What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
lul i wish wonderwoman players were good so nrs dev team wouldnt feel the need to buff midtier in the first place

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Yea. If ppl pick her up thinking shes a "50/50" character, they'll be in for a rude awakening.

But. Shes still really good. I personally didnt think she needed anything. But I'll take the buffs lol.
Yes they are. But we'll let them find that out.

For anyone that didn't like her before but thinks they want to play her because they heard she got buffed. Her game plan is still the same. She still plays the same. So if you didn't like her before, you still won't.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
The shield toss into a combo of some sort & her b23 are her biggest buffs. Thing is she has improved in neutral. Glad that I kept exploring her since day 1.

LEGI0N47

The shield toss into a combo of some sort & her b23 are her biggest buffs. Thing is she has improved in neutral. Glad that I kept exploring her since day 1.
I disagree. I think the trait buff is much bigger. Currently you have to give up damage or oki for safe set ups. We'll have to see how it actually plays but if it plays how they explained it then that may not be much of an issue anymore. Having trait more will make her more powerful overall IMO than the B2 or F2 string buffs. Also don't get too wild on the B23's, has an enormous gap.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I disagree. I think the trait buff is much bigger. Currently you have to give up damage or oki for safe set ups. We'll have to see how it actually plays but if it plays how they explained it then that may not be much of an issue anymore. Having trait more will make her more powerful overall IMO than the B2 or F2 string buffs. Also don't get too wild on the B23's, has an enormous gap.
It has a gap, but they have to read it. I don't disagree with you, but I value neutral a lot opposed to oki since you have to be able to hit someone before you get it. There's mind games that you can use to play around with. The trait buff I'm still unsure about. Yeah, it sounds good with how they explained it, but it still sounds sketchy with how she'll get trait. I hope I'm wrong because she does need her trait to be useful.

Yoaks

A spaceman
B2 being -3 and hitconfirmable makes it better to use then the full string. The buff to make the string + is good but we'll see how practical it will be once we get some time to experiment with it.

F23 being safe at first glance for me was more of a QoL buff. But then I remembered her standing reset after MB shield toss~b11. Going for the mixup now is obviously not risky. This will also be alot better in the corner since we can reach over 300 points of damage with a b2 hitconfirm.

Parasurama

Dragon
Hi guys.... what you guys anti air with? Up shield toss or almathea upward bash or some normal?

Also, what is your approach for heavy zones like Deadshot? These type of characters seem to be WHAT I struggle with the most.

The B2 can be used at range, but the B2 F2 mix is very slow.... what plus frames will u use for it? I suppose commanding respect with the faster normals.

I really wish I could choose my trait.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
So i know you can blow up some charcters strings with a successful parry but not sure if its known that you can also backdash from a successful parry aswell and wiff punish. Some very foward advancing strings however catch the backdash.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Hi guys.... what you guys anti air with? Up shield toss or almathea upward bash or some normal?

Also, what is your approach for heavy zones like Deadshot? These type of characters seem to be WHAT I struggle with the most.

The B2 can be used at range, but the B2 F2 mix is very slow.... what plus frames will u use for it? I suppose commanding respect with the faster normals.

I really wish I could choose my trait.
Anti airs are d2, B1 or up bash for me.

B2 and F2 mix is guaranteed from B11 on hit. Only real time I use it aside from the corner

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Im excited my co-bae Aquaman got nerfed and my bae WoWo got buffed and at the very least she's worth trying again. These buffs still boggle my mind that they weren't how she originally was.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
WW b2 link restriction seems much more relaxed in the new patch.
her down 2 is faster to animate also

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
i

should have said seems faster- i connected 3 d2 in the corner (i assumed speed as the reason) but now i think i was a hitbox/spacing issue. my bad
can you check something for me? Black adam f12. If you hit him as a whiff unish, is he still considered airbourne? This issue has driven me crazy and was a huge reason why I would loser to black adams

can you check something for me? Black adam f12. If you hit him as a whiff unish, is he still considered airbourne? This issue has driven me crazy and was a huge reason why I would loser to black adams
Same, it bothered me this issue wasn't addressed in the patch notes.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I think the change for d2 is that it has a growing hurt box instead of a static one now. They made that change for a lot of other characters, and basically it means the hitbox follows the move, instead of appearing at the end of the animation. Makes her d2 much smoother.

Kinda disappointed in the changes, honestly. One of the big things I took away from the stream was that they wanted her to be able to use her trait up close, which to me sounds like canceling into it for slight plus frames. More plus pressure sounded more like the I:GAU WW I loved, so it brought me back to the character. This does not seem to be the case.

Still glad I got back with her. Missed Diana even if she is different.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I like the changes so far and really like that up shield launches (mb for combo opps)
Ok, so that is new. I was thinking I just never noticed before. I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet; if anything. Seemed like everything I tried required you commit to it when you could just to go for the now safe, though admittedly much slower), F23. It's fast enough to punish stuff, but d12 seems like it's going to gate into the damage you are going to want. Maybe against Aquaman to get him airborne before he can ruin life with trait.

If someone finds something with it I'd want to see it because it will probably be ultra swaggy.

LEGI0N47

I think the change for d2 is that it has a growing hurt box instead of a static one now. They made that change for a lot of other characters, and basically it means the hitbox follows the move, instead of appearing at the end of the animation. Makes her d2 much smoother.

Kinda disappointed in the changes, honestly. One of the big things I took away from the stream was that they wanted her to be able to use her trait up close, which to me sounds like canceling into it for slight plus frames. More plus pressure sounded more like the I:GAU WW I loved, so it brought me back to the character. This does not seem to be the case.

Still glad I got back with her. Missed Diana even if she is different.
They didn't say they want you to use it up close. Just that she is meant to use it a lot more than players currently are so they sped it up to encourage you to use it more. The cancel frames was just your wishful thinking. They never said anything like that.

Like I said after the stream. If you didn't like her before the patch...you still won't after.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
They didn't say they want you to use it up close. Just that she is meant to use it a lot more than players currently are so they sped it up to encourage you to use it more. The cancel frames was just your wishful thinking. They never said anything like that.

Like I said after the stream. If you didn't like her before the patch...you still won't after.
Yeah, it was one of those cases where I heard what I wanted to hear. You're kinda calling me out on the central crux of my post. I mean, that's why I was disappointed. I did it to myself, I'm aware of that.

And I had barely even touched her before the patch. Truth is, I like her just fine. I just thought there was something coming that was never promised. Could've sworn they said something about it being used up close :/

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Im ready for NRS to release some premier skins for Wonder Woman
I think Injustice 2 WW's face is modeled after Linda Carter...

can we get a gal gadot skin w/ this armor and hair

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Im ready for NRS to release some premier skins for Wonder Woman
I think Injustice 2 WW's face is modeled after Linda Carter...

can we get a gal gadot skin w/ this armor and hair

:eek: Why did you have to go and do that to my data plan? :p

I'd take sweet skins, but I honestly don't know that I need them. All my loadouts for WW are already legen..

...wait for it...

..DARY!