What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho XL Bo' Rai Cho General Discussion Thread

kevkopdx

Noob
It's pretty hard unless you actually somehow manage to get in and stay in. One right guess from your opponent is 40% back to full screen :| Armoured moves are DF1EX, DF2EX, DB3EX from the top of my head. Might be more that I forgot lol
glad im not alone! is it stupid to suggest ex fart should have one hit of armor? i only use bartitsu so i dont know if that messes with other variations? or would that make him too op in the corner? it would be nice to use as a combo ender in certain situations where meter use could close a string gap... i mean, its no csz but... i just feel the character needs something! probably too early to tell but i digress!

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
glad im not alone! is it stupid to suggest ex fart should have one hit of armor? i only use bartitsu so i dont know if that messes with other variations? or would that make him too op in the corner? it would be nice to use as a combo ender in certain situations where meter use could close a string gap... i mean, its no csz but... i just feel the character needs something! probably too early to tell but i digress!
I always think that but I think that is a luxury that may be one step too far. It also doesn't really help him where he really struggles. I'd rather they work on his frame data mainly because it's complete ass.

Does anyone else in the game have a S1 that is a high?

kevkopdx

Noob
I always think that but I think that is a luxury that may be one step too far. It also doesn't really help him where he really struggles. I'd rather they work on his frame data mainly because it's complete ass.

i think kung jin s1 is high.. pretty sure there are a few...
i cant imagine they will adjust his frame data, if he didnt have all those gaps, he probably would be too much... i cant figure out how or if he should be tweaked... but as is, its a nightmare playing zoners or anyone with decent frame data... his mobility sucks... i played a shitty csz zero yesterday that just zoned and jumped backwards... good god it was annoying

kevkopdx

Noob
what if his sumo stomp had faster startup and recovery? hell i would take super low damage on it if you were able to counter zone with it

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah ex fart having armour would be stupid, it's already safe and a combo starter so there's no way it should have armour #MK9SonyaAnyone?

Pretty much everyone's standing 1 is a high, I can't think of anyone whose standing 1 hits mid.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
i think kung jin s1 is high.. pretty sure there are a few...
i cant imagine they will adjust his frame data, if he didnt have all those gaps, he probably would be too much... i cant figure out how or if he should be tweaked... but as is, its a nightmare playing zoners or anyone with decent frame data... his mobility sucks... i played a shitty csz zero yesterday that just zoned and jumped backwards... good god it was annoying
Yeah ex fart having armour would be stupid, it's already safe and a combo starter so there's no way it should have armour #MK9SonyaAnyone?

Pretty much everyone's standing 1 is a high, I can't think of anyone whose standing 1 hits mid.
To tell the truth I hadn't really ever noticed I just thought it was a case of S1 was mid and S2 was a high across the board. Jacqui's S1 is a mid

Youphemism

To tell the truth I hadn't really ever noticed I just thought it was a case of S1 was mid and S2 was a high across the board. Jacqui's S1 is a mid
No it isn't, Jacqui's standing 1 is a high. Both standing 1s and standing 2s are generally always highs. That's why they nerfed Tremor's standing 2 to be a high.

kevkopdx

Noob

but its 22 start up frames which can be poked so easily, and since you can low profile so many of his strings, you can almost just expect to be poked at close range... im just grasping at straws here ;) it has its purposes with screen control, im just flummoxed with this character... he's super fun to play, so ill just keep practicing

Youphemism

but its 22 start up frames which can be poked so easily, and since you can low profile so many of his strings, you can almost just expect to be poked at close range... im just grasping at straws here ;) it has its purposes with screen control, im just flummoxed with this character... he's super fun to play, so ill just keep practicing
If you poke an armour move the move is still going to hit you because it has armour. Predator's EX BF4 is also that slow but it still hits people. Honestly armour isn't the problem with Bartitsu, it's how slow and unsafe he is. He needs some stuff sped up a bit and some stuff made safer and then he'll be able to compete better.

kevkopdx

Noob
If you poke an armour move the move is still going to hit you because it has armour. Predator's EX BF4 is also that slow but it still hits people. Honestly armour isn't the problem with Bartitsu, it's how slow and unsafe he is. He needs some stuff sped up a bit and some stuff made safer and then he'll be able to compete better.
how does the armor work then? because an ex fart can be poked on startup

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
well thats what i was saying, i was confused with his response, thanks
I think what Youphemism is getting at is that if EX fart had armour then a poke from your opponent wouldn't do anything because the armour would eat it up and then they'd be stunned and launched for a full combo.

It would be too much for fart to have armour

kevkopdx

Noob
I think what Youphemism is getting at is that if EX fart had armour then a poke from your opponent wouldn't do anything because the armour would eat it up and then they'd be stunned and launched for a full combo.

It would be too much for fart to have armour
gotcha, thanks!

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
fixes bo could use for his frame data:

1) s1 to be at least 8f and not whiffing on crouch block

2) f212 in Bartitsu to have no gaps

3) f21 to have no gaps and maybe not send the opponent full screen, so it's useful in juggles

kevkopdx

Noob
What's the point of 3 variations if none of them help him deal with zoning, the most basic zoning can keep him out and you just have to watch as they use a projectile and just JUMP back right in your face and all u can do is slowly get closer as they keep backing up :( the struggle is all to real with Bo
drunken master doesnt seem to have a problem with it, the comment literally before yours has a link

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
After spending a few days with DB, I'm noticing that when he does manage to get in, his mixup game is pretty ferocious (except the glaring gaps in his strings), but trying to get in on guys like Triborg, etc. is a test in patience. Anyone have any tips for BRC's neutral game? JIP can only work so much lol.
DF2 is a super good footsie tool, one of the best in the game imo

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
After playing around with Bo for the last few days, I have to say I love the character. As a huge fan of old school Hong Kong action movies (with the bad dubs lol) and a martial artist myself, this is a dream come true. He is straight out of Drunken Master, including all the drinking, burping, farting, and vomiting shenanigans. He is probably the most authentic martial arts character in the game. His moves are a joy to behold and fun to do, plus he's got a few of his old moves from MKDA and MKD. For example, for those of you who played MKD online, I am sure you remember his F3. That's back in MKXL, but not nearly as broken, I hope. Same for DB3, BF4, and his throw, and I am probably forgetting a few.

Good job NRS!

Last edited: