What's new

Wonder Woman cast, Gal Gadot. Hmm, not bad.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
IMO she's too skinny to play WW. She can always gain weight, but weight & body type are two different things. She just doesn't have the shape.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I won't pass judgement till I see the movie but she would have been my last choice if it was up to me

Chokeapotamus

Worst. Player. Ever.
Yah Im not sure why people, and its more than a few, use "She can fight" as some sort of good thing.. as if thats a requisite to playing a hero?
I feel that it helps if someone can look convincing doing superhero stuff--namely punching the crap outta someone. There are a number of male "action heroes" that are laughable to watch since they have no concept of how to throw a punch--with women it is even trickier (which I suspect may have been part of the holdup for a WoWo franchise for so long). Someone like Jessica Biel has the athleticism to pull it off (and wouldn't be a bad choice, 5'7" and all notwithstanding) but there are not may actresses that get it right (Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez) when it comes to looking believable in a fight...

Sami

Noob
My buddies always get sick of me suggesting the Rock should be in all these roles, so I stopped thinking about it... But dammit, I'd love to see Rocky as Bane!
Body-wise Brock Lesnar would've been a much better fit. He might be white and pasty, but so is Tom Hardy lol. Unlike Tom Hardy though, there's no need to CGI in the bulk. Can you imagine the Rock as Bane? Seeing as with the mask they used all you can see are his eyes, every second shot would be the People's Eyebrow lol.

As for getting the right build/height for WoWo, all you need is the face, proportions (no not tits and waist) and acting talent. Everything else can be added with the magic of computers. Worked for Bane's muscle, worked for Gandalf's/the Hobbits' height, etc.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Body-wise Brock Lesnar would've been a much better fit. He might be white and pasty, but so is Tom Hardy lol. Unlike Tom Hardy though, there's no need to CGI in the bulk. Can you imagine the Rock as Bane? Seeing as with the mask they used all you can see are his eyes, every second shot would be the People's Eyebrow lol.

As for getting the right build/height for WoWo, all you need is the face, proportions (no not tits and waist) and acting talent. Everything else can be added with the magic of computers. Worked for Bane's muscle, worked for Gandalf's/the Hobbits' height, etc.
Brock has all the charisma of a wooden plank, though. lol

Sami

Noob
Brock has all the charisma of a wooden plank, though. lol
Doesn't matter, he needs to look fucking scary (something he does well), buff as all fuck and be able to do a few facial expressions. Seeing as all of the voicework was seemingly dubbed over afterwards they don't need Brock to do the voice. Much like Darth Vader - the body and voice don't need to belong to the same person when you wear a mask that hides your mouth movements.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Doesn't matter, he needs to look fucking scary (something he does well), buff as all fuck and be able to do a few facial expressions. Seeing as all of the voicework was seemingly dubbed over afterwards they don't need Brock to do the voice. Much like Darth Vader - the body and voice don't need to belong to the same person when you wear a mask that hides your mouth movements.
The Rock can do all 3 of those things and probably the voice as well. #stillbelieve

no the rock HAS to play Black Adam
I cannot deny the resemblance the Rock has to Black Adam, and I know that one has been a fan favorite for a while....but no one on this earth will ever convince me that Dwayne Johnson isn't best suited to Captain Marvel in the DC universe.
I'm sorry....but his attempts to inhabit the traditional Hollywood stoic badass have always been extremely underwhelming to me and neither Bane or Black Adam would be characters he would comfortably inhabit. I feel like he really shines when he gets to bring a certain amount of goofy charm to the character he's playing.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I cannot deny the resemblance the Rock has to Black Adam, and I know that one has been a fan favorite for a while....but no one on this earth will ever convince me that Dwayne Johnson isn't best suited to Captain Marvel in the DC universe.
I'm sorry....but his attempts to inhabit the traditional Hollywood stoic badass have always been extremely underwhelming to me and neither Bane or Black Adam would be characters he would comfortably inhabit. I feel like he really shines when he gets to bring a certain amount of goofy charm to the character he's playing.
i agree Bane wouldnt suit him at all, Black Adam doesnt completely but the resemblance is crazy haha and captain marvel he doesnt have the look or feel for imo id think theres someone better suited to play that role than him

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Fanboys?

How about just anyone whos read a Batman comic, or anyone who wants a halfway decent representation of The Batman.. and not a total depowering re-imagining of the character and world. That Batman was very dimwitted, and a terrible fighter.

"Am I supposed to understand any of that?"

Yes, Bruce, you are... because youre the fucking Batman one of the smartest people on this earth. Dick.
that's the problem, Nolan never wanted a batman like the one in the comic books.
He wanted a more realistic batman, not a batman that fights gods and somehow survives.
They accomplished what they set out to do.
Fanboys are never happy, everyone wants something different.
I am a flash fanboy and I want things in a certain way, if I don't get what I want I will complain like a little bitch.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
can he act?
dwayne = lobo it is known.
he is a bit too muscular to be BA.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
"Not bad"? Seems pretty bad to me.

I can't believe the Avengers have DC so fucking scared. They are trying so hard to stuff anything and everything into every TV show/movie they possibly can. So much for a MOS sequel, this movie may as well be renamed Justice League or Trinity... and no offense to Gadot, but she a twig mang.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
"Not bad"? Seems pretty bad to me.

I can't believe the Avengers have DC so fucking scared. They are trying so hard to stuff anything and everything into every TV show/movie they possibly can. So much for a MOS sequel, this movie may as well be renamed Justice League or Trinity... and no offense to Gadot, but she a twig mang.
yeah i agree they are losing their shit because of Marvel which sucks, they could have just left this Batman and Superman and introduced the rest in JL, the upcoming tv shows dont help either

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Jennifer Lawrence, that is it, she is 5'10 (fits the height) and an amazing actor. DC I am dissapoint.

Oh and, Matthew McConaughey for Flash.

If they can make Ben Affleck into a good Batman, they can sure as hell make her into a good Wonder Woman.

Hopefully they do, because that will be the test of whether a stand-alone WW movie would work.

IMO she's too skinny to play WW. She can always gain weight, but weight & body type are two different things. She just doesn't have the shape.
This should ease some of your concern (Captain America movie)

If they wanted to make her larger, it would simply be the same thing in reverse.

People worried about Gadot's and Affleck's physical appearance really shouldn't be too concerned. Just look at Henry Cavill during his run on the Tudors. Zach Snyder has *many* faults as a filmmakers but the man is well known for transforming his actors into fitness icons and he's easily among the best at translating a comic book's illustration and costuming to the big screen.
Mind you, I am not saying this to convince you that the movie is going to be awesome. I am saying this so that in a few months time when the first promo images of Affleck and Gadot hit and they look jaw dropping amazing people have the good sense to not be bamboozled into thinking that's all that counts.

Never seen her before (not a fan of the Fast movies) but I do hope they will be smart enough to teach her and others how to fight for the part so they can throw punches convincing. The one lady in that WW fan made trailer was flaing her arms and it was embarrassing to watch.

EDIT: NVM. DC got someone who already knows how to fight. Good on you DC.

Last edited: