What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho XL Bo' Rai Cho General Discussion Thread

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I am not sure if it's been mentioned already, but standing 4 seems to be a good anti-air. I did it by accident yesterday and it totally hit the opponent right out of the air.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Why do some of his moves have cancel advantage but you can't cancel them? I'm using dragon breath and I can't figure it out. Is it for the other 2 variations or is it just a mistake?

CabooseLeGoose

Le Scoop
Has anyone noticed the bug yet that lets you get an unscaled 11% off Sumo Stomp with any combo ended with Tumble Kicks?

EDIT: It seems Tumble Kick scale when performed on an aired opponent and not a grounded one.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
How are you guys playing any variation of Bo. I've mostly been labbing Dragon breath and haven't fought in any matches yet but it feels like not many of his moves stand out as buttons to press. I got some ideas for what to to do if I actually land a hit but before than nothing pops in training mode.

kevkopdx

Noob
How are you guys playing any variation of Bo. I've mostly been labbing Dragon breath and haven't fought in any matches yet but it feels like not many of his moves stand out as buttons to press. I got some ideas for what to to do if I actually land a hit but before than nothing pops in training mode.
play the ai or just jump into some matches

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Ok, so some weird things I found
1) you can cross jump in the corner and land on the same side.

2) this is weird.. D4 in bartitsu is replaced with his usual d4 when done from a jump in.. :confused:

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
I like to catch my opponents with such shenanigans like canceling d4 into DB3. They rarely react to stand block after a poke. Also, Bo needs to use F34 more often, since lots of people already knows how to block his low combo starters and still don't expect an overhead one.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I like to catch my opponents with such shenanigans like canceling d4 into DB3. They rarely react to stand block after a poke. Also, Bo needs to use F34 more often, since lots of people already knows how to block his low combo starters and still don't expect an overhead one.
I got some ideas for tools to use. He has some deceptive hitboxes and such. Like 12, 21, and DB1. Too bad those first two strings start high.

skater11

The saltiest
Not sure if this has been brought up or mentioned but b2(ON BLK) cancelled into fart has a very small window in between. So far I know it'll lose to 6 frame pokes but can trade with 7 frame pokes/uppercuts for a full combo. It loses to armor of course. Not sure about backdash or if it's even jump-able. haven't tested that.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Not sure if this has been brought up or mentioned but b2(ON BLK) cancelled into fart has a very small window in between. So far I know it'll lose to 6 frame pokes but can trade with 7 frame pokes/uppercuts for a full combo. It loses to armor of course. Not sure about backdash or if it's even jump-able. haven't tested that.
Is there still the armor OS where you can mash it out and keep pressing block? So if there is gap your move comes out but if there isn't then you just block.

What combo do you do with F3, 4 mid screen?

lostwin1

TWO minutes
Ok, so some weird things I found
1) you can cross jump in the corner and land on the same side.

2) this is weird.. D4 in bartitsu is replaced with his usual d4 when done from a jump in.. :confused:
Also, bartitsu d4 frame data is wrong.. Its atleast -9 because subzero punish everytime.

Cosmos

Noob
Furthering on from @Marinjuana it seems optimal damage is f34, RC, 121~db4, backdash, ji2 b233~db3 which is universal 33% you can also get an 11% otg for a bar.

DM guys you can get a drink before the ji2 but nothing DM specific as the gravity is too high to properly connect anything from a meditate 3. Still though 44% 1 bar two drinks is healthy.

skater11

The saltiest
I keep forgetting he has an unblockable otg. is there a list somewhere of the strings/special knockdowns that guarantee it?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Not trying to start a buff wishlist but I was thinking it'd be cool if DB Bo's EX straight breath could eat projectiles. Maybe make it dissipate after a certain amount. But it'd be a nice use of meter to aid in his zoning struggles. Then be this decision making between EX fireball, armor, EX gas. EX ground fire. EX stomp. All for different purposes.

And about his armor anyone else feel like you have to be too close to get ex belly to "work"? I mean you can still use it to get through your opponent's better pokes and switch sides. But it just seems weird that with odd frames and such he doesn't have a clean way to handle projectiles from afar for a bar.

Anyone else wish it was different to cancel F3?

Just decided to make a little video of some easy kombos using bo rai chos b14 in the bartitsu variation. Would really appreciate some tips