What's new

Wonder Woman cast, Gal Gadot. Hmm, not bad.

Reads thread title "Not bad"...

does she even lift?
Turn outs she was in the military for a few years. Which makes my post about learning how to fight moot. DC got something done right, fight scenes will be done convincingly when the actors actually know how to throw a punch properly.

But can she act? And I mean actually act not be pretty like in the Fast movies?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm feeling it. She seems to have the balance of not-taking-shit and caring.

Also for all the height/muscle comments in the thread so far, she will obviously go through a rigorous training thing like everyone does before a superhero movie.

As for the height, if Tom Cruise can be tall in movies, and RDJ actually has a raised platform he walks on in Iron Man 3 to be the same height as everyone, I'm sure they can fix that too.

It could have been worse from the "fancasts" I've seen... I'm just thankful it's not Beyonce.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Since I can't find naked pictures of her on the internet, they should add some nude scenes into this movie. Since Themyscira is technically an all woman island they should treat it like one big women's locker room. To be true to the comic book fans or something, Whatever works to get her naked.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I broke away from playojg mah PS4 to come on here and say one word with a lot of meaning regarding this situation....

Would.

That is all.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Since I can't find naked pictures of her on the internet, they should add some nude scenes into this movie. Since Themyscira is technically an all woman island they should treat it like one big women's locker room. To be true to the comic book fans or something, Whatever works to get her naked.
Nobody else read issue #617 of her Silver Age run, "Over the River and Through the Wood" where WW, Zatanna and Power Girl has to deliver hats to Zatanna's grandma, get lost in the woods and have to have sex with each other all night long to keep warm? It be stupid if the Batman\Superman movie WASN'T based on this.

And because win:

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
that's the problem, Nolan never wanted a batman like the one in the comic books.
He wanted a more realistic batman, not a batman that fights gods and somehow survives.
They accomplished what they set out to do.
Fanboys are never happy, everyone wants something different.
I am a flash fanboy and I want things in a certain way, if I don't get what I want I will complain like a little bitch.
They should set out to make a depowered Flash next movie, one whos an idiot who has about 1/5th of his abilities. Thatd be cool.

Terrible casting choice. All she does in F&F is look pretty. We don't even know if this girl can act. Her accent also is kind of annoying.
Henry Cavill and Christian Bales accents are worse, by far. They sound like illiterate little boys.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Henry Cavill and Christian Bales accents are worse, by far. They sound like illiterate little boys.
Lol what? Because they're English? They do damn fine american accents... I think as long as the plot does a good job of having good reason to bring her in and it doesn't seem like some sort of rushed "oh shit we gotta do the justice league soon" kinda move then she'll do fine. I'm just happy they're giving the character a chance to be honest.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Lol what? Because they're English? They do damn fine american accents... I think as long as the plot does a good job of having good reason to bring her in and it doesn't seem like some sort of rushed "oh shit we gotta do the justice league soon" kinda move then she'll do fine. I'm just happy they're giving the character a chance to be honest.
Thats what Im saying, if you read any of this it was clear... just because the actors have accents doesnt mean they cant play the character and have a voice that works just fine.

I wish WoWo was getting her own movie first, but since shes in this one, I hope shes in it a LOT. Personally, I want basically 25% Superman, 50% WoWo, and 24% Batman, and 1% LLuthor... all of this in Supermans movie.

Hell, maybe it's a movie of the big three? Not a Batman\Superman one. Would set up the Justice League a lot better
Its really hard to know at this point give details on the movie will be really scarce....but ATM I'm pretty jaded when it comes DC film properties. I honestly don't believe the people making decisions for these movies get the importance of her being an equal to Bats and Supes. In fact, I honestly think that the main motivation behind this movie is that DC was underwhelmed by MOS' box office numbers and they decided to keep calm and call Batman. If anything, I'm expecting something comparable to Ironman 2's black widow. She'll get some lines and and action scene to show her stuff, but when the time comes for the big showdown she'll be MIA.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Its really hard to know at this point give details on the movie will be really scarce....but ATM I'm pretty jaded when it comes DC film properties. I honestly don't believe the people making decisions for these movies get the importance of her being an equal to Bats and Supes. In fact, I honestly think that the main motivation behind this movie is that DC was underwhelmed by MOS' box office numbers and they decided to keep calm and call Batman. If anything, I'm expecting something comparable to Ironman 2's black widow. She'll get some lines and and action scene to show her stuff, but when the time comes for the big showdown she'll be MIA.
I thought MOS did well? It was definitely a mixed bag movie but if anything it made me happy that the wowo fights will be bad ass. I think you're right about how it won't focus on her, she'll probably be introduced and kinda set up for her own movie of sorts. I feel like their going to try and focus on the Clark Bruce relationship but eh, this is all speculation. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

I thought MOS did well? It was definitely a mixed bag movie but if anything it made me happy that the wowo fights will be bad ass. I think you're right about how it won't focus on her, she'll probably be introduced and kinda set up for her own movie of sorts. I feel like their going to try and focus on the Clark Bruce relationship but eh, this is all speculation. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
It didn't do poorly by any means....but you kind of have to think about this from the perspective of an executive who's beholden to his shareholders to understand. MOS made 660 million worldwide. That's pretty great for a non sequel blockbuster actually....unfortunately when you look at the raw numbers without the context, the people higher up want to know why their rival's at Marvel made almost double that in the same year (Ironman 3). They especially want to know why there was such a shrinkage from last year as well (The Dark Knight Rises).

One of the reasons I have a lot of respect for Marvel is that regardless of what you think of the quality of the individual movies leading up to the avengers, the fact that they were willing to take the risk to build up those properties to play the long game is truly admirable given how business works. WB doesn't really roll like that. With Nolan's Batman trilogy and the Harry Potter franchise both concluded they're feeling the *need* for a billion dollar tent pole to keep them competitive and doing more Batman is the quickest way they know how.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
It didn't do poorly by any means....but you kind of have to think about this from the perspective of an executive who's beholden to his shareholders to understand. MOS made 660 million worldwide. That's pretty great for a non sequel blockbuster actually....unfortunately when you look at the raw numbers without the context, the people higher up want to know why their rival's at Marvel made almost double that in the same year (Ironman 3). They especially want to know why there was such a shrinkage from last year as well (The Dark Knight Rises).

One of the reasons I have a lot of respect for Marvel is that regardless of what you think of the quality of the individual movies leading up to the avengers, the fact that they were willing to take the risk to build up those properties to play the long game is truly admirable given how business works. WB doesn't really roll like that. With Nolan's Batman trilogy and the Harry Potter franchise both concluded they're feeling the *need* for a billion dollar tent pole to keep them competitive and doing more Batman is the quickest way they know how.
This is so true. It kind of annoys me how DC is just throwing crap out there and thinking the name will save them.

The Man Of Steel movie was mediocre at best, not really showcasing the awesome power of superman and I believe that these studios will mess up WW as well.

Most of them don't realize that WW and the trinity (big 3) have a huge fan base, so as soon as you make someone as important as WW a background item, well then fans lose credibility in the movie, and think about it, who will be the driving force behind ticket sales? Fans.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Her "acting" needs some work, but Gina Carano would have been the best physical match: 5'8", solid build, knows how to fight...
YESSSSSSS. I said this exact same thing. Why would you cast that tiny little girl when Gina Carano pretty much looks EXACTLY like the generally accepted Wonder Woman archetype? Like... there couldnt have been a better cast. Unreal.

Justice

Noob
This is why if I was a Hollywood director, I'd never touch the Wonder Woman franchise regardless of the money offered. Between no single actress being able to fill the bustier well (there are a number who could do a passable job but why shoot for mediocre?).

If I had to pick anyone, that chick that played Typhoid Mary in Elektra and Ayane in the DOA flick would make my short list. Possibly Shannon Elisabeth as well if she can learn how to hold an accent through an entire flick :p

DarkPage

Noob
well as much as i understand people want them to look the part first, its still a movie and they have to act well, she mustve read for the part and they mustve liked how she potrayed wonder womans personality, as much as i want both the body to fit and the acting to fit, if i had to choose one, id choose acting.

also you never know she could be a huge WW fan.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
YESSSSSSS. I said this exact same thing. Why would you cast that tiny little girl when Gina Carano pretty much looks EXACTLY like the generally accepted Wonder Woman archetype? Like... there couldnt have been a better cast. Unreal.
Gina Carano is a butterface. She is in no way close to attractive enough to play Wonder Woman, and shes also a 100% shitty actress. <3