What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
This character is top 5 material now, idc what downplayers say.

Some of her bad MUs got nerfed and her trait is way better now. Trait set-ups are a thing finally and we might be able to use it mid combo.

The B23 and F23 changes are ok I guess, but I don't see them making her anything amazing since both are reactable. At least she can use them outside of combos now.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
As I said, they will NEVER make her trait able to choose the buff.

I'm sure they shaved off a few negative frames for shield toss on block as well.

Now she has a legit 50/50 by delays the F23 after conditioning them with a b2(3). Pretty sure that the gap doesn't matter in B23 because most characters can't reach the distance of it when spaced properly.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
As I said, they will NEVER make her trait able to choose the buff.

I'm sure they shaved off a few negative frames for shield toss on block as well.

Now she has a legit 50/50 by delays the F23 after conditioning them with a b2(3). Pretty sure that the gap doesn't matter in B23 because most characters can't reach the distance of it when spaced properly.
It's a reactable mix-up tho. But at leats there's a reason to commit to it now.

Ehhh, B23's gap is horrendous so I don't think it's gonna be a game changer but maybe as a meaty after whiffing B2 is gonna be good,

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
It's a reactable mix-up tho. But at leats there's a reason to commit to it now.

Ehhh, B23's gap is horrendous so I don't think it's gonna be a game changer but maybe as a meaty after whiffing B2 is gonna be good,
Well, we still got that B2 bounce cancel for more plus frames and to blow them up for trying.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
These are some big changes. Safe 50/50 overhead being a decent reward and low being a huge reward. 50/50 of B2 into a special or into plus frames. Do you try to punish her gap or do you block a special? She could also cancel into nothing taking no risk just looking for that hit confirm. The trait change seems nice but I can't tell how useful it will actually be unless there's a way to cancel into it without sacrificing much damage or pressure. Some of the bonuses are still really weak, which is the main problem imo. This combined with the top tier nerfs I can see her being very solid and safe on everything. There's no way anyone can call her bad anymore.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I can't believe that not a lot of people are discussing her buffs here & only a select few. I'm happy as fuck for her. I wanna see her do well. She got some juice, too. And they are very helpful to her game.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I love the buffs she got, and hope even down the road if they town her down, it won't be a huge hit. This will help her up close game tremendously.

I really wanna see the up shield toss Mb change on screen. They said it'll be just like her ground shield toss MB. What's that supposed to mean?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I really wanna see the up shield toss Mb change on screen. They said it'll be just like her ground shield toss MB. What's that supposed to mean?
It was just air shield they were taking about (45min mark on Twitch). They were actually showing off how you can get light combos off of MB air shield that you can't currently get.

Yoaks

A spaceman
The changes are nice. But I'm not gonna change the way I play with her.

F23 being safe will now help her comeback potential more once she has her opponent in the corner.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
There will be a lot of WonderWoman play if Catwoman survives the nerfs.

She already contests her really well and with the buffs... Yeah solid pick against her.

The F23 buff shouldn't be overstated, you can barely land it midscreen due to no proximity block so you will find yourself doing d12 or d3 anyway just to keep them still! Its massive in the corner obviously, but her corner game is already great and wasn't where she struggled. A buff is a buff though.

I think her other buffs like instant air downshield mb allowing follow-up, trait recovery reduced and plus B2,3 are gonna be the good stuff!

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Everyone understands that she had a 50/50 before right? B2 or F2 were/are both safe and cancellable. They're both over 20 frames which people on this site claim is fully reactable.

The trait is the real buff. I don't even care that it's random anymore. Interested to see the possibilities.

I agree with many of you in that this will not change the way I play much if at all. Maybe more trait.

Last. LOL at all the new WW mains and top 5 lists. She was just as good before but the majority didn't believe and said she was a shitter. We'll see how long that keeps up when people find out this character won't carry you like the old top 5.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Everyone understands that she had a 50/50 before right? B2 or F2 were/are both safe and cancellable. They're both over 20 frames which people on this site claim is fully reactable.

The trait is the real buff. I don't even care that it's random anymore. Interested to see the possibilities.

I agree with many of you in that this will not change the way I play much if at all. Maybe more trait.

Last. LOL at all the new WW mains and top 5 lists. She was just as good before but the majority didn't believe and said she was a shitter. We'll see how long that keeps up when people find out this character won't carry you like the old top 5.
Yea. If ppl pick her up thinking shes a "50/50" character, they'll be in for a rude awakening.

But. Shes still really good. I personally didnt think she needed anything. But I'll take the buffs lol.