dubious claims on character balance in the past.

Sometimes I wonder if he does it on purpose just to fuck with us.

Wigy

There it is...
Was a cyrax main in mk9 and very close to dropping him. Only stuff he seems good as is his unintended cheesy setups and meterless damage (which is fairly inconsistent)

They need to make f2 ACTUALLY HIT MID. Never seen a move get low profiled so hard jesus. His pokes are complete garbage and his armour on wakeup doesnt work 95% cannot count how many times its stuffed with a single hit. Hes currently got the worst defence in the game. Quan at least had his njp d3 and backdash.

Neutral seems shockingly lacking f13 and f2(this fuckin psuedo mid) only go so far and f43 is near unusable if your opponent knows the matchup.

His bombs are not exactly very threatening in the neutral really (not like mk9 anyways)

Man maybe hes just exceptionally high execution for his neutral game but just hate his design of 'try and stay alive long enough to get them in a net then unblockable then to death'

Anyone got any advice cause christ he seems by far the worst of the bots aside from his cheese which will no doubt be nerfed.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
trying to recreate a situation i had while playing where mid combo the last of 2 of 212 was blocked causing a restand.
ps4 recording wasnt set long enough to capture it.
its annoying the shit out of me :/

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®

Can someone please explain this? Maybe someone more knowledgeable about frame data.

I wanted to see if you could hit 1112 and have a bomb pop up on that last 2... It worked, but it reset the combo.

Then, I set the AI to auto-block, and the AI is able to block the last hit. If the last hit of 1112 causes a splat knock-down, how can the AI block it while I'm already in the middle of a combo string? Does the bomb explosion at the moment of a splat knock-down make them able to block?

BlackGoutetsu

Hyakki Gosho
I'm sure this may have been announced but the second hit of F43 is a high profile, it beats Reptile slippery slide reversal and makes him tank the second hit( sometimes it didn't idk its a bit dodgy) but yeah

BlackGoutetsu

Hyakki Gosho
He has some really cool bomb loops too especially corner comboing and ending with close hoverbomb into 4~DB1 then tech rolling to throw the opponent back into the corner.