What's new

Tech - Dragon Breath Unblockable Reset

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
If your timing is perfectly correct, you can do an unblockable reset by throwing EX version of Ground Fire (DF1) right before the stun animation after fart has ended and before the opponent gets his mobility back. EX Ground Fire juggles back into the air and allows for another fart to be comboed. I did not tested if you can armor through or backdash this setup, but you definitely can't jump out of it.

Midscreen example by other player who actually found it earlier than I did:

Last edited:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Knowing how mkx works, that is unescapable if done properly. forward or back jump won't help. Only way out seems to be an armored move but it only has 1 frame to register because the opponent is left in hitstun, so there is no buffer.

Last edited:

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Works midscreen as well. Here is an example by another player from my country:

By the way, he found it earlier than I did, lol, we just discovered that fact like 5 minutes ago, though I honestly found this unblockable on my own today. Was labbing like crazy with this variation, my favorite so far.

InFlames

dead
Does it work vs backdashes? I know Bo gets a guaranteed unscaled X-Ray after fart since the active frames catch backdashes.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
A... Fart and a dream? Are we going to see DJT rocking unblockable resets again, or is he going to be the Cyrax king again?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I just recorded this with probably the best possible timing and nothing I did could get out. I was using reptile and tried slide, X-ray, all jumps, backdash. Now we just the optimal combo in to fart and best places to go for a 2 bar reset if need be. Thanks!!!

InFlames

dead
Is there any sequence you can use to perfectly time the unblockable consistently? Haven't been able to lab this.

REO

Undead
Insert any of the following:

- "Just lab it. I did, and it's fine. "

- "I beat Bo in rank easily, I don't see what the problem is. "

- "It's too early to say if this is good. Let's wait for 359 more days so we can say it's dumb instead. "

- "Bo has poor neutral, he should have this because I don't have A-List F+3."

- "XYZ KP2 character is busted, too. So this is OK."

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Insert any of the following:

- "Just lab it. I did, and it's fine. "

- "I beat Bo in rank easily, I don't see what the problem is. "

- "It's too early to say if this is good. Let's wait for 359 more days so we can say it's dumb instead. "

- "Bo has poor neutral, he should have this because I don't have A-List F+3."

- "XYZ KP2 character is busted, too. So this is OK."
From now on I'm just linking to this post when I see this constant TYM shit

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Is there any sequence you can use to perfectly time the unblockable consistently? Haven't been able to lab this.
I have timing around inputting the move so it comes out when the opponent dips their head a second time. It's nothing exact but it's what I have recorded. I'm still practicing it to see if I can get it semi consistent.