What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho XL Bo' Rai Cho General Discussion Thread

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
Have not seen this on TYM so I'll put it here so that BRC gets a little love.

Most of the tech was discovered when I Labbed since BRC launched and now I fell is the time to show it :)

You can jump foward the "Unblockable" part of this corner set up, it works with characters who have 9 frame wake ups.
Hell it even works with Reptile if done correctly.

You can also Delay wake up and block the hits, but since the flame carpet is in the floor you get DOT.

Xray Breaks it (But its a waste of bar)

FERRA/THOR's Charging Move Blows it Up

And it also works as a anti teleport.

The first vid is the set up & the second is the fully optimized 100% damage one metter Baja Blast edition.
Please Enjoy.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Most of the tech was discovered when I Labbed since BRC launched and now I fell is the time to show it :)

You can jump foward the "Unblockable" part of this corner set up, it works with characters who have 9 frame wake ups.

You can also Delay wake up and block the hits, but since the flame carpet is in the floor you get DOT.

The first vid is the set up & the second is the fully optimized 100% damage one metter Baja Blast edition.
Please Enjoy.

The opponent will be able to escape this setup easily with tech roll.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Please Enjoy.

For you're reading pleasure.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/unblockable-reset.59189/ unbreakable reset theory
http://testyourmight.com/threads/gg-crop-duster.59202/ Tom Brady showing a setup in Baritsu to use Crop duster
http://testyourmight.com/threads/armor-break-tech-and-combos.59036/ Some general stuff and crop duster setups

Youphemism

While i'm not saying this setup is optimal at all if they tech'd would they not still have to hold the meaty fart?
Doesn't even matter, I just realised they can just jump out of the B233~ground flame...

But to answer your question if this setup was legit then yeah they'd have to hold the fart but they can armour through. However, it's safe even against Reptile's ex slide so there may be....something there.

Cosmos

Noob
Doesn't even matter, I just realised they can just jump out of the B233~ground flame...

But to answer your question if this setup was legit then yeah they'd have to hold the fart but they can armour through. However, it's safe even against Reptile's ex slide so there may be....something there.
Yeah he said that in his post aha I imagine you can poke before the unblockable comes out as well.

Asides from the obvious armour breaks i'm not sure if there is aha. Need to lab dome actual setups, I imagine he must have stuff in other variations similar to Tom's crop duster setup.

Youphemism

Yeah he said that in his post aha I imagine you can poke before the unblockable comes out as well.

Asides from the obvious armour breaks i'm not sure if there is aha. Need to lab dome actual setups, I imagine he must have stuff in other variations similar to Tom's crop duster setup.
I have a setup that may be adaptable that I posted in the chat, you do whatever grounded starter into three or four 21s then 12~DB4. Not only are you safe against a tech rolling Reptile's ex slide but you can also break it with D1 as the last active frames of the DB4 catch the opponent as they get up.

Cosmos

Noob
I have a setup that may be adaptable that I posted in the chat, you do whatever grounded starter into three or four 21s then 12~DB4. Not only are you safe against a tech rolling Reptile's ex slide but you can also break it with D1 as the last active frames of the DB4 catch the opponent as they get up.
Yeah I saw man i've been using that when I drop combos or when i'm carrying them to the corner from midscreen it's brilliant. The setup I want to lab is a relaunch after a corner combo with a crop duster forcing them to hold a mixup ideally so I can f3/b3 throw them into it aha. I'll keep you updated Youph :)

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Yup. I doubt we'll see any Bo's in top 8 though lol
Have faith, mang!

I hope ForeverKing will stick with him though I haven't seen anything from him since a local he went to a couple of weeks ago.

Tom Brady has been messing with him a little but I'm not sure how that'll play out given his strong loyalty to SZ. Coach Steve has picked him up aswell I think.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Help lol. This character is killing me. I can't for the life of me EVER get anything going.. pretty much anybody with a projectile can just sit back and lame it out while you struggle to get in with your awful dashes and slow ass run. Midscreen I try to control space with BarTITsu F1 but the range on that ain't got nothing on some of the d4s in this game.

kevkopdx

Noob
Help lol. This character is killing me. I can't for the life of me EVER get anything going.. pretty much anybody with a projectile can just sit back and lame it out while you struggle to get in with your awful dashes and slow ass run. Midscreen I try to control space with BarTITsu F1 but the range on that ain't got nothing on some of the d4s in this game.
its rough against zoners, even mediocre zoners... that stupid acidic alien is the worst! he has longer pokes and godlike zoning! im not sure who, if any, winning mus bartitsu has lol

thlityoursloat

kick kick
its rough against zoners, even mediocre zoners... that stupid acidic alien is the worst! he has longer pokes and godlike zoning! im not sure who, if any, winning mus bartitsu has lol
It pisses me off because BRC is soooo damn hype to watch and play. I feel like he's going to be the new Goro with the way he is right now.

kevkopdx

Noob
It pisses me off because BRC is soooo damn hype to watch and play. I feel like he's going to be the new Goro with the way he is right now.
yeah... i really want someone to prove this character is viable... he has nothing in bartitsu to deal with zoning, i would take a massive damage reduction on his sumo pound if it could actually be used to check zoning.. like you said, his dash and run make it rough to get in

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
I just played BARTITSU vs a Lasher
Takeda....

All hope lost.

It's the most unwinnable match up I have ever played.

I just don't see a future for this character. Has to work so much harder then everyone else and has nothing to make up for it.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
He's way too damn honest lol. I don't get why most of his normals and strings are at least -10. His mixup game is great and all, but I feel like with time people will learn to just react to the mixups and punish.
One thing for sure is that he's hyyyyyyyyyyyyyype.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
He's way too damn honest lol. I don't get why most of his normals and strings are at least -10. His mixup game is great and all, but I feel like with time people will learn to just react to the mixups and punish.
One thing for sure is that he's hyyyyyyyyyyyyyype.
Is his mixup game really that good though?
The risk/reward on monkey flips is not good.

And b3/f3 are slow af and don't really offer that much without metre.

On paper he looks good but I don't think its gonna hold up.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Is his mixup game really that good though?
The risk/reward on monkey flips is not good.

And b3/f3 are slow af and don't really offer that much without metre.

On paper he looks good but I don't think its gonna hold up.
It really isn't. He has lows and OHs everywhere but you can just block them if you lab him for 60 seconds. He can't stagger like, say, JC because his frame data is literal poop. S4 is -22????? F11 is -18???? Why does 341 have a gap so damn big when 34 AND 341 are punishable? Why does F212 have 2 gaps? Ugh.
Also why isn't EX DB2 armored? Even the vanilla MKX shit tiers had armored launchers..

Monkey flip mixups aren't that bad. They guarantee an OTG which would lead into pressure.. in the corner only since BRC runs slower than Goro on chronic fatigue syndrome.