What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Her bracelets should only have a recovery if she misses the projectile or bracelets air, if she absorbs a projectile, it should be instantly ready to go again- which would make user a true threat to Zoners, "I DARE YOU TO SHOOT"..while playing the- an I or am I not going to shoot? While trying to get in. The fact that she has to recover EACH and every time - hell, the move may as well NOT even exsist. You can pluck ONE Deadshot bullet in a hale of 20 straight.... see where I'm going here?
This is my biggest beef with Parry and something I ID'd on page one of one of these threads. They don't need to reflect because that won't change shit except satisfy lore nuts and her MU's will be pretty much the same. This would actually help.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Reflecting back projectiles with WW having quick recovery and the reflected projectiles creating appropriate +frames /hit stun/block stun/ whatever/ would absolutely help her in zoning matchups since she'd be able to close distances so much more easily. Did you not play against Kratos in Mk9?

It's not about getting into a zoning war with reflect, it's about nullifying your opponents projectiles and giving WW another tool to gap close against her bad zoning MUs. Of course it could lend itself to her defensive/turtle style too in other MUs.

Last edited:

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Removing her parry trait off her random trait would make trait not that bad, to account for the "loss of power" from hail of artemis, parry should be allowed less recovery frames when she actually paries a projectile, allowing her lore accurate use of her bracelets by being the best character in the DC universe to ignore projectiles from opponents.

If it needs balancing then lower the actual active frames of the bracelets so the player has less time to react to the projectile but still rewards great execution allowing them to use it again with less recovery frames.

Stanlos

Noob
Stepping outside of the lore and just looking at gameplay mechanics for a bit, I am not understanding how the tactical value of the reflect can be missed. NRS has it in some of its other games (Kitana, Keratosis, NIGHTWOLF) and I have seen it in other games like SFIV with Rose. The reflect prevents zoners from throwing stuff out for free and the.option select of the return vector enhances her mobility options on approach

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Stepping outside of the lore and just looking at gameplay mechanics for a bit, I am not understanding how the tactical value of the reflect can be missed. NRS has it in some of its other games (Kitana, Keratosis, NIGHTWOLF) and I have seen it in other games like SFIV with Rose. The reflect prevents zoners from throwing stuff out for free and the.option select of the return vector enhances her mobility options on approach
I personally don't find projectile reflection interesting or attractive. At least not if it comes the loss of the full parry. Right now you can parry a gap (like WW 223) get a small buff and immediately cash it in with a full d1 combo. Nullifying a projectile seems almost as useful as hoping I get 55dmg off a reflection, and if that 55dmg means I can't blow gaps up for full combos then I say that 55-70dmg or whatever can go suck it. I still dont know much about other character's gaps so maybe it's not all that great for them as a whole and I would rescind the comment in that case.

It just seems like reflects tend to more annoying than useful, at least at the level I preform at and I'm not sure I want to have to have on point reflect skills to make her work. On gut reaction, I'm not sure that's the most accessible way to build a character, but then I'm not that insightful so that doesn't count for much.

Can there be a reflection + parry where we can have it all? I don't think that has ever been done, and I don't know that it would be seen as fair. Maybe if it was an armored reflect.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I personally don't find projectile reflection interesting or attractive. At least not if it comes the loss of the full parry. Right now you can parry a gap (like WW 223) get a small buff and immediately cash it in with a full d1 combo. Nullifying a projectile seems almost as useful as hoping I get 55dmg off a reflection, and if that 55dmg means I can't blow gaps up for full combos then I say that 55-70dmg or whatever can go suck it. I still dont know much about other character's gaps so maybe it's not all that great for them as a whole and I would rescind the comment in that case.

It just seems like reflects tend to more annoying than useful, at least at the level I preform at and I'm not sure I want to have to have on point reflect skills to make her work. On gut reaction, I'm not sure that's the most accessible way to build a character, but then I'm not that insightful so that doesn't count for much.

Can there be a reflection + parry where we can have it all? I don't think that has ever been done, and I don't know that it would be seen as fair. Maybe if it was an armored reflect.
Your first paragraph is on point and what these guys don't understand. And yes there are a lot of gaps you can parry after practice. If you can parry projectiles "on reaction" taking no damage is great! They seriously don't understand the character in the game. It won't help like they think. This board is asking for the wrong stuff. Well it was brining up the right stuff pages back but now it's stuck on parry reflect for some reason.

Parasurama

Dragon

The parry is like Kotal's? Is there an ex version too? Would be cool if it created a stun animation too.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I want video of people blowing up hard read parries into full combo damage punishes since the implications are that parry in the neutral is paramount over help with anti-zoning. @LEGI0N47 seems so jazzed about it to the point where any differing conversation is "asking for the wrong thing" or "not understanding the character". I'll wait.

PS. Reflection and Parry don't have to exist as separate abilities so it's not like you'd lose the ability to punish gaps in strings.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
This will help

https://testyourmight.com/threads/list-of-gaps-punishable-by-normals-or-parries.64104/

Stanlos

Noob
Is it an NRS thing that parries can only be for projectiles OR melee attacks? Just so we are clear I think the bracelets should be able to both.

Thanks for the link to the gaps. I have not been able to capitalize on the bracelet parry in this one the way I did in IGAU. It seems like it doesn't let me out in time to hit them unless I am using Aegis of Zeus gear. In IGAU, if you parried a melee strike you some had time to backdash or in some cases start your own string (usually 11 or d12). But I haven't been able to do that in I2. It seems the only thing gained is the meter. And they don't catch Scorpion-like teleports in this one it seems.

Last edited:

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
They can make her normal parry reflect projectiles but not work against Melee attacks.

Give her meter burn version which works against Melee attacks but not against projectiles. When she successfully parries a Melee attacks she attacks back at her opponent with energy spear from bracelets from comics or bracelet energy wave that she does in movie.

If this makes her overpowered then just let her parry reflect projectiles and not work against Melee attacks at all.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I appreciate the enthusiasm and love you have for the character but I have to admit the chances of any of your suggestions becoming reality are slim to none.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The other parries (like Batman's and Joker's) actually deal damage when they parry. I'd be happy if they made her's like that, including her ability to parry projectiles. So it does reflect the projectile and it automatically deals damage like a normal parry. Exactly what she has now, it just deals a bit of damage instead of gaining a buff and leading to combo opportunities.

That said, I'm not too hung up on the parry. What kills me is her horrendous mobility. She's just not really fun to play, which is a damn shame. She's like Cyborg if he had a less useful trait, no mobility, and his zoning did less damage, didn't go full-screen, and was more punishable on block.

I just saw the movie for the 2nd time and I need to play this character. Please NRS, make WoWo worth using. I don't even care if she's not high-tier, I just want her to be fun and rewarding to use.

Parasurama

Dragon
The other parries (like Batman's and Joker's) actually deal damage when they parry. I'd be happy if they made her's like that, including her ability to parry projectiles. So it does reflect the projectile and it automatically deals damage like a normal parry. Exactly what she has now, it just deals a bit of damage instead of gaining a buff and leading to combo opportunities.

That said, I'm not too hung up on the parry. What kills me is her horrendous mobility. She's just not really fun to play, which is a damn shame. She's like Cyborg if he had a less useful trait, no mobility, and his zoning did less damage, didn't go full-screen, and was more punishable on block.

I just saw the movie for the 2nd time and I need to play this character. Please NRS, make WoWo worth using. I don't even care if she's not high-tier, I just want her to be fun and rewarding to use.
I am also inspired from the movie. I think if a combo happens from the parry then it is superior to Batman etc.

An advancing mid would be nice. I see no reason to deny an air dash but they won't give it since it is linked to trait already.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I am also inspired from the movie. I think if a combo happens from the parry then it is superior to Batman etc.

An advancing mid would be nice. I see no reason to deny an air dash but they won't give it since it is linked to trait already.
Right; as it is now, her parry potentially allows her to get a full-combo punish, as she can parry a gap or an otherwise safe move and go to town. But if she was allowed to parry projectiles in the same way Batman parries high attacks, just getting a small chunk of automatic damage, I think that would be worth losing the combo potential, it would essentially balance out.

That said, I'm not really sure how powerful something like that would be in practice; it could be total overkill, so I couldn't blame anyone for disagreeing with that statement.

Stanlos

Noob
HOW DO YA'LL GET THAT B3 AFTER F2,3??????????
I am laughing only because I feel your pain. For me the answer has been Practice Mode. It is a rhythm thing. There is a 'beat' after the input of the 3, her foot goes up and just as it begins the descent I put in the B3.

DeftMonk

Noob
So is it intentional that the shield buff doesn't buff her shield projectile?edit: notice other people already pointed this out...was it like this in beta? Did nrs comment?