What's new

Wonder Woman cast, Gal Gadot. Hmm, not bad.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
So Wonder Woman was cast today,
and eh, not bad. Could do worse. It's impossible to cast WoWo unless you go with an unknown fitness model. They will have to fix her eyes obviously, and hopefully she packs on 10 or 15 lbs of muscle. Doubt that though At least she's 5 foot 9, only 3 inches off her height, which is about the same 3 inches shorter that Superman, THOR, Batman have been.

Will give it a shot, I'm sure they'll mess it up. DC has done a totally shitty job so far, the last Batman movies were not any good [good movies, but nothing to do with Batman] and I hope they dont mess up WoWo like they did Batman, and Green Lantern, and to a lesser degree Superman. Only good thing DC has done lately that was live action is the tv show Arrow.

At least they didnt cast a midget to play a 7 foot guy like they did with Bane, who was terrible, as was that movie.

PS I main Wonder Woman, and shes my favorite character outside of THOR.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Like I said on twitter, I think I would have chosen Evangeline Lilly, or Amanda Righetti. Actress wise at least.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Not gonna lie
I'm shocked that they didn't find a very very feminine male (like in the shakespearian days) to play the part. I don't think there are many... if any... actress' that actually have amazonian features.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Like I said on twitter, I think I would have chosen Evangeline Lilly, or Amanda Righetti. Actress wise at least.
Both would have been acceptable, I dont know who they are, but woulda been okay.

Still, I think with Gal shes a better choice... visually. No idea acting skills and all that.
5 foot 9 is nice though.

She should stand neck and neck with Batman and Superman... cuz of her heels. So we will be close.

1. I like her.
2. I still think they should've gotten a body double for Bane
WHY did they pick him as Bane when a real life Bane, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, exists?

Missed opportunity, which they will rectify in 2017 or something I hope.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
WHY did they pick him as Bane when a real life Bane, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, exists?

Missed opportunity, which they will rectify in 2017 or something I hope.
My buddies always get sick of me suggesting the Rock should be in all these roles, so I stopped thinking about it... But dammit, I'd love to see Rocky as Bane!

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
also doesnt Gal have an accent? :confused:
Have you heard Henry Cavill or Christian Bale speak in interviews lol?

My buddies always get sick of me suggesting the Rock should be in all these roles, so I stopped thinking about it... But dammit, I'd love to see Rocky as Bane!
He's literally the perfect choice, LOOKS like Bane in term of muscles and height, is a GREAT actor, and his ethnicity can be spanish looking.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I can see wondy in her.
the batman movies were great, just not what fanboys wanted. Fanboys and realism don't mix well.
Hardy was a good bane. the rock as bane is a nonsense, he was born to play lobo.
on a side note, barry is suppose to make an appearance on arrow tonight, so fucking excited,

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I can see wondy in her.
the batman movies were great, just not what fanboys wanted. Fanboys and realism don't mix well.
Hardy was a good bane. the rock as bane is a nonsense, he was born to play lobo.
on a side note, barry is suppose to make an appearance on arrow tonight, so fucking excited,
Fanboys?

How about just anyone whos read a Batman comic, or anyone who wants a halfway decent representation of The Batman.. and not a total depowering re-imagining of the character and world. That Batman was very dimwitted, and a terrible fighter.

"Am I supposed to understand any of that?"

Yes, Bruce, you are... because youre the fucking Batman one of the smartest people on this earth. Dick.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I like her as an actress, but as Wonder Woman.... no. She's a stick figure with no tits, but I guess we'll see what happens. :-/

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
I first saw this news on the Comicvine website and from the photo they showed it was an instant "NO >:I" Then i googled her and eh. She kinda has that Amazonian look to her and with a few touches like contacts and a couple more pounds on her, she may just pull it off. But besides the look shes gonna need some acting chops to pull off the personality aswell. WW is a mixed bag of a fierce warrior but with a heart of compassion. We'll just have to see.

She's aesthetically pleasing, 5'9, and I'm sure they're going to put her on a crazy workout regimen....so I'm sure she'll look the part fine. As an obsessed DC fanboy I kind of feel "meh" about this right now since I've never seen a single movie she's been in, and I'm not going to be bothered to watch the Fast franchise at this point. Just going to go in blind next year or so and hope for the best I guess.

All that being said: as someone who hated Man of Steel, thinks Ben Affleck is a horrible actor (who admittedly is very good at writing and directing), and generally has no faith whatsoever in the people running DC films at warner bros.....my expectations sink a little further the more characters they keep adding to this movie. Seriously...if you're not willing to do it right and give each character their own movie then have the good sense to not make your film a bloated mess and just focus on Bats and Supes.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
guys

WW is like 6,2 or taller

We don't have actress' that are that tall with that body build.

Like Lex said...... WW HAS to stand eye to eye with Superman.
I could give two fucks if she can "fight".... she just has to LOOK the part, be the part.

Poor Superman and WW have too much to live up to when it comes to someone portraying them.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I first saw this news on the Comicvine website and from the photo they showed it was an instant "NO >:I" Then i googled her and eh. She kinda has that Amazonian look to her and with a few touches like contacts and a couple more pounds on her, she may just pull it off. But besides the look shes gonna need some acting chops to pull off the personality aswell. WW is a mixed bag of a fierce warrior but with a heart of compassion. We'll just have to see.
I picked this picture as its the most Wonder Womanly of them all, to make it the most fair to her... because obviously in the fiml itself they will be doing everything to make her look like WoWo.

I've worked with many ridiculously hot females who've put on good muscle in 3-6 months, so I have faith they'll do a decent job... I just fear they wont WANT to get her "too" strong.
Her "acting" needs some work, but Gina Carano would have been the best physical match: 5'8", solid build, knows how to fight...

Shes definitely a terrible actress, but also shes actually worse physically proportionately than Gal... and Gina looks like a thick bull, not a beautifully sculpted female... and Ginas face looks like it was hit by Doomsday a thousand times over and over, and is now busted and squished.

Thank the gods they went with a different brunette from the last Fast movie.
I like her as an actress, but as Wonder Woman.... no. She's a stick figure with no tits, but I guess we'll see what happens. :-/
I dont wonder [teehee] what they'll do about her chestal region.

guys

WW is like 6,2 or taller

I could give two fucks if she can "fight".... she just has to LOOK the part, be the part.

Poor Superman and WW have too much to live up to when it comes to someone portraying them.
Yah Im not sure why people, and its more than a few, use "She can fight" as some sort of good thing.. as if thats a requisite to playing a hero?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
guys

WW is like 6,2 or taller

as far as height goes they'll have her in heels, finding a 5'9 woman was as good as its gonna get (WW is 6'0). i actually would like if she can fight and she might have to put on a little muscle, she doesnt really look the part at all she just has the height